90 Day Reporting - Online

HullyGully

10 hours ago, aremesal said:

I'm on a Non-ED, entered in Nov 1st. My first extension was due in 3 months because this visa is only for 90 days, so my first extension was before my first 90 days in the country. In fact, for this first time the permission of stay and the expiration of the 90days was exactly the same date.
So, as THIS time the date for extension and for 90days report was the same, in the very moment I extended they give me the "receipt of 90days notification". But I don't know if this counts as "first time in person" or not...I know from now forwards the date of extension and 90days report will not be the same anymore.

So, you're real question is can you do the 90 day report online (or must you go in person your 1st time)? As I said earlier, why not go to Immigration and ask? You likely won't have to stand in a long queue for a simple question. Assuming your date of extension is later than your 90 day report. I suspect you can do it online. Also, why not try online and see if you get confirmation? I'm on annual extension so maybe i can't grasp your point.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, cusanus said:

Whatever the highlighted text seems to say, you have 90 days to report from the last day you entered Thailand, then every 90 days after. According to the rules, your next 90 days is supposed to be from the expiration date of the last deadline, but in practice they always stamp it from the date of the application when received (or accepted). The extension of stay has nothing to do with the next 90 day report. The friend I brought with me in July 2017 did her first extension in June 2018 and it had no affect on the next 90 day deadline. Perhaps the highlight meant that when you get your first visa in Thailand the next 90 day report starts from that point, I dunno. As for online I don't know. I suppose you could try the online 90 day report. Most of us are getting confirmation the same day. If you don't get a response within 2 days why not just go in, or rush over there Monday and ask someone if you can do it online.  Anyway, why not just go in person and make a fun day out of it. All I had when I first came was time, not so anymore, though. NOTE something else. The rules on the websites for mail state "at least 15 days" before expiration, but this one for mailing says: "The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires," which is the same rule for in person. I always figured this was right. Someone was just expressing paranoia about being five days away, but I'm sure no matter what the method, the time period for application is 15 days early or 7 days after (figure received, not mailed), so relax. 

I don't know where you read about the timing for mail-ins.... What the pdf that I attached says for mailing is:  The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner. Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to  
90 DAYS REGISTRATION, IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1 Chalermprakiat Government Complex 120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7, LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210 

I am not sure why it has the Bangkok mailing address because I got the file from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site.

11 hours ago, hml367 said:

I don't know where you read about the timing for mail-ins.... What the pdf that I attached says for mailing is:  I am not sure why it has the Bangkok mailing address because I got the file from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site.

Rather my point wasn't it?  The time frame for walk in has always been two weeks before to two weeks after. Why would it be any different for mailing? Anyway, everybody I know has been mailing as few as five days before the deadline and had no problem. 

I procrastinated over submitting my online application until the last day, before realizing I had miscalculated by a day and so just missed the 14-7 window.  Had I used this excellent little Android app, I wouldn't have made that mistake.  It does all the date calcs for you for postal, online and in-person visits.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bangkokhasyou.ninetydays

• 1 month later...

Yeah, 14 days prior, 7 days after. But rather I'm reporting back on the beating I took back when saying my friend could not report online. A month later, I reported online for myself w/o a problem and also a different friend did the same. Was beginning to think perhaps we really had made an error the first time, but his turn came up again. Turns out he really cannot report online, it won't proceed past the first page and the info is correct. After pondering this more, I'm pretty sure the problem is a mismatch between the arrival card number and the date of the arrival stamp as shown on his slip and what is recorded. For those who are wondering about this, and I'm not the only one I'm sure, it appears that one would have to leave and re enter Thailand for a new stamp, then you could do online. Another possibility is having someone at Immigration edit the records, if you can manage that. So, I probably don't need to spend any more time on this thread, just reporting my experience if it might be helpful.   

I could add that online is awfully easy, assuming you have access to a printer for the stub sent to your email. But if it doesn't work, just toss the papers in a large envelope with the SASE inside and send EMS. I don't bother to have the return EMS. These days you should have your stub back in about 4-5 days. Years ago I much preferred to walk in, a nice day for me, but got used to mail / online. I didn't mean to incite complaints about the system, just help explain it. 

• 1 month later...

Online worked for me on Chrome for mac in less than a couple of minutes 88 days ago. Just tried 4 browsers with and without user-agent changes on mac os and 2 different android devices (phone and tablet) with 3 different browser each and continue getting the 'contact immigration popups' in all scenarios. Now I have a nice folder full of screenshots of every message. Anyone reporting any luck 90 reporting online in the last little while on this extensively long message thread. Come-on thai-visa, I'm hoping you'll spend less-time on giving us sensational news headlines to drive your ad marketing and report on what's working and what not in the LOS?

7 hours ago, mcofer said:

Online worked for me on Chrome for mac in less than a couple of minutes 88 days ago. Just tried 4 browsers with and without user-agent changes on mac os and 2 different android devices (phone and tablet) with 3 different browser each and continue getting the 'contact immigration popups' in all scenarios. 

