Anger over 'bad manners' of foreign couple on train

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

How much success have you had explaining anything to a white woman?

A lot of success. Unlike many posters here i don't hate white ladies nor do i consider them "whales, fatties, filthy, ugly, etc". But then i never came to Thailand because my marriage with a western woman crashed or because i like submissive farmgirls who make me feel soooooo superior and more intelligent. 

YUP watch out 'er someone will get their panties in a wad.  For the love of God, don't anyone post multiple photos of Thais throwing trash out windows of vehicles ....'er we'll be as "upset" as those who see feet on chairs.

image.jpeg.16782be8ede0cc27dff7e54281ca668c.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Donotdisturb said:

A lot of success. Unlike many posters here i don't hate white ladies nor do i consider them "whales, fatties, filthy, ugly, etc". But then i never came to Thailand because my marriage with a western woman crashed or because i like submissive farmgirls who make me feel soooooo superior and more intelligent. 

Not seeking out unpleasant activities/situations seems entirely normal to me.

Which is why I'm putting you on 'ignore', it doesn't mean I hate you either.

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Y

5 hours ago, agudbuk said:
5 hours ago, PatOngo said:
I need to pick my nose while I think about this.

Recent research says that picking your nose and eating the contents enhanced the immune system and is good for your health.

You do realise that I'm 105 yrs old!

Better get eating than. Maybe get some donations from friends and family and shoot for 150;-)

This is just pig ignorant in any country, and not just Thailand; it is just that it would never occur to them to do it in their own country. It is also irrelevant what Thais may or may not do; there is no linkage whatsoever.

Also, how are the couple going to sue the poster. From the photographs shown, they are not identifiable, unless you are going to identify them by their big toe.

Worse than a monk clouting an elderly foreign chap around the head, or families of Thais tossing their litter out of the window every 5 minutes. 
Some signs would help, but that way it would mean the Thais who sit with their legs across multiple seats would have to stop too, or is this just another op to bash the foreigners

Oh bad manners eh!our Thai lager and whisky louts come to our beach....eat all they can...drink even more than they have ever drunk....leave all rubbish behind...left over foods...empty bottles..... cans... nappies..stinky ones....perhaps I should upload a few pictures....where was the security guard of the train...???

Please excuse spelling mistakes/Grammar/Misunderstanding!

Recent research says that picking your nose and eating the contents enhanced the immune system and is good for your health.

I am still laughing at this...this is so funny....I am very sure as nippers we all tasted them too..Immune system eh!.hmmmm!

Please excuse spelling mistakes/Grammar/Misunderstanding!

5 hours ago, agudbuk said:
5 hours ago, PatOngo said:
I need to pick my nose while I think about this.

Might be ok for the picker but the receiver of any pickings could be contaminated with staph bacteria.

Ancient research:-

"A staph infection is caused by a Staphylococcus (or "staph") bacteria. Actually, about 25% of people normally carry staph in the nose, mouth, genitals, or anal area, and don't have symptoms of an infection. ... The infection often begins with a little cut, which gets infected with bacteria."

Just been on my three monthly trip down to Penang ( stopped at Pedang Besar because Malaysia will not allow the SRT into Malaysia anymore) and i must say that after twenty five years of doing the same journey i was shocked at the bad manners of the staff, the food was terrible, even the waiter apologised for the quality of the food. So considering how bad mannered Thai SRT staff have become i'm really not bothered about some back packers on a train probably doing something which they never considered to be offensive...... My question to the offended, is why didn't you explain to the people that it would be better if you put your feet down, i'm pretty sure they would of complied...... But oh no, let's do it the Thai way........... Sly..........

2 minutes ago, SGD said:

Welcome to the "More Thai than the Thais" brigade of clowns who pontificate about cultural this and that nonsense when the Thais themselves couldn't give a sh1t.

'' Many Lampang people became furious after seeing pictures of a foreign couple raising their feet over the head cushions of two seats aboard the Lampang-Chiang Mai train on Tuesday.''

6 hours ago, claffey said:

It is extremely rude, disgusting and shows a complete lack of cultural understanding. However they are tourists and probably lack local knowledge..

In some countries it is considered extremely rude to remove your shoes in someone else's house. This is due to socks being smelly and dirty. So I wonder how many Thai people travel to other countries and take their shoes off when they are not suppose to?

Tourists of all nationalities may become involved in such cultural misunderstandings. Do they deserve to be photographed and posted all over the internet? Probably not and it may also be illegal under the cyber crime act?

