90 Day Reporting - Online

HullyGully

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be able to use the online 90 reporting until I got a new passport. 100% fail for the last year now.

Many people have a problem.

Maybe in my case it is related to the passport number never having entered the country at a border.

I guess I will get an answer to that hunch when I eventually re-enter the country.

Just a comment on the time scale.

I process a report on line for a friend usually without problems. Been doing it for years.

A couple of weeks ago he told me it was due again on 8th Dec, so I tried to input it, without success. I tried several times over about a week, but it was always rejected. I didn't have his passport, with the slip giving the due date, instead doing it from memory and the printed application page from the previous time. I eventually decided I should check the due date which I obtained from the print page from the previous application. It was actually the 18th Dec! 

I then left it until last night when it went through without a hitch. It's currently pending. The fifteen days is important, it won't process earlier.

What is galling is that I have never been able to get my own report accepted on-line. I know how to operate the system (obviously), but for me (rather my wife) it always involves an Immi visit with various characters throwing various spanners into the works depending on their state of mind at the time.  

Some flames and troll posts have been removed:

Posting Content & General Conduct
7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:42 PM, thorne said:

The online reporting works, as long as your information submitted is correct and within the 15/7 day timescale !!

Always submit online and always approved within hours, as it was last week !

Even IMM officials admit that the online server is quirky and not always reliable.  That is what they admitted to me on a recent phone conversation.  It works more often than not, but it does indeed have problems, and (as they put it), "we're working on it".

5 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:

Even IMM officials admit that the online server is quirky and not always reliable.  That is what they admitted to me on a recent phone conversation.  It works more often than not, but it does indeed have problems, and (as they put it), "we're working on it".

Always amazes me how inward looking some are having spent some years as a professional programmer... clearly it does not always work, but why? One person mentioned that the arrival airline cannot have a space, so maybe try it both ways or leave it blank as he suggested. Now, after some thought about why my friend's online attempt failed, a good possibility is that the arrival date he put in does not match that on record because there was some confusion about that earlier. So, here's a good suggestion we should have done ourselves... if the 1st or 2nd page doesn't advance, just print a PDF file from the browser and take that in to Immigration on your next visit and see how it matches up with their record or if the IO has an idea. I'll be giving mine a try next month and for another friend, so we'll see. If you don't have a PDF print option on your PC I recommend Foxit Reader. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 9:48 AM, Thailand said:

Obviously you are wrong as it now works for many people.

It works for me, but does not work for the wife so we simply mail hers in.

I do check the online for hers each time and maybe it will eventually work for hers also.

Obviously the guy is spot on. Just like everything else in Thailand it's F'd up.

I got the same error message.

Maybe it isn't compatible with Mac computers. Didn't work on my iPhone either.

What a joke!

I guess I have to make another pointless trip to immigration.

Great job guys!!!

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

Obviously the guy is spot on. Just like everything else in Thailand it's F'd up.

What a joke!

Great job guys!!!

I have a Mac. I’ve done the report online 4 times this year without a single problem

16 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

What a joke!

Great job guys!!!

Or simply mail it in, does cost around 21 baht total though.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:20 AM, NotEinstein said:

I used to be able to use the online 90 reporting until I got a new passport. 100% fail for the last year now.

Many people have a problem.

Maybe in my case it is related to the passport number never having entered the country at a border.

I guess I will get an answer to that hunch when I eventually re-enter the country.

Yeah, a new passport apparently tilts the system. So how do you reset the system to work online? I guess going out and back into the country might do it -- but that wouldn't be my choice. Would a mail in do the trick? Or are mail ins also no longer accepted, thus requiring an in person to Immigration?

48 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Yeah, a new passport apparently tilts the system. So how do you reset the system to work online? I guess going out and back into the country might do it -- but that wouldn't be my choice. Would a mail in do the trick? Or are mail ins also no longer accepted, thus requiring an in person to Immigration?

Others mail-in OK, but I doubt a mail-in would change anything, as they surely do what an in-person visit achieves, i.e. just update the last report date.

The first time I reported on the new passport, the officer said that she had updated the passport number. I wonder if the passport expiry date is recorded and needs updating too?

15 hours ago, JimGant said:

If online does not work.Mail in is easy, 21 baht (18 baht registered out, 3 baht s.a.e return) turnaround last time 4 days. No reason at all to go to immigration

• 3 weeks later...

Help me out. I finally got it to work and got an email saying it was approved. But where's the stub to staple into the passport? Does it come later or what? .... NEVER MIND, check status, then click on View to the right, comes right up. 

Nope. Not working for me (IE, Chrome, & Firefox).

I flew into Thailand in August, renewed online for the 1st time in October, but the system's sending me round in circles and I can't get past the details page.

At 'Thailand' and "If online does not work.Mail in is easy, 21 baht (18 baht registered out, 3 baht s.a.e return) turnaround last time 4 days. No reason at all to go to immigration", there's overlapping time here and if you don't mail in at least 15-days before, some of them get uppity with it; they've 'warned' me before.

Besides, having tried 3 days ago, I'm now 8 days away from the expiry date, and they definitely won't buy that. It all depends on where you live and the officers themselves, I guess.

Like all systems it's convenient when it works, but when it doesn't...

