VIDEO: American soldier attacked by gang of Thai men in Pattaya

webfact

VIDEO: American soldier attacked by gang of Thai men in Pattaya

USA.jpg

video screenshot

Video footage shared to Facebook shows the moment an American soldier was attacked by a group of men selling fake watches in Pattaya.

The one minute 40 second clip was posted on Saturday and shows a westerner and two Thai men pushing one another as onlookers try to calm things down.

The westerner is then surrounded by a group of Thai men who attack him.

The incident happened on Pattaya beach road just after 5pm on Saturday.

Police were quickly on the scene to the stop the trouble.

Local media reports that the American soldier was in Pattaya after taking part in the recent Cobra Gold Military exercises.

He became involved in the confrontation after one of the Thai men tried to sell him a watch.

The soldier declined saying it was a fake and fight ensued.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-27

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So, 3-5 Thai jump an American, because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches, and half a dozen other farang just sit on their bar stools and watch.  Pathetic all the way around.

In my experience it's best not to get involved here, add to that the fact that the guy walked away.

Discretion is the better part of valour.

16 minutes ago, toenail said:

The so called "American soldier" with the balding head looks too old to be a soldier. Fake information from him.

I believe the American was wearing a white t'shirt, the guy with the sore face is one of the fake watch sellers, the other one beside him looks like he got a slap too, nothing makes me more pleased

19 minutes ago, toenail said:

The so called "American soldier" with the balding head looks too old to be a soldier. Fake information from him.

As I am someone who's hair started falling out at the age of 18 I find your "thought" incredibly daft..:stoner:

7 hours ago, TVGerry said:

What else is to be expected from the crap hole that is Pattaya? And of these law abiding knock off vendors?

I got a certificate with my 1000 baht Rolex bought here in Pattaya.......:thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So, 3-5 Thai jump an American, because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches, and half a dozen other farang just sit on their bar stools and watch.  Pathetic all the way around.

Really?  In a place where every back pocket has a gun in it?

I would sit still too.  Over paid.  Over sexed and over here.

35 minutes ago, TVGerry said:

What else is to be expected from the crap hole that is Pattaya? And of these law abiding knock off vendors?

as long there is no suitable enforcement these cowardly acts will go on. wild dogs can only hunt in packs.

5 minutes ago, car720 said:

Really?  In a place where every back pocket has a gun in it?

I would sit still too.  Over paid.  Over sexed and over here.

what does on do? involve and criminalise yourself. it is the authorities and the TAT who have to act with suitable and equitable reprisals.

any goose should know a watches for sale from a street walker gotta be fake.

whats the point to make a fuss about it?

just no thanks or mai ow krap work for me 10 years and no trouble.

i dont believe these tough guy ego maniac miliatary heros can have any brains if they feel a need to mouth off at a down and out street vendor

42 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

"...because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches...".

You really think that is all there was to it?  Really?  Why should the others get involved in the fracas?  Pity you weren't around to sort them all out, eh?

46 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

They were not even thinking about helping another foreigner, me thinks. Shame. 

11 minutes ago, sahibji said:

what does on do? involve and criminalise yourself. it is the authorities and the TAT who have to act with suitable and equitable reprisals.

Agreed, this comes not long after a guy was killed in a bar fight here.

I had an old friend who got a knife in the ribs and a punctured lung many years ago in Bangkok, in an incident similar to this one in Pattaya.

Best not get involved.

3 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Discretion, no, gutless, yes.

Not gutless, or stupid, it wouldn't have been long before there were about 10 motorbike taxi guys there, probably a few of them with blades. I've lived here 20 years and know not to get involved, the Thais will always be on the winning side.

This comes not long after a guy was killed in a bar fight here.

I had an old friend who got a knife in the ribs and a punctured lung many years ago in Bangkok, in an incident similar to this one in Pattaya.

Best not get involved.

Archived