Jomtien Immigration office new TM7 form

johng

A heads up to anyone  using  form TM7    for extension of stay

Jomtien has a "new" form and won't except the "old" one.

Bit of a pain because you have to hand write the info x2 whereas the old one could be filled in on computer

just changing a couple of things every year. :sad:

5a90d1721f38f_newTM7jomtienfront2.thumb.jpg.4849ed00d1f3eda3d2c4f39344120572.jpg5a90d0510c4a0_newTM7jomtienback2.thumb.jpg.32490b29ad6baff9e199d7d670a8bdd1.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, johng said:

Yes not so new....but it caught me out and I'll guess quite a few others...I hate filling in forms..my handwriting is atrocious,make mistakes under pressure
It just makes an already stressful event even more so.

Stressful???? going to the dentist is stressful you can(need) prepare all the document's in your home and go to the immigration 

20 minutes ago, Henricus said:

Stressful????

Yes I find it stressful..I have to go to Immigration much more often than go to the dentist !

I did prepare all my documents at home...but upon submitting them was told that form TM7 was old and to  go get 2 x new versions from the front counter  fill both in by hand ( yeah I know big deal )

Also to add to the stress was the fact that this year they didn't need a "witness"  so the photos I had prepared where not acceptable either.

Any way I hope the heads up allows  others  to blissfully  prepare their TM7 application at home.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Yes not so new....but it caught me out and I'll guess quite a few others...I hate filling in forms..my handwriting is atrocious,make mistakes under pressure

It would probably be less stressful if you took the time to check on the latest information, requirements and forms here at TV and be prepared before going in to the immigrations office.

If there's one thing TV excels at it is providing the latest information, forms, etc for such routine tasks as extensions of stay, especially at the the major immigrations offices in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya, but also at the sometimes quirky smaller offices.

10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Strange statement.

whats strange about it ?

90 day reports, "letter of residence"  to buy/sell vehicle or open bank account etc 

yearly extension "go back to get the verdict"  maybe re entry permit.

I go to immigration much more than I go to the dentist....  an answer to post #5

Just now, maximillian said:

Strange statement.

Many people living in Thailand go to their immigration office every 90 days...

IMHO only retired people who leave near their Immigration Office and have nothing to do of their time...

All others use the Internet - or even postal mail - for their 90-Days reporting. :smile:

4 hours ago, johng said:

@ubonjoe   informs me the form is not so new 

link to fillable PDF  :smile:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=436894

Useful update thanks.  You mentioned having to hand write 2 copies in the OP, can I ask what sort of extension you applied for, I have only ever been asked for 1 when doing my annual retirement extension.

Strange, I go to Immigration once a year for extension, re-entry permit, and, if the timing is right, my 90 day.   Otherwise, 90 day by mail or internet although when I did my last 90 day on the internet, except for the barcode acknowledging receipt, I never did receive anything from them to print out or telling me when my next report was due. The officer printed me out the usual due date form with no problems while getting my extension.  Filled out my extension form on the computer and didn't notice anything different with everything completed about ten days ago.

Never had to go there to open a bank account either.

One day a year does not seem such a burden for the privilege of staying here.

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Married to my lovely wife...they have to send a copy to BKK for  approval  whereas (AFAIK)

they can approve retirement extensions themselves.

Thanks, I guessed as much, used to do it that way myself.

johng 

The  form TM7  you put on your post is that the new form or the old form ??? ....because it looks identical to the one I've used for the past 10 yrs ?

or is it they will not accept pre filled and printed off forms just hand written one now????

2 hours ago, johng said:

Married to my lovely wife...they have to send a copy to BKK for  approval  whereas (AFAIK)

they can approve retirement extensions themselves.

And you say you did not require a witness for a marriage extension at Jom Thien i went there on the 13th Feb and a witness was required and interviewed, plus the usual photos, exactly as in the last three previous extensions!

3 hours ago, snooky said:

Strange, I go to Immigration once a year for extension, re-entry permit, and, if the timing is right, my 90 day.   Otherwise, 90 day by mail or internet although when I did my last 90 day on the internet, except for the barcode acknowledging receipt, I never did receive anything from them to print out or telling me when my next report was due. The officer printed me out the usual due date form with no problems while getting my extension.  Filled out my extension form on the computer and didn't notice anything different with everything completed about ten days ago.

Never had to go there to open a bank account either.

One day a year does not seem such a burden for the privilege of staying here.

Udon Immigration, brilliant, I live nearish so just pop in 1 officer at a desk near the door.  he clips out the staple removes the old form I sign the new yellow form only he staples that in the passport, and out in 30 seconds with my next date to report.  end.

9 hours ago, johng said:
9 hours ago, johng said:

Bit of a pain because you have to hand write the info x2 whereas the old one could be filled in on computer

just changing a couple of things every year.

The form is not a lot different to the one I have been using for ten or more years.Where does it indicate it has to be completed by hand? Typed characters are far more easy to read than hand written ones.

And you say you did not require a witness for a marriage extension at Jom Thien i went there on the 13th Feb and a witness was required and interviewed, plus the usual photos, exactly as in the last three previous extensions!

No witness because I had let my previous extension lapse so now have to "start again" no witness wanted !

The actual information requested in both forms is exactly the same just the layout slightly changed.
I wrote by hand as didn't know that the "new" filable PDF was available for download here and didn't want to go home to research the new form /print maybe not find it.

johng 
The  form TM7  you put on your post is that the new form or the old form ??? ....because it looks identical to the one I've used for the past 10 yrs ?
or is it they will not accept pre filled and printed off forms just hand written one now????

The one I posted is the "new one" its certainly not identical in layout but is in actual information content.
I'm pretty sure they will except pre filled forms of the "new" variety...some places (not Jomtien) may except the old forms too !

1 hour ago, curtklay said:

I don't see anything different in layout on the form you posted. It's identical to the one I have previously used.

Seems to me that it has been adapted to better fit on a standard A4 page. If I remember well, several of the dates had their last field (year) reported on the beginning of the following line. No more. :smile:

18 hours ago, johng said:

Well at least this post may prompt people to bring a pen with them!

I have had people ask to borrow a pen quite a few times and it amazes me they came without one... did they think they were going to the beach!  :smile:

Archived