Japanese Begpackers: The virus is spreading as Asians get in on the act

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’re obviously not poor. They are just some young people who have decided to make their travel experience more interesting/unique by trying to do it without any money. 

Its really not much different than people who used to hitchhike across Europe back in the 60s.

Why so much bitterness towards them?

1 minute ago, dg1980 said:

They’re obviously not poor. They are just some young people who have decided to make their travel experience more interesting/unique by trying to do it without any money. 

Its really not much different than people who used to hitchhike across Europe back in the 60s.

Why so much bitterness towards them?

It's the "Graham Briar" (RIP) argument ....

Cardboard begging in Carmel California results in these scammer making $70k a year.......local papers did a news story on these dirt bags and I ha e to hand it to them.....they dress way down, carry a puppy with them, make the dog look like crap and the Pebble Beach and Carmel millionaires load them up with cash each day......there is more to it than meets the eye.....

I don't see the problem.  Hitchhiking is common in most countries.  In Thailand in the national parks it's completely normal to hitchhike and most pick-ups offer lifts if they see somebody walking.  Even outside the national parks when I've found myself stuck at a pier or something with no public transport in sight, I've started walking and within a few minutes been offered a lift, usually for free.  When I see somebody walking and I'm driving I do the same.

Hitchhiking isn't the same as begging on the street.

A storm in a tea cup. 

Honestly, I have more respect for these guys making their way around Asia on their own initiative than those who come here on mommy's and daddy's credit cards. The latter tourists tend to be obnoxious, self-righteous and down right boring. 

Pretty low life to be calling them names i think. 

You fail to see that they are gaining a ground floor knowledge of Thai culture. And really no different than bar girls basically begging in a darkened bar. Just laugh it off and stop playing, "I and so superior". You are not. While most of the people in Thailand are wonderful and generous people unlike yourself, snobs who hurt the reputation of Thailand with those who will one day be world leaders. Being kind and generous, never is a bad trait

37 minutes ago, robertthesculptor said:

Pretty low life to be calling them names i think. 

You fail to see that they are gaining a ground floor knowledge of Thai culture. And really no different than bar girls basically begging in a darkened bar. Just laugh it off and stop playing, "I and so superior". You are not. While most of the people in Thailand are wonderful and generous people unlike yourself, snobs who hurt the reputation of Thailand with those who will one day be world leaders. Being kind and generous, never is a bad trait

well said but it will never stop them I'm afraid as Thailand is a hub of barstool bitterness pickled in thwarted lives that finds offence at every turn....That is what they do.

10 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

I can think of an easy way for them to earn some money from some farang customers.

If they were japanese student girls we wouldn't be nit-picking their MO...no siree more like drooling over our keyboards and offering numerous ways in which to 'help' no doubt.

Image result for japanese students hitchhiking

19 hours ago, danea83 said:

At least they didn’t freeze half to death like 3 Japanese backpackers in Russia this week. Sleeping in a tent at -39C always a lovely idea.

straight to the Darwin awards for this one, please don't let them breed

55 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

well said but it will never stop them I'm afraid as Thailand is a hub of barstool bitterness pickled in thwarted lives that finds offence at every turn....That is what they do.

and yet here we all are.....lol

We let them immigrate in our countries ,they dont work /have nothing.....and give them our

social welfair -money ........so why these negativ responses. Your own country does is a thousand times more than in Thailand.

In your country it is normal ,but in Thailand it is not???

Think Back when you were young say 18 to 20 some 45 years ago did you not want to do the same in the hippy rage woodstock rage 

back packers will be around for  many years to come either from asia or as people say low class europeans 

well many back packers have a very good education just want to get away from the rat race  for a while 

Realy what is wrong with that and if u give them some food money what ever then is up to you 

But i guess many here that talk crap on the site are old and only drink beer all day and have there thaughts had i done this had i done that 

but realy sit on ther ass all day complaining .

Anyone with a small budjet that travels see things good luck to them better than being a crimenal .

Finally the Japanese are catching up!  They caught up in electronics and autos way back in the 70's.  Now they are catching up on other important matters like having lots of unemployed millennials to figure out what to do with?  Oh!  Let's send them to do some eco-tourism and learn about the world like most of Europe and the USA have been doing since the 90's.  LOL.  ROFL.

On 23.2.2018 at 7:52 AM, sanemax said:

Go home , work all your life , save your money and then come to live in Thailand and give all your money to a woman , then start begging again

well a very real and widespread scenario...a virus indeed...despite the information widely available....against the " but she is different " thinking no cure till now..so beware old man..better hitchike around and see a bit of the world while u can ....enjoy it...and don't marry a hooker just because she whisper "pom rak khun" in your ears after u passed her a hundret dollar bill....

Archived