Jomtien Immigration office new TM7 form

johng

16 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

It would probably be less stressful if you took the time to check on the latest information, requirements and forms here at TV and be prepared before going in to the immigrations office.

If there's one thing TV excels at it is providing the latest information, forms, etc for such routine tasks as extensions of stay, especially at the the major immigrations offices in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya, but also at the sometimes quirky smaller offices.

Maybe so, but I cannot find answers to such questions, as in: if condo management in one place has to report my arrival, as do hotels, why to I have to report? And: if I have an absentee landlord (Australia) in another place how does he hand in a TM30 within 24 hours of my arrival? And what do I do when he's a no-show. I've seen "maybe this, or try that" but nothing definite.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have had people ask to borrow a pen quite a few times and it amazes me they came without one ...

Probably the same people they complain everything is less complicated at their home country :-)

17 hours ago, Henricus said:

Stressful???? going to the dentist is stressful you can(need) prepare all the document's in your home and go to the immigration 

last time i went they said next time you come no form to be filled out if your still at  the same address as they said we have it all on computer. im sure it changes weekly depending who you speak to there.:sad:

18 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

It would probably be less stressful if you took the time to check on the latest information, requirements and forms here at TV

Well yes... I already spend maybe too much time reading TV and especially the Pattaya subforum

but don't recall any mention of this "new" (ish)  TM7 form hence the reason I started this thread to inform others about it.

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Maybe so, but I cannot find answers to such questions, as in: if condo management in one place has to report my arrival, as do hotels, why to I have to report? And: if I have an absentee landlord (Australia) in another place how does he hand in a TM30 within 24 hours of my arrival? And what do I do when he's a no-show. I've seen "maybe this, or try that" but nothing definite.

If a condo or hotel has reported you as staying there, then for as long as you stay there you don't have to report...the trouble is knowing if they really did report you staying there or not.

For the Australian landlord he/she should be able to use the same "online"  report system that condo /hotels do ( when it works or by FAX or email when its down)  but its a big but 

to register in immigration's system means  they can no longer

"fly under the radar"

for example  your landlord isn't supposed rent out on a daily basis as that would require a

"Hotel License"

so if the landlord can't /won't report you then you'll have to do it yourself.

or risk a fine.

And if staying longer than 90 days in the Kingdom

5a9220088b3e8_90dayreport.jpg.f753ad64c098f07dd73076421a4276a2.jpg

12 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Seems to me that it has been adapted to better fit on a standard A4 page. If I remember well, several of the dates had their last field (year) reported on the beginning of the following line. No more. :smile:

Works much better than the old ones, your font size changes automatically as you fill it in so that all your details will fit the fields.  Thought my address was far too long but as I continued to type it just shrank to fit.

@johng Thanks

I extended my tourist permission to stay in the third week of Feb using the old TM 7 form. No issues with the form.

I have now saved the new form and the next time I have to do an extension, I will take both, fully completed, and let them choose!

I wonder if this could be a desk issue as well. Tourist extensions are dealt with at the first counter on the right. Not sure where marriage extensions are dealt with. If so, it is good to see Immigration is keeping the inconsistency consistent by having different rules at different desks of the same office.

Be prepared for the unexpected.

23 hours ago, johng said:

@ubonjoe   informs me the form is not so new 

link to fillable PDF  :smile:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=436894

Did you have to go make additional copies? I was asked for a different and additional copy of my visa, permission and tm 7 to be done a certain way. Plus a different officer said I had to go out and make a copy of their receipt for the Housemaster form. Separately 2 people told me to make a copy of something.

8 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Did you have to go make additional copies?

Nope they wanted  2 hand written  "originals" of TM7 from me.

9 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Separately 2 people told me to make a copy of something.

Yes they do that...as frustrating as it is,try to smile and give them what they want.

I'm always reminded of the quote from  the film Universal Soldier

Now I'm gonna teach you the chain of command, private! When I say: "Jump",

you say: "How high?"

8 hours ago, johng said:

Yes they do that...as frustrating as it is,try to smile and give them what they want.

