Anger over 'bad manners' of foreign couple on train

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, claffey said:

It is extremely rude, disgusting and shows a complete lack of cultural understanding. However they are tourists and probably lack local knowledge.

Ah yes, the font of knowledge that is freely available online at the likes of lonely planet, fodor's, wikipedia, google, tripadvisor, countless travel blogs, facebook, twitter and other social media platforms, all gone to waste.

... bad manners ? 

What a load of conditioned crap ! 

The human body body can be inflicted with DVT https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dvt/index.html

obviously the idiots within this land mass would place indoctrinated BS manners over a persons health. 

Talk about the educationally retarded !

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dvt/index.html

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said train officials said nothing to the couple.

And nor did the people complaining and posting it on FB, I assume. A quiet word to the 'guilty' would probably have resulted in an embarrassed apology. Even if those upset knew no English it would be easy to get the message across. I once stood and stared at a girl who had been talking loudly on her phone for 40 minutes on a train in Austria. I didn't say a word, but she apologised and hung up.

5 hours ago, z42 said:

Worse than a monk clouting an elderly foreign chap around the head, or families of Thais tossing their litter out of the window every 5 minutes. 

Some signs would help, but that way it would mean the Thais who sit with their legs across multiple seats would have to stop too, or is this just another op to bash the foreigners

My friend and his pregnant wife had to stand in the train to Bangkok because Thai guys were taking up seats to sleep.

5 hours ago, claffey said:

It is extremely rude, disgusting and shows a complete lack of cultural understanding. However they are tourists and probably lack local knowledge.

It’s got nothing to do with culture.... nor education i suspect (eg... there moms would say that they taught them better), but more with the “me me me” attitude (that any one of us can have) and shows a total lack of consideration for others.

14 minutes ago, mindfulness said:

... bad manners ? 

What a load of conditioned crap ! 

The human body body can be inflicted with DVT https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dvt/index.html

obviously the idiots within this land mass would place indoctrinated BS manners over a persons health. 

Talk about the educationally retarded !

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dvt/index.html

Oh really, so you would do that on an plane? of course you wouldn't, stop being a k..b and get up and walk around if you're worried about dvt.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

I see Thai putting their bare feet on other chairs in restaurants all the time.

They also like to put their feet under their butt while they sit in the skytrain or restaurants or airport lounges.

They even let their young baby walk on the buffet in Sizzlers.

I also see them change diapers on tables in the restaurant or kitchentable in a restaurant.

Or they bring loads of babies into Sizllers who cry nonstop and throw food around...you should see the floor after they're gone.

But of course this is their country and they can be as lowclass as they like.

Are you not getting the Thais mixed up with the Chinese?

3 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Well, they at least took their shoes off before putting their feet up. Would same posters who were awfully upset by this degenerate behaviour now like to quote on the Thai cabbie masturbating all the way to Bangkok airport because he was excited about his falang woman passenger. And he admitted it.

...bit difficult driving a cab with your shoes off.

4 hours ago, agudbuk said:
5 hours ago, PatOngo said:
I need to pick my nose while I think about this.

Recent research says that picking your nose and eating the contents enhanced the immune system and is good for your health.

Thanks. For some reason, being ill suddenly doesn't seem so bad.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

It's bad manners for sure. So is squatting with your feet on toilet seats, chairs and tables. Peeing, gobbing and picking the nose in public.

At least it's only a few farang guilty of being offensive.

What about the Chinese kid shiting on the kerb in Pattaya?

Aha the good old thai public slash netizens. Of course nobody told the ignorant tourists in a friendly, buddhist, empathic way that this is a rude thing to do. No. They prefer the good old complaining on the www where likes and dislikes can boost their childish egos. I have educated 100s of tourists since i live here. I feel good about it as im experienced and most of these EVIL DOERS have no idea. The thai have this silly tradition to mind their own biz which is great but it is NOT in every case. One of the first years i was living here plenty of people "corrected" me the good way. Live and learn!

2 hours ago, Thian said:

They even let their young baby walk on the buffet in Sizzlers.

I also see them change diapers on tables in the restaurant or kitchentable in a restaurant.

Or they bring loads of babies into Sizllers who cry nonstop and throw food around...you should see the floor after they're gone.

But of course this is their country and they can be as lowclass as they like.

Which Sizzlers did you go in ?

Doesnt sound like its a very nice place 

Where was it located ?

2 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

Aha the good old thai public slash netizens. Of course nobody told the ignorant tourists in a friendly, buddhist, empathic way that this is a rude thing to do. No. They prefer the good old complaining on the www where likes and dislikes can boost their childish egos. I have educated 100s of tourists since i live here. I feel good about it as im experienced and most of these EVIL DOERS have no idea. The thai have this silly tradition to mind their own biz which is great but it is NOT in every case. One of the first years i was living here plenty of people "corrected" me the good way. Live and learn!

How much success have you had explaining anything to a white woman?

Bad manners no matter where you go and who they are. Reminds the time i was in a restaurant and two Thai Kids were standing on top of a table jumping up and down and screaming and the parents were right there and said nothing and were trying to eat.

3 hours ago, DoctorG said:

This has nothing to do with Thais or farangs. This is just bad manners in any country. Low-life ignorant jerks.

In addition it's just basic common sense. Dirt and dust accumulate on the feet, especially in warm climates where one might/does wear sandals, and one never knows what that dirt has come into contact with.

Archived