Husband And Wife Attacked And Robbed By 3 Thai's

libya 115

Ducking and Diving..........I suppose that becomes the norm when you are in the ring 5 times a week.

There's no ducking and diving at all. You either don't read, don't comprehend what you read, or you're just an irritating troll. :D:D:D

The only troll round here tropo is you.......... :o

How is a tourist to know what areas are unsafe? Perhaps their hotel had no safe. Or they heard of how unsafe it is to leave valuables unattended in Pattaya.

The blame can not be placed on these tourists.

In my opinion the blame should be placed on local government for their complacency.

Perhaps a security tax added to barfines would pay for the extra police needed to control the situation. :o

I was just this evening sitting at the beach at Soi 13 enjoying a kebab when I was surprised to notice the beach lights were turned off at around 10pm. More lighting would be a step in the right direction.

Tropo earlier in this thread you said Quote. " I never walk on the beach at night"

Now don`t tell me this has been taken out of context too.

.............or are you going to tell us that you flew to your seat??

What you write just does not add up.

What`s the saying?......you can fool some of the people some of the time....but not all the people all of the time?

. More lighting would be a step in the right direction.

Only thing is tropo with more lighting along the beach, the 'ladies' who frequent it at night looking for eternal love with mr falang will have to apply even more war paint and shave twice daily in order to look just as suay :o

Common sense does say dont carry a years wage to a thai person with you though doesnt it? I'd be pooping me pants walking round England with £45,000 on me

How is a tourist to know what areas are unsafe? Perhaps their hotel had no safe. Or they heard of how unsafe it is to leave valuables unattended in Pattaya.

In my opinion the blame should be placed on local government for their complacency.

Perhaps a security tax added to barfines would pay for the extra police needed to control the situation. :o

I was just this evening sitting at the beach at Soi 13 enjoying a kebab when I was surprised to notice the beach lights were turned off at around 10pm. More lighting would be a step in the right direction.

Tropo earlier in this thread you said Quote. " I never walk on the beach at night"

What`s the saying?......you can fool some of the people some of the time....but not all the people all of the time?

Pattaya Fox, I sit AT the beach on the concrete benches along the well-lit sections of the beach promenade, I don't walk or sit ON the beach late at night.

It would seem I can fool you most of the time. :D:D:D

Pattaya Fox, I sit AT the beach on the concrete benches along the well-lit sections of the beach promenade, I don't walk or sit ON the beach late at night.

It would seem I can fool you most of the time. :D:D:D

tropo your ambiguity never ceases to amaze

The handbag contained a lot of valuables; 1,500 – 1,600 Dollars, 4,000 Baht, 30,000 Yen, a gold necklace and gold ring, a Fuji digital camera, a Sony IPod, a mobile phone, their ATMs and ID.

Another poster in this forum said he was robbed of 20,000 baht and a digital camera...

Is it just me, or is anyone else on this forum nervous if he/she carries around more than 3,000 baht in BROAD DAYLIGHT in a friendly country village?? In the States, even, I never carried more than $50 on my person. This is despite the fact that I frequently traveled domestically and internationally as a business person for 20 years. However, I NEVER wanted to make it worthwhile to any thief.

Someone suggested that you should never carry on your person what you're not willing to lose. Well, now you know what a miser I am. Frankly, there ARE people who are much more dripping with riches than I, and apparently willing to lose a lot more... :o

In the same breath, I link arms with the other posters who reiterate that it still doesn't excuse the crime...but please, let's at least consider not fueling the fires of crime by letting them reap a healthy reward for their evil actions.

Edited by toptuan

Can't see it being an insurance scam in case the police actually do find the criminals.

However when muggers realise how much farangs carry around with them matters can only get worse as every thief will assume one mugging can make them rich.

Agree with 'who cares?' Many crimes are 'snatch' done by 2 thugs on a motorbike. I cannot understand why there are so many motorbikes without number plates or have the plates painted white and the'new" thing now is to have the tax disc obliterating the numbers.

A simple remedy would be for the police to confiscate all such motorbikes.