Pigeon death creates a bizarre finale to Prayut’s talk on superstition

snoop1130

Pigeon death creates a bizarre finale to Prayut’s talk on superstition

By Wasamon Audjarint 
The Nation

53382629b1036782cdd237dfc616c7c7.jpeg

Soon after Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha denied that his government believed in superstition, a rare bird fight that brought demise to a pigeon took place right in front of his office.

While faith in the supernatural is blended with Thai tradition, Prayut insisted that a series of “unusualness” happening around Government House from last week had nothing to do with him. But he then said that he would not disrespect these incidents.

“We are people of Thailand 4.0. These things happened by natural causes. Yet, we also don’t look down on those superstitious incidents,” the premier said.

While last week’s breaking of some lotus basil purchased by Prayut was a mere accident, he went on, the mysterious appearance of a bunch of 36 incense sticks in front his office might have been done by some “good willing civil servants” who were simply praying for the country’s benefit.

The PM’s Secretariat Office on Monday ordered police to track down the person who placed the burning incense sticks there, although they doubted that it could have been done by somebody wanting to perform “a bad ritual” against the government, which has seen its popularity plummet recently.

Shortly after Prayut finished his weekly press briefing yesterday, an unusual fight between a pigeon and two crows took place in front of the Thai Khu Fah building, metres away from where the incense sticks had been placed.

Reporters at Government House immediately turned their interests towards the killed pigeon, which was later tossed into a nearby rubbish bin.

“The pigeon can also be a symbol of the press,” one reporter joked. “Is this a bad omen for the government again –- or for us instead?”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339333

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-2-20

Internationally, the pigeon or dove is a respected symbol of peace. Killing of a white pigeon by a pair of crows is a very omnious sign for these generals who are steeped in superstition. I suspect lots of them are going to have a bad night tonight.

14 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Shortly after Prayut finished his weekly press briefing yesterday, an unusual fight between a pigeon and two crows took place in front of the Thai Khu Fah building, metres away from where the incense sticks had been placed.

Reporters at Government House immediately turned their interests towards the killed pigeon, which was later tossed into a nearby rubbish bin.

Anything, it would appear, is more interesting than listening to the briefing...

3 hours ago, saakura said:

Internationally, the pigeon or dove is a respected symbol of peace. Killing of a white pigeon by a pair of crows is a very omnious sign for these generals who are steeped in superstition. I suspect lots of them are going to have a bad night tonight.

Bring it  on,  way too many pigeons in Thailand and spreading rapidly. The pigeon is not a symbol of  peace its  classed as vermin in the UK

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I think the dead pigeon means it's time to move back to the barracks and let an elected pm rule the country.

Better take heed asap.

It was a white pigeon getting eaten by the black crows.....guess the white pigeons better leave before the elections or they'll get eaten alive.

13 hours ago, saakura said:

Well, I'm sure Prawit will be keeping a watch on things. 

24 minutes ago, Samphawesi said:

Sorry, what does "breaking of some lotus basil" mean? 

I recall the PM paying "out of his own pocket" for lucky lotus basins outside gov house. Having bought into this superstition in the first place, to find they are now breaking must be a monumental freak out.

15 hours ago, saakura said:

It wasn't a "white pigeon" of peace, it was a sky rat.

Archived