90 Day Reporting - Online

HullyGully

I just tried reporting online (TM.47 90 day reporting for Retirement visa) and wasn't successful.  I read all the tips I could find here on Thaivisa but when I hit the submit button I get a pop-up that says "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."  I assume this indicates a system error but I don't know; it would be nice if the message wasn't so vague!

Just wondering if this is a temporary glitch and maybe I should keep trying over the next few days, or if I should stop wasting my time and just go down to IMM in-person.  My expiration date is Nov 30.  I don't trust doing this by mail. 

Online reporting just sounded so convenient but I had a sneaking suspicion it was too good to be true ????  I tried to contact IMM by phone as instructed on the website; what a total waste of time that was!  So damn frustrating dealing with this bureaucratic nonsense!!! 

Any tips or advice on the online reporting would be appreciated but I'm pretty sure I've done everything correctly (and tried at least a dozen times with different parameters (i.e.: filling in only boxes with "red *", leaving prefixes out of TN.8 # and flight #, trying different browser platforms, dumping browser cache, etc.) 

If I go down to IMM in person, any idea how long I might be spending there to get this done? 

Do I need anything other than signed copies of my passport pages?  For instance, a copy of rental agreement?

Every experience I have at IMM is an monumental ordeal!  It would be nice for a change for it all to just go smoothly.  Just wondering if that is actually a possibility LOL!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:

I just tried reporting online (TM.47 90 day reporting for Retirement visa) and wasn't successful.  I read all the tips I could find here on Thaivisa but when I hit the submit button I get a pop-up that says "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."  I assume this indicates a system error but I don't know; it would be nice if the message wasn't so vague!

Just wondering if this is a temporary glitch and maybe I should keep trying over the next few days, or if I should stop wasting my time and just go down to IMM in-person.  My expiration date is Nov 30.  I don't trust doing this by mail. 

Online reporting just sounded so convenient but I had a sneaking suspicion it was too good to be true ????  I tried to contact IMM by phone as instructed on the website; what a total waste of time that was!  So damn frustrating dealing with this bureaucratic nonsense!!! 

Any tips or advice on the online reporting would be appreciated but I'm pretty sure I've done everything correctly (and tried at least a dozen times with different parameters (i.e.: filling in only boxes with "red *", leaving prefixes out of TN.8 # and flight #, trying different browser platforms, dumping browser cache, etc.) 

If I go down to IMM in person, any idea how long I might be spending there to get this done? 

Do I need anything other than signed copies of my passport pages?  For instance, a copy of rental agreement?

Every experience I have at IMM is an monumental ordeal!  It would be nice for a change for it all to just go smoothly.  Just wondering if that is actually a possibility LOL!

Regarding "in-person" 90 day notification in Chiang Mai, is there a need to arrive real early and queue to assure getting a ticket.  I'm getting conflicting information.  Some seem to say that if you don't arrive super-early, you run the risk of not getting a ticket and being told to come back the next day. 

It sure would be nice if Immigration provided official & reliable details, but of course they do not have any information on their website ????  

30 minutes ago, CangguSurfer said:

Regarding "in-person" 90 day notification in Chiang Mai, is there a need to arrive real early and queue to assure getting a ticket.  I'm getting conflicting information.  Some seem to say that if you don't arrive super-early, you run the risk of not getting a ticket and being told to come back the next day. 

It sure would be nice if Immigration provided official & reliable details, but of course they do not have any information on their website ????  

It seems to be much better now, probably roll up 8-9am and get done fairly quickly.

That said absolutely no reason to do 90 days in person with online and postal acceptance available.

3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

...That said absolutely no reason to do 90 days in person with online and postal acceptance available.

Thanks for reply.  I have been trying to do it online with no luck at all.  Have tried several different browser platforms, both windows and osx.  Tried every permutation of info entry.  Too late for mail I believe, since my expiration is this coming Friday.  Sure would be nice if they could get the online system working "reliably" but this is Thailand so I'm not holding my breath on that.

tm47 (1).doc

23 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:

Anybody have a link to the TM47 specifically for Chinag Mai in PDF format?  I found a "DOC" link but can't open it since I'm on a mac so I need it as a PDF.  

Hope this one works for  you , plenty to find if you use Google

By the way it does not open , it downloads to your computer , there you can open it.

