"Leaning Power Pole of Pattaya" is no more as authorities shamed into action

webfact

3 hours ago, tropo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if half the lines are no longer active - from old services that no longer exist.

Yes.  I have been told that one of the reasons there are so many lines is they don't know what is what so they didn't and never or rarely remove anything.  They just add more on

Several roads are scheduled to have their cables buried, and I'm all in favour of it:

"In all, 46 kilometers of overhead wiring will be moved below ground. The Pattaya overhaul also includes construction of underground distribution systems, high-voltage distribution systems with overhead ground wires, and communications support work.

Following North Road, the PEA has plans to submerge power and utility lines on Walking Street and parts or all of Second, Third, South and Sukhumvit roads, as well as Soi Lenkee and Soi Buakhao."

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/north-road-wire-burying-project-begins-monday-202190

After viewing the Leaning Tower of Pisa, my next trip was to see the Leaning Pole of Pattaya.  There goes the last thing on my bucket list.  Maybe many others had the same wish and will now have to forego that desire.  It could have become a top tourist sight if looked after properly, but not in Thailand, I guess.

Archived