Krabi town motorbike rental too expensive

mauroest

Just pay it and enjoy Thailand or buy a motorbike. Of course they will try to take advantage of you. You can either use your head, be smart and enjoy yourself or anger the locals and wake up dead. Your choice. Every country tries to screw the tourists. Keep a low profile, keep your mouth shut, smile and pay whatever it is. Or walk.

16 hours ago, JazRod said:

Just pay it and enjoy Thailand or buy a motorbike. Of course they will try to take advantage of you. You can either use your head, be smart and enjoy yourself or anger the locals and wake up dead. Your choice. Every country tries to screw the tourists. Keep a low profile, keep your mouth shut, smile and pay whatever it is. Or walk.

If what you say is correct .....

"Every country tries to screw the tourist"

Then why is it only 2000 Bt. in Pattaya......if it is 5000Bt. in Krabi

No tourists in Pattaya?

Was in Banchang yesterday...noticed an oil massage is 400 Bt (same as many places around the country)....while in many places in Pattaya you can get it for 200 Bt.....that's an even bigger increase.

I was wondering why this could be so and the thought crossed my mind that it must be higher rents or something. Then I thought, ..hang on, ...rents in Banchang could hardly be higher than in a heavy tourist area like Pattaya?

40 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

No tourists in Pattaya?

I’d like to see what you were riding in Pattaya for 66baht a bay

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Was in Banchang yesterday...noticed an oil massage is 400 Bt (same as many places around the country)....while in many places in Pattaya you can get it for 200 Bt.....that's an even bigger increase.

I was wondering why this could be so and the thought crossed my mind that it must be higher rents or something. Then I thought, ..hang on, ...rents in Banchang could hardly be higher than in a heavy tourist area like Pattaya?

:smile: Sometimes its better paying a bit more in a traditional place.

And again in Ban Chang it depends where you are. The last time I had an oil massage there, there was oil in my beer and my cigarettes got soaked in the stuff sitting at the bar................:tongue:

On 1/3/2018 at 8:34 PM, JazRod said:

just pay be smart or walk...? 

I do not like to waste my money and I smile to friendly people
Less  tourism=less offerts but  AoNang/Krabi is full of tourists and local rentals like to overcharge
It's not my first long stay in this area but sure is my last and not only for motorbike

On 3/2/2018 at 6:31 PM, swoods58 said:

Why do you call it a touchdown when you don't have to?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gee, it's really great not all Brits are as defensive as you. I asked other Brits; one said because you push the bike to get it started, another said because you push down on the pedals. Either makes sense to me.

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

Gee, it's really great not all Brits are as defensive as you. I asked other Brits; one said because you push the bike to get it started, another said because you push down on the pedals. Either makes sense to me.

Silly you! It's called a push bike because after hours  in the pub they can't ride it home. 

I would hazard a guess that a scooter hired out in Krabi Town would usually do a lot more kms than one in  a city like Pats. Its 19km  between KT and  the most popular beach at Ao Nang  and costs about 500 baht in a taxi. So there and back in a day would cost a thousand baht in a taxi ,  and if you hired  a scoot you would only pay 160 baht for the day.

Bargain.

Look at the competition - in Pats you have baht bus at what 20 baht ? 

In Krabi or Phuket you have taxis at a Minimum of 100 baht for even 200 metres.

Attractions in Krabi like The Emerald Pools , the Tiger Temple , Klong Thom Springs are all a fair way out . The scooters there would do some serious kilometres...

On 3/2/2018 at 12:01 AM, dotpoom said:

No tourists in Pattaya?

That does not even make any sense.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/03/2018 at 10:36 PM, smotherb said:

You push the peddles with your feet. Is that hard to understand?

Archived