90 Day Reporting - Online

HullyGully

Compare complaints to favorable posts on any topic here. 

Maybe those who fail are posting in hope of getting some help or answers while others succeed and just move on. 

But you should probably just use another option. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without sitting down next to someone who is trying to submit their online 90 report online and failing, it's difficult to determine the nature of the problem.  For example, it appeared that I "failed" in my most recent attempt to submit Hubby's 90 day report, until I carefully reviewed what I had submitted and realized I had listed his birth year as 2018.  Oops.  Tried again with correct year and it worked.  

You have to have an attention to detail to use the online system.

Agreed that the system requires a lot of attention to detail. One wrong move and it won’t let you get past the dreaded “report to immigration” message. Once I was off by a day for my 7-15 day window and got the message. Others have said they finally noticed they weren’t entering the first two “alpha” characters correctly for their arrival/departure card ID and made the common mistake of typing a zero in place of the letter “O” or using “1” instead of the letter “I” (such “substitutions” don’t seem to be a problem when using mail-in.)

With many other “gotchas”, it is frustrating when an online system doesn’t tell you what you’re doing wrong. It demands a careful eye, a good checklist and a ton of patience. Many have found it’s easier just to mail their reports instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I successfully submitted mine last Thursday 9 March (before 8am). It’s been “pending” since. 

My current 90 expires 21 March. As I’m leaving Thailand for a brief stint on 1 April I don’t care if IM responds or not. It’s in their hands and I’ve complied with the requirements to report, which they acknowledge.

2 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

I successfully submitted mine last Thursday 9 March (before 8am). It’s been “pending” since. 

My current 90 expires 21 March. As I’m leaving Thailand for a brief stint on 1 April I don’t care if IM responds or not. It’s in their hands and I’ve complied with the requirements to report, which they acknowledge.

I believe a  "pending" response is not acceptable to immigration.

Happened to me time before last so I simply sent by registered mail within the timeframe, you might consider doing the same thing if it stays at "pending" for the next couple of days.

14 hours ago, Thailand said:

I believe a  "pending" response is not acceptable to immigration.

Happened to me time before last so I simply sent by registered mail within the timeframe, you might consider doing the same thing if it stays at "pending" for the next couple of days.

I appreciate your feedback. I posted to see what others who had similar experience might contribute.  As it is immigration who has labelled the submittal "pending" I don't understand what you mean by it "is not acceptable". One could say the same for "accepted" or "rejected" as well, no?

Immigration acknowledges they have received my report of my address via their official channels. What I lack is the exact date when I would need to report again; which is moot when I depart Thailand before whatever date that may be.

I and others have sent the 90 day report by registered mail and have proof of delivery to immigration and yet have not received the nest 90 day reporting slip by return mail.  When that happened to me I went to immigration, they acknowledged they had received it and it had been logged in their system and they handed me my 90 day slip.

I don't see a difference with my "pending" 90 day report.

If you have more details on what you mean when you write "I believe" that "pending" is not acceptable where in this case I will not require their next 90 day slip since I will leave the country well before when that would be due I'd welcome that....

There is an acceptance signature when you mail in by registered or EMS, there is no no such personal reference when you do it online.

I queried the "pending" status by calling immigration and it was they that suggested an alternative method as the computer apparently showed that no new report date had been logged since "pending". The only other options that show on online reporting are rejected and accepted. You may still get the acceptance as only a couple of working days have passed.

As for not getting the acceptance of notification slip back by mail that only happened once out of the many times that we have used mail in, again, a simple phone call to immigration confirmed that they had confirmed new due date. They had no idea why the return mail had not arrived, we use registered to ensure confirmation of receipt and a return 3 baht sae.

if you are leaving on 1st April you will be overdue and liable to a 2000 baht fine.

Just trying to help, your choice. 

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

I appreciate your feedback. I posted to see what others who had similar experience might contribute.  As it is immigration who has labelled the submittal "pending" I don't understand what you mean by it "is not acceptable". One could say the same for "accepted" or "rejected" as well, no?

Immigration acknowledges they have received my report of my address via their official channels. What I lack is the exact date when I would need to report again; which is moot when I depart Thailand before whatever date that may be.

I and others have sent the 90 day report by registered mail and have proof of delivery to immigration and yet have not received the nest 90 day reporting slip by return mail.  When that happened to me I went to immigration, they acknowledged they had received it and it had been logged in their system and they handed me my 90 day slip.

