BANGKOK 18 July 2019 14:20
rooster59

It's a crime: Foreigners marrying Thais now subject to fingerprints taken for criminal background

6 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

What about a sanity check and a check for the brides pseudo brother?

Oh cripes, my thoughts exactly!  With the greatest respect to her indoors, I wish I had had a 'brain working or not' scan 10 years ago!  :saai:

• Like 1

It is one thing to ask for this information as an immigration matter when entering the country. However it an entirely different matter when you are living in Thailand legally and are about to marry and asked for fingerprints. They are treating legally settled foreigners as criminals. What an invasion of your civil rights. Thai's make up more of the criminal element in Thailand than any other group. Why then are Thai's not subject to the same rules? Thailand is such a blatantly racist country and they do not even attempt to hide it.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I've been married once. I'm not repeating that mistake with anyone.

Stick to your guns on that one mate. 

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Next up...Eye Scanning, DNA Samples, Wallet Searches Et al !

Next up......a foreign criminal was caught in Thailand and TV members start slagging off immigration that the let a criminal enter the country

6 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

It is one thing to ask for this information as an immigration matter when entering the country. However it an entirely different matter when you are living in Thailand legally and are about to marry and asked for fingerprints. They are treating legally settled foreigners as criminals.

I read all the time here about foreign criminals settled in Thailand for decades getting caught.

36 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

It is one thing to ask for this information as an immigration matter when entering the country. However it an entirely different matter when you are living in Thailand legally and are about to marry and asked for fingerprints. They are treating legally settled foreigners as criminals. What an invasion of your civil rights. Thai's make up more of the criminal element in Thailand than any other group. Why then are Thai's not subject to the same rules? Thailand is such a blatantly racist country and they do not even attempt to hide it.

36 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

It’s their country, it’s their rules if you don’t like it there is another option.

My Thai wife had to have her fingerprints taken by the police in Australia and sent to the Special Branch in Thailand as part of her application for residency in Australia.

In Malaysia they take your fingerprints on entry as a tourist.

For me if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

• Like 1

... ‘Amazing Thailand’ !!! 

?

Doubt very much they are even aware they’re being xenophobic. 

Well ‘that’s nationalism for you’. 

2 hours ago, Jackin1960 said:

So glad I moved my family to the UK no silly by-laws and whimsical hoops to jump through for the amusement of some petty bureaucrat here. We can visit our summer house in Spain if we start to get the winter blues. And visit Thailand for a few weeks before the fun starts to run out. So nice living in a democratic country with real rules and values. 

I will second that, sad for those who cannot afford to follow us who now need a fingerprint check just to marry a bar girl and have to live in such a sad place where they have absolutely no rights whatsoever. And still its better that home so we are told. some silly people around aren't there?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I will second that, sad for those who cannot afford to follow us who now need a fingerprint check just to marry a bar girl and have to live in such a sad place where they have absolutely no rights whatsoever. And still its better that home so we are told. some silly people around aren't there?

Not as silly and sad as the people who still want to troll the forums of the "sad place".

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

'... they are making farang (foreigners) who are marrying Thai get ... a personality profile check ...'

Might like to test the junta for personality profiles. See how many have one.