Several Members Banned From The Forum

george

The following members and/or IP adresses are banned for a while from posting on this forum:

basher

the gentleman

The Gentleman Scamp

Maejo Man

tutsiwarrior

MadFrankie

natee1

Chaamman

They will eventually be allowed in again at a later stage.

Reason: Bad language and several junk postings.

Please read our forum rules:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

/Admin

Edited by george

Thanks Lovely. Place is gonna be lonely without Bash and friends.

And Tutsi!!! You can't ban Tutsi. The man's a legend. What is the world coming to?

Sad day indeed. I shall drink to long lost friends.

Anyone care to join me?

:o

How have you heard that?

If Duckthai

Quote deleted by Admin

has not been banned for repeatedly threatening posts to other members then I want an inquest now, especially if you're banning the boys up the top, oooooh the injustice of it, how many swear words is enough to get you banned? Lovely Cutie has used a few and she's not banned, I post alot of crappy links and haven't been banned, what is a junk post anyway?

It makes me mad!!

bigboy2.gif

Edited by george

Yeah, I can't say I agree with banning tutsi too.. even though he was using pretty bad language, but then, more than a few were attacking him and his wife. Hope he will be allowed to get back in sooner than others.

I'm afraid I have been pretty close to George's button the past few days. Gotta be careful too. :o

And did you mention drinks? I've got my Bacardi Breezers here.

Hooray! Thanks! Too much riff-raff of late.

The inquisition has sat, and decided, in my opinion, wrongly. In the case of The Gentleman Scamp, it was guilt by association. The poor fellow's condition makes it impossible for him to be rude. He's a nice guy.

As for the other miscreants, see below.

basher............. Harmless and loves a good jibe

the gentleman............. Ditto

The Gentleman Scamp............. A victim

Maejo Man............. Another victim

tutsiwarrior ............. Shame on you George

MadFrankie ............. Dubious

natee1............. Pretty harmless

Chaamman.............. Deserving

I also notice that Polo was not on the list, was he removed already, along with Ducktwat?

Also Lovely Cutie has been skating on very thin ice for some time now??????

Answers please George

:D:D:D

No wonder today's postings are a bit listless.

I cannot and will not be a judge, but feel some spice will be missing in the postings in here.

Junk? Something that belongs to the Bear Pit, is my guess.

Sick Boy:

Anyone care to join me?

Sure, to replace the missing spice. :D

:o

FTH, Take a look here.. Ducky's on holidays
Thanks LC, I missed that.
basher............. Harmless and loves a good jibe

the gentleman............. Ditto

The Gentleman Scamp............. A victim

Maejo Man............. Another victim

tutsiwarrior ............. Shame on you George

MadFrankie ............. Dubious

natee1............. Pretty harmless

Chaamman.............. Deserving

Agreed, a day with no crappy gags from the gent and bash is like a day with two, no three extra hours in it :D

Also I must just say how touching tutsi's post was, especially as he set himself up for the rubbish that did indeed follow, Dutchy you should feel a bit ashamed of yourself you big gay bear. :o

When is the gang of 7 allowed back in?

bodypaul Posted on Fri 2004-05-14, 12:44:18

...... there will be far fewer decent posts from today!! 

Far fewer brainless posts about marmite and vegemite perhaps! :o
Hooray! Thanks! Too much riff-raff of late.

I'm with this guy! :D

Please understand, we want quality posts on this forum as we build a growing online community based around Thailand Expats. If we have good content, we will be indexed in the leading search engines, and that generates more traffic and more members.

thaivisa.com admins and moderators will not accept this forum going the same direction as newsgroups like soc.culture.thai

If some of our (banned) members want to post "junk posts" = non quality posts, it is better that they use a chat instead of the forum.

hmmmm

Huski, wise words indeed, only one man's junk is another man's gem, for example where do you stand on Yohan's yawnafemithon? whilst the subject matter was ok the rants were circular and junk to me after page three, should he be banned in your book? Or is this the way forward, are those the type of threads you're hoping will generate more visitors and add to the enjoyment of the site?

Surely there's room for comedy in all things?

I do not know of this soc.culture of which you speak, was yesterday's bannings a knee jerk reaction to this? Are you an admin / mod?

Does the forum let things slide until one day they think a line has been crossed? A camel's back broken? Look at the list of banned members, The Gentleman Scamp? He's a pleasant enough fellow, yet duckthai gets to post threatening stuff for days, I don't get it.