The Real Reasons Expats Decided Thailand (And What They Think Now)

webfact

1 minute ago, Mark1066 said:

All day or the rest of the day - makes very little difference to me really. I'd really dislike drinking from lunchtime until bedtime every day.

We are all different to make our day a happy one. I smoke a few fags too...:stoner:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

All day or the rest of the day - makes very little difference to me. I'd really dislike drinking from lunchtime until bedtime every day. However, the alcoholic intake of the poster to whom you are referring would seem to be the least of his worries.

Maybe he just means till sunset. He doesn't seem like a very worried person to me.

I don't know about every day - I only cycle during the day and drink in the afternoon at the weekends, due to the oppressive nature of my job.

SC

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Maybe he just means till sunset. He doesn't seem like a very worried person to me.

I don't know about every day - I only cycle during the day and drink in the afternoon at the weekends, 

#MeeToo

Mornings are for cycling, afternoons for drinking, evenings TV and family.

Too hot and tired to do much in the afternoon.

I burn very easily, cycling after midday is a big NONO.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

52 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I don't know about every day - I only cycle during the day and drink in the afternoon at the weekends, due to the oppressive nature of my job.

SC

The drinking is really not all that relevant is it? The main point of my initial post was to address his disgusting attitude towards women. I made the mistake of thinking I was dealing with a normal adult - I'm not quite sure why - but as soon as he was presented with facts that didn't affirm his misogynistic way of thinking, he threw a hissy fit. The fact he is not worried about his extremely odd mindset is neither here nor there really. Most people with serious mental issues are blissfully unaware of them.

In any case, as he is not capable of defending his own opinions without having a tantrum, I don't see much point in us discussing them.

Edited by Mark1066

21 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Women are always expensive, I've never found one in any country that actually pays her own way.

Usually they pretend to contribute, then have a baby or two, then take, take, take.

The Thai women are more honest, they never pretend to contribute anything.

If they earn any money, it's all spent on themselves and their lazy family.

Living in Thailand without a woman is really cheap.

If you can resist the cheap Thai women.

It's warm and dry, I can go cycling every morning.

Then laze around the rest of the day drinking beer.

it's all spent on themselves and their lazy family.

My ex was very generous, as she once bought me a shirt. Probably cost 100 baht. She also bought me a birthday card every year. 

She bought me a bicycle, but I had to pay half the cost. The one I wanted only cost what she paid but no, she had to buy one I didn't want at twice the price.

If she actually repaid all the money I "loaned" her, I'd be well off now.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seems I am unable to convince you that not all women are lazy blood-sucking money grabbers.... even with a personal example...  it seems your opinions have become so tarnished and biased by poor experiences you've lost the capacity to see anything else - it comes across as being quite bitter.

Of course not all women are lazy blood-sucking money grabbers.

That's obviously a generalisation, like saying all men are fine upstanding gentlemen, when some aren't.

8 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

Your wife may contribute nothing but mine paid for the vast majority of our house, earns twice as much as I do and pays pretty much all the bills at the moment. If you go looking for 'cheap Thai women', as you put it, it's not surprising that's what you end up with. Misogynistic misfits are always going to be bottom feeders when it comes to the available pool of women in any country. As far as lazing around all day drinking beer, I can't think of anything more revolting frankly.

May I place this in another perspective?

No matter what it involves, there are always exceptions to the rule. But in general, and I have no sources or statistics for my information, only through my personal experiences and what I`ve witnessed over the years, Western guys in relationships with Thai women in Thailand are mainly the financial providers in those relationships. Anyone who disagrees, I`ll argue the point for the rest of eternity.

And as for lazing about all day, drinking beer and maybe throw in a few young desirable women of ill repute into the mix, so far I haven`t managed to fall into that mode of life, but I`m aiming for it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

May I place this in another perspective?

No matter what it involves, there are always exceptions to the rule. But in general, and I have no sources or statistics for my information, only through my personal experiences and what I`ve witnessed over the years, Western guys in relationships with Thai women in Thailand are mainly the financial providers in those relationships. Anyone who disagrees, I`ll argue the point for the rest of eternity.

