BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Several Members Banned From The Forum

Please understand, we want quality posts on this forum as we build a growing online community based around Thailand Expats. If we have good content, we will be indexed in the leading search engines, and that generates more traffic and more members.

thaivisa.com admins and moderators will not accept this forum going the same direction as newsgroups like soc.culture.thai

If some of our (banned) members want to post "junk posts" = non quality posts, it is better that they use a chat instead of the forum.

hmmmm

Huski, wise words indeed, only one man's junk is another man's gem, for example where do you stand on Yohan's yawnafemithon? whilst the subject matter was ok the rants were circular and junk to me after page three, should he be banned in your book? Or is this the way forward, are those the type of threads you're hoping will generate more visitors and add to the enjoyment of the site?

Surely there's room for comedy in all things?

I do not know of this soc.culture of which you speak, was yesterday's bannings a knee jerk reaction to this? Are you an admin / mod?

Does the forum let things slide until one day they think a line has been crossed? A camel's back broken? Look at the list of banned members, The Gentleman Scamp? He's a pleasant enough fellow, yet duckthai gets to post threatening stuff for days, I don't get it.

Good riddance to bad trash. Especially the dyslectic duo. They have nothing positive to add to this forum.

tutsiwarrior

I think it's a shame he got the heave ho as he was only going through the motions.

Hopefully George's action will reduce the number of mindless one liners and drivel that goes on for pages in some threads that start out of interest.