BANGKOK 27 March 2019 09:25

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Anger over 'bad manners' of foreign couple on train

bad manners may be .

what about all the locals never washing hands with soaps regardless of professions.

many still using water only to wash with left hand themselves in toilets.

always using fingers to eat food.

all the other bad manners never saying sorry please and thank you acting like thieves.

order please.

smiling is an excuse for asking and meaning a lot hidden.

in Chiang Mai I was there recently no where there is any soap available.

No ice cubes please water is too toxic.

5 hours ago, brd said:

bad manners may be .

what about all the locals never washing hands with soaps regardless of professions.

many still using water only to wash with left hand themselves in toilets.

always using fingers to eat food.

all the other bad manners never saying sorry please and thank you acting like thieves.

order please.

smiling is an excuse for asking and meaning a lot hidden.

in Chiang Mai I was there recently no where there is any soap available.

No ice cubes please water is too toxic.

You could not find soap in Chiang Mai? 

On 21/02/2018 at 12:37 PM, thaiguzzi said:

I thought all these backpacker types read the Lonely Planet type books before and during their hols. It states in all those books about SE Asia and feet and their positioning in Asian Buddhist culture.

Yep. When they get here maybe they forget about what they read and commit a cultural crime, hot pants and crop top in a temple or patting the head of the train passenger in front of them with their feet, yet nobody says anything to them. I'm sure these people assume that what they read in LP is complete BS. Thais just need to grow a pair and say something if they're really are so offended. When I committed a cultural crime in Malaysia I was told instantly, I apologised and didn't do it again. Lesson learnt. 

Of course I cannot agree with this young backpackers attitude but please please please, I could start a new topic easily every two minutes just about the THAI bad behavior. I really mean BAD BEHAVIOR. Much worse than this "feet on a seat" thing. Can we start a topic "Bad Thai Behavior" and see what amazing proof will come up?

Of course I cannot agree with this young backpackers attitude but please please please, I could start a new topic easily every two minutes just about the THAI bad behavior. I really mean BAD BEHAVIOR. Much worse than this "feet on a seat" thing. Can we start a topic "Bad Thai Behavior" and see what amazing proof will come up?

Because others behave poorly is not an excuse to behave poorly.