I don't see a difference with my "pending" 90 day report.

If you have more details on what you mean when you write "I believe" that "pending" is not acceptable where in this case I will not require their next 90 day slip since I will leave the country well before when that would be due I'd welcome that....

The attached picture is a part of the Read Me that you must check the box that you have read and understand before you can go any further with the online application or checking on status.  This is a snippet from "After Application Submission" section of the Read Me.

Capture.JPG

Just adding to those who have submitted their report online, and are still "Pending."  It's been 7 days pending for me. 

Since the due date is tomorrow, the 14th,

I called their hotline (1111) and was told that I could still wait another few days, and if it's still pending, I should print out the pending notice, and report to the office at Promenada.  Of course, the whole idea of doing this online is to avoid having to show up in person.

20 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

Just adding to those who have submitted their report online, and are still "Pending."  It's been 7 days pending for me. 

Since the due date is tomorrow, the 14th,

I called their hotline (1111) and was told that I could still wait another few days, and if it's still pending, I should print out the pending notice, and report to the office at Promenada.  Of course, the whole idea of doing this online is to avoid having to show up in person.

Interesting,1111, isn't that the complaints hotline? And different to the response I got previously by contacting Promenada direct where they recommended I go an alternative route after 7 days pending.

Chiangmai Imm tend not to follow the normal guidelines and you may get a different response if you roll up at Promenada with your print out of the "pending" when you are overdue.See post 38 for more info.

Let us know how it goes please. Good luck.

I appreciate all the feedback.

In the end it is whatever IMM wants to do about any matter, rules or not.

The 90 day submission is not a request for approval, by regulation.  So long as the report is accomplished without falsehoods or errors in the information the foreigner has complied with the regulation.

The attached picture is the header of the Read Me and the the TM-47 form itself is titled "FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS ", and IMM completes the submission at the bottom of the TM-47 under the header "

RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION".  There is no actual approval requested by the nature of the form- if it is defective in any part by the applicant then IMM is required to reject it and if they do not then the applicant has met the regulatory requirement to report.

Finally, the comment above in #37 that "There is an acceptance signature when you mail in by registered or EMS, there is no no such personal reference when you do it online" I do not agree with. The online system returns a TRN when the online notification has been completed and completely correctly- any errors by the applicant in inputting the requested data online will result in no acknowledgement by IMM of the receipt of the applicant's online 90-day notice- and which I would argue is even stronger  evidence of a submission of a correct notification then one that is received by IMM via mail (which only acknowledges that an envelope addressed to IMM was received, without any review at that point in time by IMM on the adequacy of the applicant's submission).

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 4.15.12 AM.png

1 hour ago, jeffandgop said:

The 90 day submission is not a request for approval, by regulation.  So long as the report is accomplished without falsehoods or errors in the information the foreigner has complied with the regulation.

The attached picture is the header of the Read Me and the the TM-47 form itself is titled "FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS ", and IMM completes the submission at the bottom of the TM-47 under the header "

RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION".  There is no actual approval requested by the nature of the form- if it is defective in any part by the applicant then IMM is required to reject it and if they do not then the applicant has met the regulatory requirement to report.

Finally, the comment above in #37 that "There is an acceptance signature when you mail in by registered or EMS, there is no no such personal reference when you do it online" I do not agree with. The online system returns a TRN when the online notification has been completed and completely correctly- any errors by the applicant in inputting the requested data online will result in no acknowledgement by IMM of the receipt of the applicant's online 90-day notice- and which I would argue is even stronger  evidence of a submission of a correct notification then one that is received by IMM via mail (which only acknowledges that an envelope addressed to IMM was received, without any review at that point in time by IMM on the adequacy of the applicant's submission).

You are being far too logical, it will all end in tears!!

1 hour ago, jeffandgop said:

My advice was simply based on the experience of more than one hundred ninety day reports over the years in various forms.

It is a simple take it or leave it, your choice is to leave it. Let us know how it turns out as it will be useful for others.

10 hours ago, Thailand said:

My advice was simply based on the experience of more than one hundred ninety day reports over the years in various forms.

It is a simple take it or leave it, your choice is to leave it. Let us know how it turns out as it will be useful for others.

