Thailand Golf Association

BobbyL

Has anyone joined them annually? They offer a handicap system for members which seems good. I was wondering if there was any stipulation (ie - only at certain courses, how quickly they update handicaps etc). 

This is the form I am going to send them. It is 660 to join then 330 annual renewal. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by BobbyL

Is there any reason to join other than (possibly) getting a handicap from them? Unless you can submit online presumably the local course would need to do it so you would be stuffed if they say mai dai or whatever. The other option is to contact them directly - http://www.tga.or.th/tga2013/#p=0

They have an email address..............

Depending on where you are based if you were only looking for a handicap I would suggest finding one where you can input scores online like Pattaya Sports Club or the Birdie system.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

All courses with a rating (probably 99% of all courses in Thailand) are on the list of courses. If you play a course abroad or if the course is not on the list you can add the score as long as you know the rating for the course. The hcp will update online immediately after you've submitted a score. Once a month TGA sends out a sticker which you attach to the back of your hcp card. This sticker lists your last 20 scores and indicates the 10 scores that have been used to calculate your current handicap. Look's like this:  

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 15.01.30.png

• 1 month later...