90 day report at Khampaeng Phet

billd766

I did my 90 day report at KPP yesterday and was in and out in 15 minutes.

No request for a TM28 or TM30 asking if you have been away elsewhere in a hotel etc.

They are improving but at about half the rate of a glacier receding.

There still only seems to be 2 people working in the office and the rest, if you see them, just ignore you.

Think they might be picking up. I went the day before to get a re-entry permit and also do my 90 day report, alas no 90 day as I was a tad early, but the re-entry permit only took around 10 min: I was one copy short not a problem they just did that in house. Makes a change as they would have normally sent me next door to get it done.

As you say getting better still a long way to go but a definite improvement.

N/B. I arrived at 12.50pm and they were already open, never been known.

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Think they might be picking up. I went the day before to get a re-entry permit and also do my 90 day report, alas no 90 day as I was a tad early, but the re-entry permit only took around 10 min: I was one copy short not a problem they just did that in house. Makes a change as they would have normally sent me next door to get it done.

As you say getting better still a long way to go but a definite improvement.

N/B. I arrived at 12.50pm and they were already open, never been known.

I got there at 08.25 Wednesday morning and they were not open but it wasn't a problem as I went on to the DLT for the truck to be examined and tax sticker to be issued etc. Back to Immigration who were open by then. Down to Robinsons who don't open before 10 am (and were closed), over to Makro to look for a sausage stuffer (mai mee0 and onto BigC for a bulk shop.

Down to the DLT and pick up my tax etc that was waiting for me.

Back to Robinson upstairs to look for butchers twine (duh?) and sausage stuffers, mai mee again. IMHO Robinsons are not worth bothering with. Went to the KFC there and 2 people in front of me. After waiting 5 minutes only one had been served (fast food eh) so I went back to BigC and got a KFC there in 2 minutes.

Back to Makro for the other bulk shop and back home.

Easy day.

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I got there at 08.25 Wednesday morning and they were not open but it wasn't a problem as I went on to the DLT for the truck to be examined and tax sticker to be issued etc. Back to Immigration who were open by then. Down to Robinsons who don't open before 10 am (and were closed), over to Makro to look for a sausage stuffer (mai mee0 and onto BigC for a bulk shop.

Down to the DLT and pick up my tax etc that was waiting for me.

Back to Robinson upstairs to look for butchers twine (duh?) and sausage stuffers, mai mee again. IMHO Robinsons are not worth bothering with. Went to the KFC there and 2 people in front of me. After waiting 5 minutes only one had been served (fast food eh) so I went back to BigC and got a KFC there in 2 minutes.

Back to Makro for the other bulk shop and back home.

Easy day.

Bill. Regarding sausage stuffer have you asked Mike where he got his from. I do know he make his own Dogs.

Have to agree with you that R/Lobinsons is total rubbish. I only go in there to get fresh bread, at least I don't have to make it myself anymore. Anyone interested in a bread maker?

Whatever looks like you had a good time. Must show you where to eat well when your about next time. KFC indeed. Don't know if you've seen the UK news but KFC has closed most of it's shops, seems that they have run out of Chicken.

Bill. Regarding sausage stuffer have you asked Mike where he got his from. I do know he make his own Dogs.

Have to agree with you that R/Lobinsons is total rubbish. I only go in there to get fresh bread, at least I don't have to make it myself anymore. Anyone interested in a bread maker?

Whatever looks like you had a good time. Must show you where to eat well when your about next time. KFC indeed. Don't know if you've seen the UK news but KFC has closed most of it's shops, seems that they have run out of Chicken.

I haven't spoken to Mike but I have been looking on the internet and found a couple of interesting sites.

KFC is quick and easy as an improvement on the market chicken. It is usually once a month.

The problem in the UK was down to a new contract for fresh daily deliveries and the contractor fauked to meet the deadlines.

How much do you want for your breadmaker? I don't need one but I think my mate may be interested.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

I haven't spoken to Mike but I have been looking on the internet and found a couple of interesting sites.

KFC is quick and easy as an improvement on the market chicken. It is usually once a month.

The problem in the UK was down to a new contract for fresh daily deliveries and the contractor fauked to meet the deadlines.

How much do you want for your breadmaker? I don't need one but I think my mate may be interested.

Going to Oasis tonight I'll ask Mike where he got his from.

KFC isn't quick in R/Lobinsons. I had Duck with rice + soup yesterday for 40bt yes I know pushing the boat out but one has to do it at times.

I paid a short 8th bt for my bread maker have made less than 10 loaves. Make me and offer.

Going to Oasis tonight I'll ask Mike where he got his from.

KFC isn't quick in R/Lobinsons. I had Duck with rice + soup yesterday for 40bt yes I know pushing the boat out but one has to do it at times.

I paid a short 8th bt for my bread maker have made less than 10 loaves. Make me and offer.

I just called my mate and he was doing bread the way I do it but seems to have lost interest. I asked him if he was interested in a breadmaker but has given up on breadmaking and probably eats that wonderful bread available at 7/11.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, billd766 said:

I just called my mate and he was doing bread the way I do it but seems to have lost interest. I asked him if he was interested in a breadmaker but has given up on breadmaking and probably eats that wonderful bread available at 7/11.

Sorry a bit late Bill but update on Sausage stuffer. Mike obtained his from Lazada All stainless steel. Sorry forgot to ask how much.

17 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry a bit late Bill but update on Sausage stuffer. Mike obtained his from Lazada All stainless steel. Sorry forgot to ask how much.

No problem Fred.

I was in BigC on Monday and though I was in the right aisle I couldn't find the string. I asked a girl who looked a bit confused but she got out her mobile, went to Google speak and told me to speak into it. That worked, so she did a Google translate and showed me where the string was, (where I was but couldn't see it).

