BANGKOK 19 February 2019 06:33
rooster59

It's a crime: Foreigners marrying Thais now subject to fingerprints taken for criminal background

On 2/24/2018 at 4:32 AM, cornishcarlos said:

The Thai authorities can't even track their own high profile criminals, so what makes them think they will be able to find any info about the average geezer wanting to get married !!!

We're missing the point concentration on the practical side of things is the wrong direction.

Instead think of a income generatr of an angle it might be considered that some sort of fee will be investigated and instigated.

https://wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Thailand_-_Obtain_police_clearance_certificate

On 10/17/2018 at 7:15 AM, Shackleton123 said:

I married a Kiribati national. The Kiribati Government did a criminal record check (no fingerprints) to determine whether they would allow the marriage! So it's not as draconian as many seem to think.

That's interesting Kiribati looks very nice?

That´s perfect. I wish they had the chance to do the check on an international level. Then much of the bad apple would never be able to start families they later have to abandon because they got caught.

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

Some off topic posts and the replies have been removed. 

On 11/8/2018 at 8:03 PM, Denim said:

Took wifey to the UK in September.

Arriving at Heathrow terminal 4 the immigration officer asked a few pertinent questions then asked my wife to supply a thumbprint. I was surprised at this new requirement and told wifey to take off her shoe and sock and give a big toe print for good measure. The immigration officer was not amused and like a good jobsworth kept a dead pan face. 

Immigration. The twilight zone of humour.

When these IO's have to deal with 1000's of passengers, not surprising such humour not been appreciated.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:40 AM, Patriot1066 said:
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Shackleton123 said:

That's interesting Kiribati looks very nice?

Some of the islands are beautiful - Kiritimati due south of Hawaii is one of them. But it's very third world. All the islands are Coral Attols, Tarawa (of Pacific War with the Japanese fame) is the capitol. Very overcrowded.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:16 AM, rooster59 said:

Specifically they are making farang (foreigners) who are marrying Thai get a personality profile check 

Personality profile check? By a Thai with the personality of a soi dog? Yeah, right. 

• Like 1

They should check the criminal records of Thai wives and give a copy to potential husband before marriage.  Just to be fair. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Petchou said:

They should check the criminal records of Thai wives and give a copy to potential husband before marriage.  Just to be fair. 

They should introduce the lie detector, and invite the prospective husband to ask anything he wishes. Would have helped me!