I strongly suspect that you were not within the 7 days prior window. Maybe best be 8 days before due date or it won't go through. CHECK AND REPORT BACK TO US

8 hours ago, mcofer said:

Online worked for me on Chrome for mac in less than a couple of minutes 88 days ago. Just tried 4 browsers with and without user-agent changes on mac os and 2 different android devices (phone and tablet) with 3 different browser each and continue getting the 'contact immigration popups' in all scenarios.

If you updated 88 days ago and are trying now, it would seem that you are not within the time constraints required to use the online system.  88 days ago would indicate you are only 2 days before the 90, not the 7-15 required.

32 minutes ago, iJustWanttoKnow said:

Have used on-line reporting in the past. Worked great.

Tried to use it this week with Explorer and every other browser. Can't get it to work.

Can anyone tell me if this system is still working? Perhaps provide some guidance?

Thank you.

Just checked as I need to do soon and working, I use Chrome and this link always works  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

1 hour ago, iJustWanttoKnow said:

Have used on-line reporting in the past. Worked great.

Tried to use it this week with Explorer and every other browser. Can't get it to work.

Can anyone tell me if this system is still working? Perhaps provide some guidance?

Thank you.

When you say "Can't get it to work" can you be more specific.

I have just submitted mine using Chrome. The first few attempts I was getting a message in Thai which effectively was freezing the browser until I said "OK" when it dropped back into the Immigration application. No idea what the message was saying as I could not copy it for Google Translate or do anything else with the browser.

Upon closer inspection I noticed that my email address on the application form was reading as "Gmial" and not "Gmail". This incorrect email was used for several previous applications of extension and suggests that a new level of email address checking has been introduced in the last 3 months as this incorrect email address was "offered" by the system as stored data.

I just finished my application, waiting now for approval.  No problem using Firefox, 13 days in advance.  Why so early? Because if it didn't work I still have time to do a mail in.  I found that previously I was attempting online report more than 15 days in advance and would not be accepted.  Last 3 online reports worked with no problem.

25 minutes ago, davehowden said:

When you say "Can't get it to work" can you be more specific. Upon closer inspection I noticed that my email address on the application form was reading as "Gmial" and not "Gmail". This incorrect email was used for several previous applications of extension ...

Expect listing your address as [email protected] would have never worked. But repeating my last post, my last attempt failed while my previous one succeeded, then I noticed that I was on the seven day cusp listed as lead time for online reporting. If submitted a day earlier, my guess is that it would have gone through. And this was also Songkran when a lot of government stuff was closed. And this brings up the broader issue of failure simply because a warm body has to be monitoring the site for it to work.  Moral of story, apply at least 8 days early and if it still isn't working, try again the next morning and maybe later again in the day if that doesn't work. Certainly, it does work if done at the right time.  If all else fails, beat feet to the braisanee... experience shows that three days lead time by mail is usually enough. 

1 minute ago, cusanus said:

Expect listing your address as [email protected] would have never worked. But repeating my last post, my last attempt failed while my previous one succeeded, then I noticed that I was on the seven day cusp listed as lead time for online reporting. If submitted  day earlier, my guess is that it would have gone through. And this was also Songkran when a lot of government stuff was closed. And this brings up the broader issue of failure simply because a warm body has to be monitoring the site for it to work.  Moral of story, apply at least 8 days early and if it still isn't working, try again the next morning and maybe later again in the day if that doesn't work. Certainly, it does work if done at the right time.  

"Expect listing your address as [email protected] would have never worked"

I am sure your correct as you probably know more about what I did than I do !!!

3 minutes ago, davehowden said:

"Expect listing your address as [email protected] would have never worked"

I am sure your correct as you probably know more about what I did than I do !!!

Ok, then, you know a machine would not have have sent your stub to a gmial address, computer code isn't usually programmed that way, so that proves my point, doesn't it? A warm body received it and made the obvious correction. But the last time either the machine had taken over the job or the warm body didn't think to correct your blooper. I'm certainly not discrediting your experience, but it does raise questions does it not? Maybe you can explain it. 

2 minutes ago, Odisan said:

I did my reporting online on Saturday - worked a treat; no issues whatsoever. I have to do it though the provincial website, though, In my case it's this one: https://www.surinimmigration.go.th/. If I try it through the main immigration website, it fails.

Now, that's a truly amazing revelation! Everyone pay attention! If one doesn't work, try the other. More evidence that the process isn't entirely automated.  

USE RED ASTERISKED DATA FIELDS ONLY:

For what it's worth I found out that if I filled in ALL requested data fields, my application failed; I got a message saying to contact Immigration office.  HOWEVER, if I only put data in fields marked with a red asterisk, my application was accepted successfully.

Needless to say, the online system is full of bugs.

7 minutes ago, CangguSurfer said:

USE RED ASTERISKED DATA FIELDS ONLY:

For what it's worth I found out that if I filled in ALL requested data fields, my application failed; I got a message saying to contact Immigration office.  HOWEVER, if I only put data in fields marked with a red asterisk, my application was accepted successfully.

Needless to say, the online system is full of bugs.

Same experience here with asterisked fields.  Like so many things here in Thailand, persistence is key.  It's a beautiful thing NOT having to go into the IMM office for something so petty!

Archived