Can I get some help getting bus tickets from Trang to BKK (Don Mueang)?

polyknikes

I will be staying in Koh Lipe soon and after my trip I am heading back to Korea. My flight back to Incheon is at 4pm on March 19. I will be leaving Koh Lipe on March 18th. I have chosen to either take the train or bus back to Don Mueang instead of taking a plane because it is less expensive. However, I'd like to leave Koh Lipe/Trang and time it so that I arrive the next day on March 18th (before 4pm of course). Are that overnight buses that go from Trang to Don Mueang? Could you please tell me where I can go to book them once I arrive in Trang and Koh Lipe? I want to make sure I get my tickets and I want to use a VIP bus service like Nakonchaiair. Thank you very much.

Get overnight train first class for about 1100 baht I think. Get bunk bed and sleep. Arrive in hua lamphong train station in morning of 18th. Plenty of time to get to DMK airport.

Just head straight to trang train station and purchase tickets at train station. Do not listen to tour guides advice regarding "no train" speak directly to train station.

Cannot remember but the train journey is about 12-14 hours and leaves 6pm and arrives 8am. Not 100%.

17 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Get overnight train first class for about 1100 baht I think. Get bunk bed and sleep. Arrive in hua lamphong train station in morning of 18th. Plenty of time to get to DMK airport.

Just head straight to trang train station and purchase tickets at train station. Do not listen to tour guides advice regarding "no train" speak directly to train station.

Cannot remember but the train journey is about 12-14 hours and leaves 6pm and arrives 8am. Not 100%.

Wow, that's perfect. Thank you very much. 1,100 baht includes a bunk bed? Ok, I will head straight to the trang station. Is the trang train station far from Hat Yao Pier?

Just now, polyknikes said:

Wow, that's perfect. Thank you very much. 1,100 baht includes a bunk bed? Ok, I will head straight to the trang station. Is the trang train station far from Hat Yao Pier?

It includes 1 bed in the room which has two beds. (Bunk bed) 

Not sure on hat yao pier but the train station is in the centre of the city so maybe google can help you figure that out. A guess would say 1 hour max or less travel between Trang central and hat yao

2 hours ago, krabi local said:

It’s only 1200 baht to fly Trang to DMK with Thai Lion and just takes 90 minutes.
I would far prefer that to bus or train.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Definitely the smartest option.

Also, take notice that Nakhonchai Air does not operate anywhere near Trang

• 3 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, polyknikes said:

I don't know why a first class bunk was suggested. Unless travelling with a companion and expecting fun and games, second class AC carriage is cheaper and the beds are in line with travel, so better sleep. Just book a lower berth or suffer the lights that are on all night.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, krabi local said:

It’s only 1200 baht to fly Trang to DMK with Thai Lion and just takes 90 minutes.
I would far prefer that to bus or train.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Why? IMO travelling with the locals is why I am in LOS. I have no interest in travelling so far above the countryside I see nothing, plus I'd have to pay for the flight AND an hotel for the night. A train is travel and accommodation for the night.

Archived