Got you a PDF file also , but its not fillable like the word doc.

Good luck.

tm47 (1).doc

tm47 (1).pdf

On 11/26/2018 at 5:14 PM, terminatorchiangmai said:

tm47 (1).doc

Hope this one works for  you , plenty to find if you use Google

By the way it does not open , it downloads to your computer , there you can open it.

Got you a PDF file also , but its not fillable like the word doc.

Good luck.

tm47 (1).doc

tm47 (1).pdf

Maybe I am misunderstanding (which seems to be the case with everything related to IMM...LOL) but doesn't the Chiang Mai office use a variation of this form?  I have read that CM has one that is slightly different than the usual TM.47, and the usual one will be rejected by CM. 

TROUBLE-SHOOTING ONLINE REPORTING

I just found VERY detailed instructions on all options (online, mail-in, and in-person) for doing 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai.  The instructions for doing it online include a lot of troubleshooting information that I've not seen anywhere else. 

Just thought I'd post for anyone else as confused as I've been about the online option in particular.

It was originally written in 2015 but appears to have been updated in 2018.

https://sites.google.com/site/ccccrecent/home/immigration-online-reporting-help

25 minutes ago, thorne said:

Just submitted my 90 day notification online, no problem as always , normally receive the approval within hours  !

Good to hear; The issues I had with online reporting were my own fault actually.  Since I had just been to IMM (in person) on Nov 10 to report my re-entry from a trip abroad, I didn't realize this also automatically reset my 90 day reporting requirement to Feb 7 instead of what it had been before my trip which would have been Nov 30.  Kind of stupid of me but I guess that's why the online system rejected my attempt to report in connection with my retirement visa last week.

13 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

The system rejects applications that are outside the required time frame.

The dummy before you did the same thing and ranted about the IO too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

Dummy?  That's nice!  You sound like a real friendly Farang LOL!

On 11/28/2018 at 5:17 PM, Bill97 said:

The system rejects applications that are outside the required time frame... The dummy before you did the same thing

You're sure of this, Einstein? The time frame for walk in is two weeks before the due date and one week after. The online URL states, Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification.

My friend was just here and we entered the proper information in the proper format on the first page, the correct Captcha, but it would still not advance to the 2nd page. Same for Chrome as well as IE 11. Oh, 13 days until due date. So, we did it by mail. Tell us what he did wrong.

You're sure of this, Einstein? The time frame for walk in is two weeks before the due date and one week after. The online URL states, Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification.
My friend was just here and we entered the proper information in the proper format on the first page, the correct Captcha, but it would still not advance to the 2nd page. Same for Chrome as well as IE 11. Oh, 13 days until due date. So, we did it by mail. Tell us what he did wrong.

Probably info not correct or site temporarily down but don't know exactly what you did so how the hell could I tell you what you did wrong.

Many who say they did everything right come back later and acknowledge their mistakes, others try again later with success for unexplained reasons.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Probably info not correct or site temporarily down but don't know exactly what you did so how the hell could I tell you what you did wrong. Many who say they did everything right come back later and acknowledge their mistakes, others try again later with success for unexplained reasons.

IOW, you don't know, actually nobody knows, but thankfully we're not dummies. Hopefully not, because both of us had a nearly perfect gpa through five college degrees. Two more of us are coming due next month and we'll give it another try. There's no penalty for a miss, just toss it in the mail. 

IOW, you don't know, actually nobody knows, but thankfully we're not dummies. Hopefully not, because both of us had a nearly perfect gpa through five college degrees.

All that and you can not do what so many others manage without much difficulty. Guess all those grades and degrees missed some things.

IOW, you don't know, actually nobody knows, but thankfully we're not dummies. Hopefully not, because both of us had a nearly perfect gpa through five college degrees.

All that and you can not do what so many others manage without much difficulty. Guess all those grades and degrees missed some things.

56 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Nothing wrong, perfectly accurate, but as I said, will try again next month. 

" will try again next month " !     really,  do you understand,  15 days before or not less than 7 days before the due date       Good luck !   

8 hours ago, thorne said:

" will try again next month " !     really,  do you understand,  15 days before or not less than 7 days before the due date       Good luck !   

Really, can you read? Check out my first post, it was 13 days (for a friend). 

Archived