4 hours ago, Odisan said:

Nope. Not working for me (IE, Chrome, & Firefox). I flew into Thailand in August, renewed online for the 1st time in October, but the system's sending me round in circles and I can't get past the details page. At 'Thailand' and "If online does not work.Mail in is easy, 21 baht (18 baht registered out, 3 baht s.a.e return) turnaround last time 4 days. No reason at all to go to immigration", there's overlapping time here and if you don't mail in at least 15-days before, some of them get uppity with it; they've 'warned' me before. Besides, having tried 3 days ago, I'm now 8 days away from the expiry date, and they definitely won't buy that. It all depends on where you live and the officers themselves, I guess.Like all systems it's convenient when it works, but when it doesn't...

Hey! I've a friend who's mailed in five days to deadline twice and got the stub back in three. I've mailed in twice at eight days to deadline and it's been back in five. For walk-in, you can go two weeks ahead or one week behind and you're okay, so DON'T sweat, they most likely will buy it. Just mail it in TODAY. What I noticed is that if I put in United States or America for nationality (Instead of American), it would give me the "For further information..." display after 1st page. Watch those drop down lists and make SURE you choose from the list of options. Chrome works fine. Try leaving the airline field blank (not required). Make sure your dates are correct format (the 2nd date field doesn't put the / in, you have to do that). So, try online once more, if no go get to that post office fast, mail EMS. 

I did my first extension (Non-ED) last week, so I have now my date for next 90 days. I know that I have to do it in person first time in order to use the online.

Does it count as the "first time in person" the one "automatically" done while doing the first extension?

Or should I still go in person on April?

5 hours ago, Odisan said:

Nope. Not working for me (IE, Chrome, & Firefox).

I flew into Thailand in August, renewed online for the 1st time in October, but the system's sending me round in circles and I can't get past the details page.

At 'Thailand' and "If online does not work.Mail in is easy, 21 baht (18 baht registered out, 3 baht s.a.e return) turnaround last time 4 days. No reason at all to go to immigration", there's overlapping time here and if you don't mail in at least 15-days before, some of them get uppity with it; they've 'warned' me before.

Besides, having tried 3 days ago, I'm now 8 days away from the expiry date, and they definitely won't buy that. It all depends on where you live and the officers themselves, I guess.

Like all systems it's convenient when it works, but when it doesn't...

If the system was messing you around and you were not getting past the first page then post it.

Send it by post today/tomorrow,it will arrive Monday chances are you will have the receipt of notification by Friday. Been no problems especially recently.

Or go in person or use an agent.

1 hour ago, aremesal said:

I did my first extension (Non-ED) last week, so I have now my date for next 90 days. I know that I have to do it in person first time in order to use the online.

Does it count as the "first time in person" the one "automatically" done while doing the first extension?

Or should I still go in person on April?

Never had one automatically done when extension was done.  Extension does not count as a 90 Day report unless there is some recent change in the immigration system.  90 Day Report timing is based on arrival stamp date or date of previous report as shown on slip stapled into passport.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Never had one automatically done when extension was done.  Extension does not count as a 90 Day report unless there is some recent change in the immigration system.  90 Day Report timing is based on arrival stamp date or date of previous report as shown on slip stapled into passport.

This is from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site on 19 January, 2019... Of course things could have changed.

90 day.pdf

This is from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site on 19 January, 2019... Of course things could have changed.
90 day.pdf
Exactly, that's what I was talking about.

In fact, when I did my first extension (75 days after entering the country) they stamped me to extension (90 days counting from Las day of current permission of stay) AND gave me the paper with the new 90day notification (90 days after the day I applied for)

But what I don't know is if this count as the first "in person" regarding be able to use the online.

1 hour ago, hml367 said:

90 day.pdf

Okay, for the first extension, got it.  Sorry my first extension was 20+ years ago and nobody was doing or cared about 90 day reports then.

1 hour ago, hml367 said:

This is from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site on 19 January, 2019... Of course things could have changed. 90 day.pdf

Whatever the highlighted text seems to say, you have 90 days to report from the last day you entered Thailand, then every 90 days after. According to the rules, your next 90 days is supposed to be from the expiration date of the last deadline, but in practice they always stamp it from the date of the application when received (or accepted). The extension of stay has nothing to do with the next 90 day report. The friend I brought with me in July 2017 did her first extension in June 2018 and it had no affect on the next 90 day deadline. Perhaps the highlight meant that when you get your first visa in Thailand the next 90 day report starts from that point, I dunno. As for online I don't know. I suppose you could try the online 90 day report. Most of us are getting confirmation the same day. If you don't get a response within 2 days why not just go in, or rush over there Monday and ask someone if you can do it online.  Anyway, why not just go in person and make a fun day out of it. All I had when I first came was time, not so anymore, though. NOTE something else. The rules on the websites for mail state "at least 15 days" before expiration, but this one for mailing says: "The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires," which is the same rule for in person. I always figured this was right. Someone was just expressing paranoia about being five days away, but I'm sure no matter what the method, the time period for application is 15 days early or 7 days after (figure received, not mailed), so relax. 

I know the 90day and extension are different. Maybe I should explain it a bit more.

I'm on a Non-ED, entered in Nov 1st. My first extension was due in 3 months because this visa is only for 90 days, so my first extension was before my first 90 days in the country. In fact, for this first time the permission of stay and the expiration of the 90days was exactly the same date.

I extended last week and, as expected and stated in the PDF, I have in my passport the "90 days report receipt" with the next date for reporting: April 14th.

So, as THIS time the date for extension and for 90days report was the same, in the very moment I extended they give me the "receipt of 90days notification".

But I don't know if this counts as "first time in person" or not...

I know from now forwards the date of extension and 90days report will not be the same anymore.

Archived