And as for lazing about all day, drinking beer and maybe throw in a few young desirable women of ill repute into the mix, so far I haven`t managed to fall into that mode of life, but I`m aiming for it.

I would absolutely agree that the majority of "Western guys in relationships with Thai women in Thailand are mainly the financial providers" but I think that state of affairs says a lot more about the desirability of most of the Western guys who come to Thailand than it does about Thai women, or women in general for that matter.

However, the poster I was replying to claimed that expenses were never shared fairly and he is obviously not man enough to admit when he is wrong. There are two of us in this thread alone who enjoy such a relationship.

(If you aspire to lazing around all day drinking beer that's your business of course. I won't pretend I haven't done this in the past but nowadays, with a child to look after and so many more interesting things to do, I genuinely find the idea of such a lifestyle quite unappealing. I certainly don't want to hang around with prostitutes and get drunk, but that's another topic entirely)

Edited by Mark1066

14 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

I would absolutely agree that the majority of "Western guys in relationships with Thai women in Thailand are mainly the financial providers" but I think that state of affairs says a lot more about the desirability of most of the Western guys who come to Thailand than it does about Thai women, or women in general for that matter.

However, the poster I was replying to claimed that expenses were never shared fairly and he is obviously not man enough to admit when he is wrong. There are two of us in this thread alone who enjoy such a relationship.

(If you aspire to lazing around all day drinking beer that's your business of course. I won't pretend I haven't done this in the past but nowadays, with a child to look after and so many more interesting things to do, I genuinely find the idea of such a lifestyle quite unappealing. I certainly don't want to hang around with prostitutes and get drunk, but that's another topic entirely)

I would have supported what you say, except for "I think that state of affairs says a lot more about the desirability of most of the Western guys who come to Thailand than it does about Thai women, or women in general for that matter" which is rather judgemental and quite insulting.

Thousands of us turn up in LOS and stay because we like it, or because we like where we came from less. We are of all sorts, with all sort of characters and motives. Many were treated very badly by western women. 

Whatever, it is uncalled for to use a broad brush when describing us.

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I would have supported what you say, except for "I think that state of affairs says a lot more about the desirability of most of the Western guys who come to Thailand than it does about Thai women, or women in general for that matter" which is rather judgemental and quite insulting.

Thousands of us turn up in LOS and stay because we like it, or because we like where we came from less. We are of all sorts, with all sort of characters and motives. Many were treated very badly by western women. 

Whatever, it is uncalled for to use a broad brush when describing us.

Yes, of course I am being quite insulting, I am responding to highly insulting posts. Do you think the comments about Thai women or women in general on this thread have not been insulting?

@cyberfarang If your partner in crime was trying to make the point that most and not all women don't contribute equally to household expenses then why did he say that any man who believes his wife contributes equally is deluded? He actually called the two people who said their wives did contribute equally liars...not much room for misunderstanding there....I think you must be suffering from selective blindness as far as those posts are concerned. I could quote the comments here but we both know what he said so I don't see the point in wasting my time.

As to my 'holier than thou' attitude, I can see why you feel like that but I make no apologies for finding the sight of drunken old men cavorting with prostitutes in public a distasteful one. You can, as you say, live your life as you see fit and by the same token, I can think what I want about your behaviour. Letting your hair down is not analogous to getting inebriated and sleeping with prostitutes as far as most people are concerned, even if it is acceptable behaviour in your social circles. And actually, you are breaking the law if you are sleeping with prostitutes in Thailand. Perhaps not a widely enforced law but your logic doesn't stand up on that point.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thai women are a practical lot,

I don't get the feeling many are all that bothered about 'cock', but mainly they would like one with a nice house on the end of it.

In fact, outside the white world, that's probably all that's important to most women.

Reminds me of the old joke about the US farmer advertising for a mail order bride, "Looking for a wife who owns a tractor, send photo of tractor"

• Like 1