VIDEO: American soldier attacked by gang of Thai men in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, toenail said:

The so called "American soldier" with the balding head looks too old to be a soldier. Fake information from him.

Look at the video again, the American solder was a young white man with a full head of hair in a white shirt.  You see him at the beginning of the video as he bloodied the three Thai guys faces and walked out into the street unhurt.   After all, he is a Marine and made short work of his attackers.

5 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Best thing I ever did was leave Pattaya over 10 years ago

Best thing I ever did was stay. :smile: Never had any problem w/ the vendors. Fact, I share a smile with them sometimes. They agree my watch & sunglasses are real whereas theirs are fake.

Vendor management is merely one of those skills true cesspoolians pick up rather quickly and easily.

some of those in the video need to have a medical check up and get themselves sorted out fitness wise

I think we could also find a few not in the video. Anywhere.

29 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Just another nail in the coffin for the family tourist town.

I have seen this comment or very similar since forums began, have you not noticed it doesn't work that way! Pattaya is booming, Thailand is booming, 35 million 'visitors" last year, more expected this year, when I first moved here they were lucky to get 5 million a year, yet folks still like to state "another" nail, the rest of the nails must have rusted away!

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

So, 3-5 Thai jump an American, because he wouldn't buy one of their fake watches, and half a dozen other farang just sit on their bar stools and watch.  Pathetic all the way around.

I bet you would have jump in to help. huh? You better watch out for what you want to involve yourself in .PS not only in Thailand 

31 minutes ago, JSixpack said:
50 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Just another nail in the coffin for the family tourist town.

I thought we had the last one 20 years ago?

There's been so many nails in that coffin that I'm beginning to suspect a nail thievery conspiracy.  (Assuming they're not stealing the Teak or Rosewood coffins)

I'm always amazed that the guys are selling fake watches in the wide open light of day, and that never seems to raise an eyebrow in these news flashes.  Just the dust ups, who won, and what country the other guy was from.  Never the fact that the seller's violating the law and about a dozen treaties.

44 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

Street seller is told his fake watch is fake, and then attacks the accusing boy soldier?  More to it than local street bullies if that was what happened.

Aggressive fake watch sellers are not unknown. There's been a few farangs come off worse after similar confrontations around Soi Diana and Lengkee if I recall correctly. One even got stabbed for his impolite way of telling the fake watch seller to take a hike.

Like the jet ski pirates and taxi-meter thugs, they are a somewhat protected species.

7 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Sketchy all the way around... Not sure what to believe. American soldier? Not too bright to get into a fight over a fake watch in Thailand. You mean that Panerai for Bt2000 is fake? You don't say. 

The sellers can get quite aggressive if you spend more than 3 seconds of their precious time showing you the watches- and then you decline and walk away.  It can take quite a bit of self control to not react badly to that kind of shabby treatment.  It's not about the watches being fake.  Everybody knows that going in.  It's about the name calling and shirt sleeve tugging that starts when you walk away.

I don't think any of those involved are US marines. Nobody really has a buzz cut. Also I had a little hand to hand training 30 years ago (non-military), and none of those guys are fighting like they've ever had any training at all. If I got involved in something like that even today I think I'd move my feet into a fighting stance without thinking. And turning your back on an aggressor? I don't think that's in the handbook!

Easy to guess what transpired, but the video starts with a watch on the ground already, so there's no proof. I guess the vendor waved the watch a little too close to the guys face and had it slapped away and dropped the watch. Farang got off easy, lucky he didn't get a knife in the kidney when he turned away.

1 minute ago, jerry921 said:

I don't think any of those involved are US marines. Nobody really has a buzz cut. Also I had a little hand to hand training 30 years ago (non-military), and none of those guys are fighting like they've ever had any training at all. If I got involved in something like that even today I think I'd move my feet into a fighting stance without thinking. And turning your back on an aggressor? I don't think that's in the handbook!

Easy to guess what transpired, but the video starts with a watch on the ground already, so there's no proof. I guess the vendor waved the watch a little too close to the guys face and had it slapped away and dropped the watch. Farang got off easy, lucky he didn't get a knife in the kidney when he turned away.

WOW....Insider info....:thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

Street seller is told his fake watch is fake, and then attacks the accusing boy soldier?  More to it than local street bullies if that was what happened.

17 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

There is more to this story. The American said a bit more than no thanks its a fake..

This is not the first time. I think there was another anther attack by watch sellers last year also but i could not find it.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/790769-russian-tourist-attacked-for-not-buying-watch/

Archived