Ain't the internet wonderful?

46 minutes ago, claynlr said:

Bill- Is this where the office is?...From Google Maps but it looks like it's across from Hwy. 1116?

Capture.PNG.606ead02caa0a8132613c9b0bd04b939.PNG

I'll answer for Bill as I was about to put in a post anyway. Yes if you travel down the 101 just before the Bus station you turn in left go to the bottom turn right then right again and it's on the right. Your map shows it at the first right turn but it's a right turn after that.

Right my post. They have put up loads of festive lights on the 101 somewhat resembles Christmas festivities in The UK. All down I have been informed by the G/L that its to do with the 10 day K.P.Phet noodle festival that's being held next to the ping river.

Bugger all for Christmas but a Noodle festival they put lights up. Priorities I suppose food first.  

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

No problem Fred.

I was in BigC on Monday and though I was in the right aisle I couldn't find the string. I asked a girl who looked a bit confused but she got out her mobile, went to Google speak and told me to speak into it. That worked, so she did a Google translate and showed me where the string was, (where I was but couldn't see it).

Ain't the internet wonderful?

I did tell you were it was in the envelope packing isle. You are starting to worry me Bill. Should have gone to Specksavers.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

I did tell you were it was in the envelope packing isle. You are starting to worry me Bill. Should have gone to Specksavers.

I am still trying to find a white stick and a guide dog smart enough to drive the truck.

I needed one yesterday driving the kids to school as the mist or ground fog cut the visibility down less than 100 metres in places. I haven't seen that up here in years on the roads, in the trees on the hills certainly and once up at Chong Yen in the Mae Wong national park but that is just over 1,000 metres above sea level.

It get bloody cold up there in the winter.

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am still trying to find a white stick and a guide dog smart enough to drive the truck.

I needed one yesterday driving the kids to school as the mist or ground fog cut the visibility down less than 100 metres in places. I haven't seen that up here in years on the roads, in the trees on the hills certainly and once up at Chong Yen in the Mae Wong national park but that is just over 1,000 metres above sea level.

It get bloody cold up there in the winter.

I did my 90 day this morning, Had tried to do it last week when I obtained my re-entry permit but was to early. Had to fill out a new form as the old one had old date on it. Having done so the whole proses took less than 2 Min:. Thank you K.P.Phet visa office you have gone up I'm my estimation.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, fredob43 said:

I'll answer for Bill as I was about to put in a post anyway. Yes if you travel down the 101 just before the Bus station you turn in left go to the bottom turn right then right again and it's on the right. Your map shows it at the first right turn but it's a right turn after that.

Right my post. They have put up loads of festive lights on the 101 somewhat resembles Christmas festivities in The UK. All down I have been informed by the G/L that its to do with the 10 day K.P.Phet noodle festival that's being held next to the ping river.

Bugger all for Christmas but a Noodle festival they put lights up. Priorities I suppose food first.  

Update on Noodle festival. The G/L got it wrong it's not there yet but we do have a very large OTOP market that is as normal by the Amper. Haven't been but the G/L said she/we will go over the weekend.

21 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Update on Noodle festival. The G/L got it wrong it's not there yet but we do have a very large OTOP market that is as normal by the Amper. Haven't been but the G/L said she/we will go over the weekend.

So that is what is causing the problems at the roundabout.

I do mine by mail at NS.  Milne was due on the 7th of January and the EMS showed that they had received it.  On 5 February I called them and they told me that they had sent out the new one on 10 January but I still had not received it by last Thursday so I drove the 110 kilometers to NS to get a copy and do a Makro run.  I arrived at about 1130 and the parking lot was jammed and people were lined up outside the door.  I barged in and avoided the front desk and sat down in the office of the lady that does the renewals.  I had my cane and exaggerated my inability to walk.   She was frantically stamping paperwork.  I explained the problem and she printed out a new one.  I asked about the "mob" and she said all of the migrant workers had a deadline of 1 March to update their permission to stay.  Took about 10 minutes but now I can mail my next report in.  Cost me gas and about 7000 baht at Makro.

29 minutes ago, wayned said:

I do mine by mail at NS.  Milne was due on the 7th of January and the EMS showed that they had received it.  On 5 February I called them and they told me that they had sent out the new one on 10 January but I still had not received it by last Thursday so I drove the 110 kilometers to NS to get a copy and do a Makro run.  I arrived at about 1130 and the parking lot was jammed and people were lined up outside the door.  I barged in and avoided the front desk and sat down in the office of the lady that does the renewals.  I had my cane and exaggerated my inability to walk.   She was frantically stamping paperwork.  I explained the problem and she printed out a new one.  I asked about the "mob" and she said all of the migrant workers had a deadline of 1 March to update their permission to stay.  Took about 10 minutes but now I can mail my next report in.  Cost me gas and about 7000 baht at Makro.

Unusual for NS Immigration though I haven't been there for a year now.

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Unusual for NS Immigration though I haven't been there for a year now.

I suspect that the majority of the migrants renewing their extensions are the road demolition crew that are getting ready to dig potholes in the road and bypass for Fred's trip to the airport on the 25th of April!

39 minutes ago, wayned said:

I suspect that the majority of the migrants renewing their extensions are the road demolition crew that are getting ready to dig potholes in the road and bypass for Fred's trip to the airport on the 25th of April!

That's right Wayne cheer me up. Don't want to go back but needs make it the only option. Will be having to sort out my late Mums estate + several other bit's like seeing my Daughters new addition. At least I shall be in a Taxi so my Tanks suspension wont be suffering all those Pot holes.

Only hope that the snow has cleared by then. But doesn't look to promising though. 

Archived