That is a change then - last year I took the original TM7 but no copy of it at all!

The only photocopies I took were:

Passport photo page

Visa page (SETV)                                                        * on same sheet

Entry Stamp showing permission to stay date    * on same sheet

Departure Card (TM6)

Printout from hotel showing all payments, arrival & departure dates and TM6 number

15 hours ago, VBF said:

That is a change then - last year I took the original TM7 but no copy of it at all!

The only photocopies I took were:

Passport photo page

Visa page (SETV)                                                        * on same sheet

Entry Stamp showing permission to stay date    * on same sheet

Departure Card (TM6)

Printout from hotel showing all payments, arrival & departure dates and TM6 number

As I said , when I went in January they gave me a receipt for the House Master form filled out by my hotel. They then wanted me to make a copy of it. Plus they wanted a specially laid out copy of the tm 6, visa, permission to stay. I had already given them signed copies of all that. What worked the previous 4 times or so no longer was enough.

The additional frustrating thing is that you can't do these copies in advance. I was quiet as I did all this and stood in 3 lines. They had told me I could only apply the day before my 60 day expired. So it was my only shot.

It also happened to rain and flood that day. I wasn't sure the two Baht Buses I had to take were still running as the water was door high on cars. My umbrella broke, I cut my hand trying to use it and the immigration lady asked my why my paperwork was red. But I was a good little soldier. Don't we come to Thailand for the adventure? I am looking forward to the new requirements next time.

Do you know if it is OK to use the TM7 form printed on 8 1/2 x 11 paper that we use in my country? So I can fill out the form here.

22 minutes ago, elgenon said:

As I said , when I went in January they gave me a receipt for the House Master form filled out by my hotel. They then wanted me to make a copy of it. Plus they wanted a specially laid out copy of the tm 6, visa, permission to stay. I had already given them signed copies of all that. What worked the previous 4 times or so no longer was enough.

The additional frustrating thing is that you can't do these copies in advance. I was quiet as I did all this and stood in 3 lines. They had told me I could only apply the day before my 60 day expired. So it was my only shot.

It also happened to rain and flood that day. I wasn't sure the two Baht Buses I had to take were still running as the water was door high on cars. My umbrella broke, I cut my hand trying to use it and the immigration lady asked my why my paperwork was red. But I was a good little soldier. Don't we come to Thailand for the adventure? I am looking forward to the new requirements next time.

I quite believe what you say, so not arguing for the sake of it but my friend went to Jomtien for his 30-day SETV extension just last week (Feb 21) which was 10 days before his permission to stay expired and got it.  

Go figure! :sad:

I need to do an extension to my SETV by 29th March, so can anyone else please corroborate whether one can do them a week to 10 days earlier as has always been the case or were you @elgenon  just unlucky?  Importantly, were you applying to extend an SETV or something else? It has been mentioned here that they have different rules for different extensions and I'm personally only interested in the extra 30 days to my SETV

@ubonjoe do you have any input on this?

22 hours ago, elgenon said:

8 1/2 x 11 paper

ermm I think they would notice the difference  !

A4 size paper. The standard size of typing paper adopted by the International Standards Organization. It measures 210 mm wide and 297 mm long (about 8 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches). It is used in most countries of the world, except the US and some neighboring countries where letter-size paper (8 1/2 x 11 inch) is used.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, Pattaya46 said:

IMHO only retired people who leave near their Immigration Office and have nothing to do of their time...

All others use the Internet - or even postal mail - for their 90-Days reporting. :smile:

You'd be wrong there. I always have better things to do than go to immigration, but I always report in person every 90 days for my wife and I. The 2nd part is correct - I live close to the office.  

I'm just one example, but I'll bet I'm not the only one that has better things to do that still reports in person.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:54 AM, VBF said:

I quite believe what you say, so not arguing for the sake of it but my friend went to Jomtien for his 30-day SETV extension just last week (Feb 21) which was 10 days before his permission to stay expired and got it.  

