BANGKOK 23 February 2019 12:32
HullyGully

90 Day Reporting - Online

10 hours ago, aremesal said:

I'm on a Non-ED, entered in Nov 1st. My first extension was due in 3 months because this visa is only for 90 days, so my first extension was before my first 90 days in the country. In fact, for this first time the permission of stay and the expiration of the 90days was exactly the same date.
So, as THIS time the date for extension and for 90days report was the same, in the very moment I extended they give me the "receipt of 90days notification". But I don't know if this counts as "first time in person" or not...I know from now forwards the date of extension and 90days report will not be the same anymore.

So, you're real question is can you do the 90 day report online (or must you go in person your 1st time)? As I said earlier, why not go to Immigration and ask? You likely won't have to stand in a long queue for a simple question. Assuming your date of extension is later than your 90 day report. I suspect you can do it online. Also, why not try online and see if you get confirmation? I'm on annual extension so maybe i can't grasp your point.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, cusanus said:

Whatever the highlighted text seems to say, you have 90 days to report from the last day you entered Thailand, then every 90 days after. According to the rules, your next 90 days is supposed to be from the expiration date of the last deadline, but in practice they always stamp it from the date of the application when received (or accepted). The extension of stay has nothing to do with the next 90 day report. The friend I brought with me in July 2017 did her first extension in June 2018 and it had no affect on the next 90 day deadline. Perhaps the highlight meant that when you get your first visa in Thailand the next 90 day report starts from that point, I dunno. As for online I don't know. I suppose you could try the online 90 day report. Most of us are getting confirmation the same day. If you don't get a response within 2 days why not just go in, or rush over there Monday and ask someone if you can do it online.  Anyway, why not just go in person and make a fun day out of it. All I had when I first came was time, not so anymore, though. NOTE something else. The rules on the websites for mail state "at least 15 days" before expiration, but this one for mailing says: "The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires," which is the same rule for in person. I always figured this was right. Someone was just expressing paranoia about being five days away, but I'm sure no matter what the method, the time period for application is 15 days early or 7 days after (figure received, not mailed), so relax. 

I don't know where you read about the timing for mail-ins.... What the pdf that I attached says for mailing is:  The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner. Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to  
90 DAYS REGISTRATION, IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1 Chalermprakiat Government Complex 120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7, LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210 

I am not sure why it has the Bangkok mailing address because I got the file from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site.

11 hours ago, hml367 said:

I don't know where you read about the timing for mail-ins.... What the pdf that I attached says for mailing is:  I am not sure why it has the Bangkok mailing address because I got the file from the Chiang Mai Immigration web site.

Rather my point wasn't it?  The time frame for walk in has always been two weeks before to two weeks after. Why would it be any different for mailing? Anyway, everybody I know has been mailing as few as five days before the deadline and had no problem. 

Gosh darn it!  How hard would it be just to let us upload the scanned documents?

I procrastinated over submitting my online application until the last day, before realizing I had miscalculated by a day and so just missed the 14-7 window.  Had I used this excellent little Android app, I wouldn't have made that mistake.  It does all the date calcs for you for postal, online and in-person visits.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bangkokhasyou.ninetydays

• Thanks 1