Japanese Begpackers: The virus is spreading as Asians get in on the act

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Xaos said:

Im watching now Around the World in 80 Days on Canal+. Its 2 french guys going round the world without penny. Just begging.

Was Thailand episode.

So why we even surprised about japs?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

because its Asian :sleep: . Maybe some people here doesn;t understand the japanese culture about parents trying to make their kids more indepedent at the young age, but i agree these kids doesn't look very Japanese..more like Taiwanese or Korean

Just read the first page of comments and humbly disagree. These are Japanese college kids, trying to have a blast. My friends and I did travel all over Europe at that age, on a very tight budget. maybe $5/day. We hitched free rides, picked berries, slept in tents and made lots of acquaintances.... All without cell phones, mind you. After the holidays were over we went back to school.  

I think these guys doing the same and get to know the continent they live in. Kudos to them!

I would interpret the signs saying "Chachengsao" and "No Money" more as to make sure nobody stops to give them a ride, who expects to be paid... than plain begging. Would not necessarily compare these two with the likes of street beggars.  

assume they had just entered the kingdom, one of

them wearing a "cambodia" t-shirt.

the "no money" sign was also written in khmer.

begging in cambodia?  sad.  bigly sad.

according to the article the two beggars were trying

to get from aranyaprathet to bangkok. 

train fare from arayaprathet to bangkok is 48 baht

3rd class.

the police bought them tickets on public VANS....

so they would arrive safely!

On 2018-02-24 at 10:09 AM, Enoon said:

I wonder why they're holding a sign saying "Chachoengsao"?

I know, I'll look at the linked article:

"We found out that they were Japanese university students who wanted to travel to Bangkok, so they made signs in order to hitchhike and save money."

"While we only know that they were explicitly asking for a free ride, we are not sure that they were collecting cash donations."

Which is a bit different from: "hanging around by a roadside with signs" as "Begpackers".

People on TVF arę to stupid to understand this. They rather start mocking others to make their pathetic life feel a bit better. 

On 2/23/2018 at 1:49 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Go home, get a job, and come back when you have some money of your own.

I guess they probably have much more money than most people think. It has more to do with adventure. Maybe a game like "let's see how far we can get with x amount of money". On the other hand, other then putting themselves at risk they haven't hurt anyone.

On 2/25/2018 at 5:33 AM, NonthaburiBear said:

because its Asian :sleep: . Maybe some people here doesn;t understand the japanese culture about parents trying to make their kids more indepedent at the young age, but i agree these kids doesn't look very Japanese..more like Taiwanese or Korean

Very interesting video! I'm not too sure I would let my daughters cross the road or travelling on public transportation on their own here in Bangkok or or anywhere else. Although, I see the point and appreciate the reasons behind it I would be too f***ing scared!

On 23/02/2018 at 1:48 PM, Just1Voice said:

Sheesh!  I thought it was only the low class Europeans and Americans doing it, but now the Asians are getting in on the act.  

:shock1: 

Don't worry,  as soon as some of them start to go missing,  get murdered or beaten half to death on a video,  then imprisoned for starting the fight,  this will all end.

Unfortunately this is the inevitable outcome for some naiive copycats at some stage.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:53 PM, DrTuner said:

I thought Japanese would commit seppuku before lowering to begging. Yet another nation going down the drain with the attack of hipster millenials?

Get a haircut and get a real job.

thats why they come all the way to thailand to do this

Archived