Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 February 2019 04:04
mauroest

Krabi town motorbike rental too expensive

Recommended Posts

to rent Honda Click for one month they ask 5000 THB (2000 in Pattaya).  They want to squeeze farang.  Any choice ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pay it and enjoy Thailand or buy a motorbike. Of course they will try to take advantage of you. You can either use your head, be smart and enjoy yourself or anger the locals and wake up dead. Your choice. Every country tries to screw the tourists. Keep a low profile, keep your mouth shut, smile and pay whatever it is. Or walk.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how new the bike is ,,,if it’s a new model 5000 bht a month is hardly expensive or a rip off  ,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,      Works out 167 bht a day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russian rental fast,no hassle,no passport only deposit; delivered Yamaha filano to my residence.  3 kb/month

Edited by mauroest
add info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JazRod said:

Just pay it and enjoy Thailand or buy a motorbike. Of course they will try to take advantage of you. You can either use your head, be smart and enjoy yourself or anger the locals and wake up dead. Your choice. Every country tries to screw the tourists. Keep a low profile, keep your mouth shut, smile and pay whatever it is. Or walk.

If what you say is correct .....

"Every country tries to screw the tourist"

    Then why is it only 2000 Bt. in Pattaya......if it is 5000Bt. in Krabi

    No tourists in Pattaya?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in Banchang yesterday...noticed an oil massage is 400 Bt (same as many places around the country)....while in many places in Pattaya you can get it for 200 Bt.....that's an even bigger increase.

 I was wondering why this could be so and the thought crossed my mind that it must be higher rents or something. Then I thought, ..hang on, ...rents in Banchang could hardly be higher than in a heavy tourist area like Pattaya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

If what you say is correct .....

"Every country tries to screw the tourist"

    Then why is it only 2000 Bt. in Pattaya......if it is 5000Bt. in Krabi

    No tourists in Pattaya?

I’d like to see what you were riding in Pattaya for 66baht a bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Was in Banchang yesterday...noticed an oil massage is 400 Bt (same as many places around the country)....while in many places in Pattaya you can get it for 200 Bt.....that's an even bigger increase.

 I was wondering why this could be so and the thought crossed my mind that it must be higher rents or something. Then I thought, ..hang on, ...rents in Banchang could hardly be higher than in a heavy tourist area like Pattaya?

:smile: Sometimes its better paying a bit more in a traditional place.

 

And again in Ban Chang it depends where you are. The last time I had an oil massage there, there was oil in my beer and my cigarettes got soaked in the stuff sitting at the bar................:tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...