Siam TV vs. Power Buy for future service on appliances

stargazer9999

I have been to several of these companies.

1. Powerbuy

The company's salespeople are polite, knowledgeable but a bit aggressive. I bought a few appliances from them because of the very competitive pricing.

They called me up if I have received the goods a few days after delivery, unlike Big C.

They have more brands and models than the other shops such as Panasonic.

I am not sure about after-sales service because I haven't got any problems yet after 3 months.

2. Big C

Sell only cheaper models, they are not really interested in after-sales service. The sales staff seem to be interested in promoting Samsung brand.

Their receipts fade after a few months, so we won;'t have proof that we actually bought from them. They use very cheap paper for their receipts.

3. Siam

The prices here are more expensive than Powerbuy. The sales staff are neither that attentive nor  as polite than Powerbuy or Homepro.

4. Homepro

There are limited electrical brands and models compared to Powerbuy. The staff here is very attentive and helpful.

They focus on selling non-electrical appliances such as furniture. However, their furniture are all made of cheap fiber board which can't last.

The range of non-electrical appliances is tremendous, this is the shop to go to for those things.

The after-sales service is good,  they attended to my request for refund etc. Excellent service! But their electrical appliance prices are not as  competitive as Powerbuy.

Conclusion:

My recommendation is go to Powerful for electrical appliances and Homepro for non-electrical appliances.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 8:00 AM, peergin said:

I recently went looking for a 20+ cubic feet (about 570 liters) fridge. Did not find much. The only one that appealed to me was a Samsung. However, I have since learned that the Japanese government (yes, the government!) has just set up a quality control unit to check why Samsung's quality is so poor and how it can be improved. The government appears to be concerned that it damages Japan's image. I have not bought it (yet) because it worries me. Are there Thai Visa members who have positive experiences with Samsung's large fridges?

P.S. I would not buy a Whirlpool,

On 3/13/2018 at 8:10 AM, Naam said:

yep! you learned that the Japanese government is concerned about Japan's image because a South Korean company does not produce quality items.

rabugento1.gif

I know that Samsung is a (South) Korean company. However, what I wrote about the quality control unit set up by the JAPANESE government is correct. Perhaps the JAPANESE government and/or a Japanese consumer protection agency want to protect Japanese buyers. After all, Japan and South Korea are neighbors so I think that the amount of trade between the two is very substantial. That will, of course, include Samsung's refrigerators. I presume that Japanese-made refrigerators which are sold in Japan will have difficulty competing with Samsung's products. Japanese wages are sky high!

Nevertheless, I did make a mistake in writing: "The government appears to be concerned that it damages Japan's image." I should have written: "The [Japanese] government appears to be concerned that it harms Japanese consumers." My apologies.

Concluding, the information about the newly established Japanese quality control unit appears to be correct. I saw it on satellite tv. Are there any Thai Visa members who know more about it? There is a very large Samsung refrigerator that I like but I have not bought it yet because I am worried about the quality. It is a lot of money so I am still interested in finding out more. Finally, post # 20 also worries me. It says: "Samsung […] don't carry parts of all makes and models." [I.e. refrigerators.]

We bought a Samsung about 10 years ago and it is doing great.  Perhaps the problems if any are with newer models.  Only part I have needed is a light bulb which they had.

Re: Parts.  You should look for more info, relying on one TV post is not advisable because many are incorrect.   Samsung has been good about parts for our about 20 year old washing machine.

5 hours ago, peergin said:

There is a very large Samsung refrigerator that I like but I have not bought it yet because I am worried about the quality. It is a lot of money so I am still interested in finding out more. Finally, post # 20 also worries me. It says: "Samsung […] don't carry parts of all makes and models." [I.e. refrigerators.]

If you really like Samsung, then go buy it. No amount of persuasion would change your mind.

What I noticed is that sales-staff at BigC try very hard to sell and recommend Samsung fridge to me, I think they get more commission out of selling Samsung products.

Luckily I bought a Panasonic fridge and don't have any trouble with it.

• 9 months later...

Siam TV sucks & their staff is just nasty.  The sales staff was disrespectful to my Thai gf & the installers were the same.  The women there are nice, the men are rude, stupid & obnoxious, period.  I refuse to shop there ever again. The guys come to install my surround sound which was included in the price.  5 guys show up, one with a tie on, he sits there picking his nose with his dirty hands on my walls doing nothing.  I called him on it so he goes outside.  Power Buy online is has much better pricing than anyone on appliances but I have not tried their service yet.

6 hours ago, lockman07 said:

Siam TV sucks & their staff is just nasty.  The sales staff was disrespectful to my Thai gf & the installers were the same.  The women there are nice, the men are rude, stupid & obnoxious, period.  I refuse to shop there ever again. The guys come to install my surround sound which was included in the price.  5 guys show up, one with a tie on, he sits there picking his nose with his dirty hands on my walls doing nothing.  I called him on it so he goes outside.  Power Buy online is has much better pricing than anyone on appliances but I have not tried their service yet.

Ever since my last post, I've been to Global house.I bought some air-cond from them.

Global House service is the best so far. If you have any complaints, just call their customer service and they will rectify for you free of charge. I complained about the attitude of the first batch of rude installers and they sent a second batch of installers to rectify it (all very polite)

Power buy service is not bad too because they will phone you up whether you're satisfied etc.

Archived