Abbot, three subordinate monks in Phichit arrested for drug abuse

rooster59

Abbot, three subordinate monks in Phichit arrested for drug abuse

By The Nation

The abbot and three monks of a temple in Phichit's Dong Charoen district were arrested and defrocked after they tested positive to drug abuse Friday morning.

Officials led by Dong Charoen district chief Hattapol Mek-arpha to search the Khok Sanan temple in Moo 10 village in Tambon Wang Ngiew and made the arrest.

The search was carried out after the district chief received complaints from local residents that many monks at the temple were suspected abusing methamphetamine.

The abbot, Phra Yongyut Saeri, 62, and Phra Somboon Hansongkram, 19, Phra Phakkapol Termpaibool, 54 and Phra Thossapol Thapkong, 39, were taken to be defrocked by the district monastic chief.

They were charged with abusing meth.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339539

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-24

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

I understand them. Wouldn´t be able to do that work and live like that without drugs too.

What is the difficulty collecting alms and money without being stoned? And what "work" are you referring to? I don't think reports about 'High Times' at the temple are news anymore.

I expect they will have their smart phones and notepads and other appliances confiscated along with their temple credit cards and expense accounts and personal airline booking authorities. Maybe they will even be banned from riding around in the temple deluxe pickup trucks. Stupid old farts.

Archived