As fate would have it, I received an email from IMM an hour ago “approving” my online submittal.

As with jeffandgop (above) I got my online approval today also.  Now I need to figure out what to print out.  There's a button marked "The Next Appointment (PRINT)," but nothing happens when I click on it. 

At least I got the approval.  One thing at a time.

Any ideas what needs to be done to get a slip showing my next appointment?

Yesterday on a lark I decided to try the online system...

I usually let the agent do this while we have a nice lunch at the Wine Connection...

With my MacBook and Safari browser... Entered all info and got a Pending Status... Today status was Appoved!...

Btw... I left the country for Xmas and this was my first 90 days on a new arrival!.

:crying:

• 2 months later...

Submitted the information online on Sunday, May 13, at 11:00 a.m.  Monday was a holiday.

Today, Tuesday, 15 May, at 5:09 p.m. I received an email that the report is approved.

The whole thing done with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge browser, including printing the application, approval, and next appointment.

Chiang Mai Immigration or whoever takes care of this online reporting seems to have improved it even more.

• 2 months later...

Managed to submit the online 90-day reporting online form OK, but not after a few pitfalls.  So I thought I'd post my problems, and their solutions, to assist others.  3 pages need to be filled in to get to the final 4th page, and each gave me problems, as follows:

BROWSER:  FIREFOX

Page 1:  I had my flight filled in as 'TG 911'.  It seems that the space caused the rejection, and I kept getting the standard 'contact immigration' message.  However, changing the flight to 'TG911' (no space) magically unblocked the process, moving me to page 2.

Page 2:  This time I kept getting another error message - but Immigration had now switched to Thai, the crafty fellows - see attachment.  It states that it cannot use the email address provided, even though each one of the half-dozen emails I gave them was valid.  Out of desperation I dug up an old Yahoo.com email address that I haven't used for years.  Success!  On to Page 3.

Page 3:  This showed the various fields that I had filled in during the session (e.g. surname), but each had a dash next to them.  I figured that this simply showed that I had provided the data.  Nothing else to do on Page 3 except check the box and press Accept.  Big problem - it simply returned me to the Page 3 form, box unchecked.  I also had the option of going back, but that didn't help, given that the site had already accepted my information.  Now I was stuck.

BROWSER: CHROME:

The only thing to do was to switch browsers.  I fired up Chrome, and went through the whole process from scratch - not a big deal, since I had already identified the tripwires.  This time, when I went to Page 3, all my details were shown in the form, instead of the dashes.  And of course then the 'Accept' button worked.  Seems it's a Firefox thing.

So I agree with the advice others have provided - just be patient and don't give up, and don't use Firefox.  And once you've identified the tripwires, the next 90-day submission should be a breeze.  Good luck!

Unable too use email address.jpg

4 hours ago, Groundpounder said:

I had my flight filled in as 'TG 911'.  It seems that the space caused the rejection,

I once experienced similar when I entered my flight number incorrectly. 

Later, a rare helpful member pointed out that flight is not a required field. Don't enter fields that are not *required.

6 hours ago, Groundpounder said:

Managed to submit the online 90-day reporting online form OK, but not after a few pitfalls.  So I thought I'd post my problems, and their solutions, to assist others.  3 pages need to be filled in to get to the final 4th page, and each gave me problems, as follows:

BROWSER:  FIREFOX

Page 1:  I had my flight filled in as 'TG 911'.  It seems that the space caused the rejection, and I kept getting the standard 'contact immigration' message.  However, changing the flight to 'TG911' (no space) magically unblocked the process, moving me to page 2.

Page 2:  This time I kept getting another error message - but Immigration had now switched to Thai, the crafty fellows - see attachment.  It states that it cannot use the email address provided, even though each one of the half-dozen emails I gave them was valid.  Out of desperation I dug up an old Yahoo.com email address that I haven't used for years.  Success!  On to Page 3.

Page 3:  This showed the various fields that I had filled in during the session (e.g. surname), but each had a dash next to them.  I figured that this simply showed that I had provided the data.  Nothing else to do on Page 3 except check the box and press Accept.  Big problem - it simply returned me to the Page 3 form, box unchecked.  I also had the option of going back, but that didn't help, given that the site had already accepted my information.  Now I was stuck.