The real fault is with the train staff and other passengers. A polite tap on the shoulder and a nice reminder that its impolite to put you feet up in Thailand may have worked. However the shyness and fear of confrontation stops many Thai people from doing so. They are not so afraid of confrontation whilst hiding behind their phones though!

What is the lack of cultural knowledge ?

I cannot think of any country where it is culturally acceptable to do  what they were doing, although I have seen Thais putting their feet on seats in trains restaurants etc

6 hours ago, z42 said:

Worse than a monk clouting an elderly foreign chap around the head, or families of Thais tossing their litter out of the window every 5 minutes. 

Some signs would help, but that way it would mean the Thais who sit with their legs across multiple seats would have to stop too, or is this just another op to bash the foreigners

So, you and your group of followers think this action is okay? Putting your feet over the top of chair backs is not acceptable anywhere. No matter what the locals may do. 

I totally agree with the Thais being disgusted at such rude and inconsiderate manners  from Falangs and most are usually young due to parents lacking teaching them manners.

Here in Australia it's a fine and all carriages post a sign being a picture with a red cross through it and no need to translate in any language that clearly indicates that putting feet on the back of a front seat or a seat in front is not permitted.

These Falangs are totally deserving of a punishment.

I suggest all trains in all carriages in Thailand have that sign and if caught a 200 Bah fine. If after the fine they continue such behavior kick them off at the next station with another fine. Case closed and solved.

I agree that it doesn't look that good but people are not consequent about what they are getting angry about.

In this country there sure is a lot to be angry about for the common man.

Recently one high army official went to a famous national park when it was closed and demanded the park officials

to open it because he was going camping. This time he shot a tiger and previously he's been hunting deers, birds and other

animals. This is something that makes me far more angry than when some tourists with long legs stretch them out.

But the thais are just shrudding their shoulders because you can't fight money in this country which has been proved several times.

That is something to blow your steam off on Facebook.

Maybe i should jump up and down about Thai manners because they have none. Was in Macro 2 days buying vegetables Took them to the counter to get them priced. A thai guy came out of nowhere and put his stuff right in front of mine so the guy from Macro had to stop doing my order and do his. I turned around and said excuse me mate wait your turn The attitude is Me first .  You see it on the roads how they drive  you see it when they shop  You see when they board buses  and trains. They just push straight in Excuse me  or sorry would  not even enter there head

7 hours ago, daoyai said:

Why not a headline "Anger over SRT officials neglect of enforcing rules"... ?

Eeeeeexactly!!   Same reason Thais drive like maniacs ...because there is little risk of being reprimanded!  (I must say I DO however despise people (anyone) who put there feet up on seats.)

42 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

What is the lack of cultural knowledge ?

I cannot think of any country where it is culturally acceptable to do  what they were doing, although I have seen Thais putting their feet on seats in trains restaurants etc

Not to mention their dogs up on seats!

"Although we have different cultures, I think all countries teach their people to have good manners.”

Like picking your nose in public?  Like passing on blind corners and forcing oncoming traffic off of the road?  Like refusing to let other vehicles merge in front of you when two lane merges down to one?  Those type of manners?

You gotta get out of your own country to understand what is considered 'manners' be they good or bad or indifferent.  Most Thais, having not been outside of Thailand, simply don't have a clue what goes on outside of their Thai-bubble. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Which Sizzlers did you go in ?

Doesnt sound like its a very nice place 

Where was it located ?

Where they let the toddler walk on the buffet was opposite side of the road along patpong sala daeng iirc, in some mini mall there...

But if you wanna see crying kids ALL OVER the Sizzlers you go to Westgate, especially during the weekend....i won't go there anymore, never. They even bring babies from 6 months old who already cry when they enter the restaurant.

Last time there were 4 crying babies in that sizzlers, one was from a farang with thai wife...the wife walked in/out the restaurant all the time with that crying baby while mr farang could eat with the other kiddo's.

It totally ruined my steak so we left, i thanked the mother outside for ruining my dinner then she chased us while yelling with the baby on her arm....unbelievable what some farang marry to.

6 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Well, they at least took their shoes off before putting their feet up. Would same posters who were awfully upset by this degenerate behaviour now like to quote on the Thai cabbie masturbating all the way to Bangkok airport because he was excited about his falang woman passenger. And he admitted it.

And you witnessed it? 

Unbelievable behaviour of people who are TOTAL MORONS!!

It's NO wonder why Tourists (everywhere) have such a Bad Reputation - however, since other people (might) do it, it does not mean that such appalling behaviour must be replicated!!

Show some dignity .... when travelling in Foreign Regions - or even better - STAY AT HOME, where you can do, whatever you want ... in your own home!! :shock1:

Archived