Go figure! :sad:

I need to do an extension to my SETV by 29th March, so can anyone else please corroborate whether one can do them a week to 10 days earlier as has always been the case or were you @elgenon  just unlucky?  Importantly, were you applying to extend an SETV or something else? It has been mentioned here that they have different rules for different extensions and I'm personally only interested in the extra 30 days to my SETV

@ubonjoe do you have any input on this?

METV- UJ said the timing is dependent upon how busy the office is for one thing. That's why I said it is variable.

In the old days I did it months before. More recently two weeks in advance. So I changed my travel plans to stay in Patts to get it done this time. 

ermm I think they would notice the difference  !

A4 size paper. The standard size of typing paper adopted by the International Standards Organization. It measures 210 mm wide and 297 mm long (about 8 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches). It is used in most countries of the world, except the US and some neighboring countries where letter-size paper (8 1/2 x 11 inch) is used.

Point taken. I knew they would notice, I was wondering if it is OK. To be safe I will have my friend at BoT make copies for me and give them to me when I arrive. I guess they would have folders the odd size paper wouldn't fit into. I do accept cultural differences. For the most part at least. 555

• 2 weeks later...

I recovered, the immigration service HUA HIN, Form TM7.
Apart from adding a subdistrict - district - province, the exception for the disabled and having "forgotten" 1900 baht, nothing frightening compared to that of last year.
By the way, I photocopy my completed forms, except the date and the signature I put at the last moment.
I use it years in years.
Good night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2018 at 12:25 AM, elgenon said:

METV- UJ said the timing is dependent upon how busy the office is for one thing. That's why I said it is variable.

In the old days I did it months before. More recently two weeks in advance. So I changed my travel plans to stay in Patts to get it done this time. 

Just FYI.....got to Jomtien VERY early on 21st March to extend SETV for 30 days. Original permission to stay expired 29th March so i was applying  8 days early

When office opened, I got ticket no 1 and was out with my extension by 08:50 at which time it was starting to get busy.

Oh, and getting back on topic, I used a TM7 that I downloaded and printed (double-sided) in October 2017 and a TM30 that my mate collected from Jomtien a couple of weeks ago. 

On 2/24/2018 at 2:50 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Strange statement.

Many people living in Thailand go to their Immigration office only once a year...

Even on Retirement visa 90 day check ins are standard.  The computerized system doesn't work.  Who only gets to go once per year?

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

Even on Retirement visa 90 day check ins are standard.  The computerized system doesn't work.  Who only gets to go once per year?

Not many, but one example is a friend of mine who lives in Thailand but travels frequently (December to UK, Songkran to another part of Asia and June/July to UK)  His annual retirement extension and visit to Immigration is late September so the clock starts again, apparently.  He never spends 90 days in Thailand so never has to do a report

Just now, VBF said:

Not many, but one example is a friend of mine who lives in Thailand but travels frequently (December to UK, Songkran to another part of Asia and June/July to UK)  His annual retirement extension and visit to Immigration is late September so the clock starts again, apparently.  He never spends 90 days in Thailand so never has to do a report

Thanks for the clarification.

13 minutes ago, VBF said:

"Many people living in Thailand go to their Immigration office only once a year..."  So just to make sure it's not many, just one, thanks.

On 3/22/2018 at 8:40 AM, VBF said:

Just FYI.....got to Jomtien VERY early on 21st March to extend SETV for 30 days. Original permission to stay expired 29th March so i was applying  8 days early

When office opened, I got ticket no 1 and was out with my extension by 08:50 at which time it was starting to get busy.

Oh, and getting back on topic, I used a TM7 that I downloaded and printed (double-sided) in October 2017 and a TM30 that my mate collected from Jomtien a couple of weeks ago. 

I want to go with you next time! 5555

No extra copies , no copy of TM 30 receipt? Mai khao jai.

2 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I want to go with you next time! 5555

No extra copies , no copy of TM 30 receipt? Mai khao jai.

With a retirement visa and a US passport they just scan your visa barcode and staple in another one. No pictures or paperwork to do.

Archived