BROWSER: CHROME:

The only thing to do was to switch browsers.  I fired up Chrome, and went through the whole process from scratch - not a big deal, since I had already identified the tripwires.  This time, when I went to Page 3, all my details were shown in the form, instead of the dashes.  And of course then the 'Accept' button worked.  Seems it's a Firefox thing.

So I agree with the advice others have provided - just be patient and don't give up, and don't use Firefox.  And once you've identified the tripwires, the next 90-day submission should be a breeze.  Good luck!

Unable too use email address.jpg

Ah, but have you received the acceptance notice AND have you been able to print out your notice to put into your passport?  Last time I did Hubby's 90 day report online we got so far that he got the email notice from Imm. that his report had been accepted (like 4 days later) but whenever I went to try to print the receipt for the passport, I received a message (in Thai) that they couldn't find the record.

His next report is due on Monday, so I'm going out to Imm. Prom. in person to inquire.  Haven't been there in a while.

My approval came through about 7 hours after submittal.  No problems in retrieving and printing the approved form (the same form that they provided on successful application, except that the inclined yellow 'Pending' stamp in the top right corner is changed to a green 'Approved' stamp).  I filled in both tabs and the process worked flawlessly.

Overall, the system works - it's just that the coding for the application is crude and amateurish and needs improvement - users shouldn't have to figure out the multiple tripwires created by clumsy coding.  There are plenty of very smart Thai computer whizzes in the private sector who could easily fix the glitches without breaking a sweat.  But once you've figured out how to make the system work, it's literally just a few minutes on your computer every 90 days after that.  Hardly a big deal, and much easier than travelling to Chaeng Wattana (if you're in BKK), getting ticket number 291 for the queue, and then realizing that number 126 is showing on the red LED display!  See attachment.

Fun at Chaeng Wattana.jpg

13 hours ago, NancyL said:

Ah, but have you received the acceptance notice AND have you been able to print out your notice to put into your passport?  Last time I did Hubby's 90 day report online we got so far that he got the email notice from Imm. that his report had been accepted (like 4 days later) but whenever I went to try to print the receipt for the passport, I received a message (in Thai) that they couldn't find the record.

His next report is due on Monday, so I'm going out to Imm. Prom. in person to inquire.  Haven't been there in a while.

So if you have to go down to Immigration to confirm do you charge him more the the 300 baht rate?...

On 8/14/2018 at 8:42 PM, NancyL said:

If Immigration has given you a multi-digit TRN number and bar-code, and if that isn't working properly in retrieving your approved TM-47, I would suspect that the cause might be an improperly entered TRN number (though I'm sure you've entered it multiple times), because that TRN number is surely in their computer.  It seems to me that the system is basically sound, it's just that the data entry interface has been poorly coded.

The problem is that you cannot copy and paste the number from the PDF that Immigration sent you to make sure that you are inputting an exact copy of the number.  Therefore, I used a Optical Character Recognition program to turn this form into recognizable text that I just then copied and pasted the TRN number into one of the two fields needed to retrieve my approved form.

An alternative way would be to read the bar code on your mobile phone using an appropriate app, and then email it to yourself.  Then you can simply cut-and-paste the number into the form.

Worth a try, I reckon....

Actually you do not need a TRN number to search for your submission... When checking status click on the passport number tab... enter your passport, age (remember month first) and select country this will give your access to your entire submission history...

1903852913_ScreenShot2018-08-15at10_52_04PM.jpg.d5bf4265c392693ebc0cd3c785bcd9aa.jpg 

1920861695_ScreenShot2018-08-15at10_48_37PM.jpg.7c18612da6f214b1e6bd5554a212c45e.jpg

Hmm - I tried just entering the personal details first, and it didn't work for.  When I also entered the TRN number, that worked fine, so I assumed that both were required.  Perhaps I entered one tiny detail wrong in the personal data tab (though there's little room for error) - another 'tripwire' perhaps?

^^^ I spoke incorrectly in my post before you should put the day first not the month

DD/MM/YYYY

and the nationality is a dropdown... you just need to put in a letter to start... Ex: put in "am" and you will see American appear

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, DougSunee said:

Evening all just a quick update, I completed my 90 Day report this evening 27 Oct no hassle whatsoever. Windows 10 and Chrome whilst i've done it on-line before this is the first time i've ever been able to do it outside office hours.

And not in pending? Already got receipt of notification?

Archived