Arsenal

MiG16

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must add ..watching Freddie almost score against us felt rather odd

sighhhh...part of football I suppose....one day they are part of us, next day they are against us....

but still we won the game :o

right.

getting this back on top of list again. exactly where we belong :o

must admit though....we played a clumsy game last night. still Im happy with the result. not so happy that we conceded 2 goals though

right.

getting this back on top of list again. exactly where we belong :D

must admit though....we played a clumsy game last night. still Im happy with the result. not so happy that we conceded 2 goals though

Its tough at the top! :o

this Saturday game:

Arsenal vs bolton

:o

feel free to make your predictions. yes yes I know you guys have done so on the EPL predictions thread too.......

but go on...humour me :D

ohh and look at this :o

Arsenal commission bust of Arsène Wenger

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that it has commissioned a bust of Arsène Wenger, which will take place of honour at Emirates Stadium.

An exact replica of the bust was unveiled by Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood at the Club’s AGM at Emirates Stadium on Thursday in front of hundreds of Shareholders.

The final version of the bust, which will be cast in bronze and completed by the end of the year, has been created by figurative sculptor Etienne Millner, who has been painstakingly working on the piece for the past eight months.

After unveiling the bust, which the Club kept a secret from Wenger until the AGM, Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: “We are delighted to have commissioned a bust of Arsène Wenger, which will be located in an appropriate place of honour at Emirates Stadium.

full story with picture here :D

I mean I like Arsene, and think hes the best coach, and infact the real factor behind Arsenal's success in the last many years, but still something like this makes me ticklish :D

Wenger - I have never had competition like this

Never, in his long, illustrious career, has Arsène Wenger been able to leave out so many high-profile players.

A youthful Arsenal side have strung together a run of 11 victories and have compiled a record of P14 W13 D1 L0 in all competitions this season. The manager has been following that old footballing maxim that ‘you never change a winning team’. It has meant some big names have missed out.

Wenger named five internationals on the bench for the victory over Bolton on Saturday, including Tomas Rosicky (67 caps for Czech Republic) and Gilberto (63, Brazil). Robin van Persie (23, Holland) and Jens Lehmann (49, Germany) were not involved at all.

“I have never had that situation before,” said Wenger at his pre-match press conference. “It can be a problem when you have young players coming through. “At the start you don't think ‘they are not established, why does he play and he does not play?’ “But you can only trust what you see. It is a little bit the price of the team doing well on a consistent level for four, five, six games. It’s unjust to change the team if you are doing well.”

Apparently, the casualties of this success have responded well. “Gilberto and Lehmann are certainly not happy,” admitted Wenger. “But their attitude in training is certainly spot on. That’s where you gain more respect. My biggest job is to win the next game, and my players are so professional.

“I never try to convince someone to be happy in a position like that. There’s a competition for places, and then once the team has come out there’s a competition together against the outside. That for me is being a real professional.

“Until the team for the next game has come out you fight for your place, and once it’s come out you fight against your opponents together. There’s even competition for the subs bench and there will be world class players not involved tomorrow.”

source: Arsenal.com

yeh. would have loved to watch it with you too

but then again maybe its a good thing. Toadie and Chavy have seen how nervous /on edge I can get when watching my team play :o so I might be better off watching it by myself in a small dark room :D

by the way my friend...who toadie and chavvy met.....is a liverpool fan. she might want to meet u :D

Champions League

Arsenal vs Slavia Prague

i havent got much to say about the game.......anyway, most time I like to predict pessimistic (not want to jinx the team :D )

but to quote a good friend :D

Scousemouse said :o :

Good luck tonight ( not that you need it :D ) against Prague in the champions league

did I tell you guys scousemouse is a good friend and a good guy?? :D:bah:

I didnt stay up to watch it

but :o

from Arsenal.com:

An incredible night.

Arsenal 7: 0 Slavia Prague

Theo Walcott began this game as a boyish Arsenal talent, he finished it as a full-fledged member of this emerging side.

The 18-year-old was playing only his second game up front under Arsène Wenger but he put in a manful display. Although the goals were shared between Walcott, Alex Hleb, Cesc Fabregas and Nicklas Bendtner, it was the former Southampton man who took the eye.

rest of the article here....... at the best football club website :D

Champions League

Arsenal vs Slavia Prague

i havent got much to say about the game.......anyway, most time I like to predict pessimistic (not want to jinx the team :D )

but to quote a good friend :D

Scousemouse said :o :

Good luck tonight ( not that you need it :bah: ) against Prague in the champions league

did I tell you guys scousemouse is a good friend and a good guy?? :bah:;)

I'm always a good friend , but a good guy :D:D ............. only when Liverpool win :o

Testing times

Andy Gray's comment on Arsenal

Arsenal were written off at the start of the season but not by me. --- I never doubted my team either Andy :o Right from day one I said that I was astonished that people were writing them off before a ball was kicked and that they would be the team that everyone would target to try and get fourth place from.

But I looked at the squad and saw that there are so many good players there that I couldn't believe they weren't given a hope of challenging for the title.

I thought they would have a very good season, but I never quite thought they would hit the heights they have hit.

The real challenges come within the space of a week as they travel to Anfield for Super Sunday and then face the Champions at the Emirates next Saturday, both of which I will be commentating on - and I can't wait.

Arsene Wenger will be thinking 'if we come through it, great. If we get a point at Anfield and beat Manchester United it would be fantastic'.

But the fact of the matter is, even if the results go against them the vital factor will be how this Arsenal team will react.

They are sweeping everybody else aside at the moment and it won't be easy for them against the top three sides, we know that, but it's how they react when, and if, they suffer a defeat or a couple of defeats in a row, that will determine their season.

They're not going to collapse and disappear into mid-table - that just won't happen. So Sunday is undoubtedly the toughest test for them so far.

With football the way it is, having watched what I thought was a very ordinary Liverpool side on Wednesday [in the 2-1 defeat to Besiktas] and having watched Arsenal's brilliant performance against Slavia Prague on the TV in Turkey the night before, I would say that it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool won. Because that simply is football, it's ridiculous.

But if Liverpool stand off Arsenal and allow them as much of the ball as they did against Besiktas it might prove costly.

Boys to men

Apart from the obvious players - Cesc Fabregas, Robin Van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor. Every player has impressed me so far. But I would like to point out the unsung heroes - [Mathieu] Flamini keeping out Gilberto means that he must be doing something right and the boys at the back tend not to get much hype or press, but they have done very well up to now.

from skysports......

Liverpool vs Arsenal

Sunday 28th Oct 07

'We are hungry and in good shape so we are in a good condition to go to Liverpool and show what we can do'
:D

a very balanced comment on the Arsenal site. but am not quoting it :o

toadie.....that game next week...... 1245pm, what does that make in thailand? I may almost miss it!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr

Liverpool vs Arsenal

Sunday 28th Oct 07

'We are hungry and in good shape so we are in a good condition to go to Liverpool and show what we can do'

a very balanced comment on the Arsenal site. but am not quoting it :o

toadie.....that game next week...... 1245pm, what does that make in thailand? I may almost miss it!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr

6.45pm Kick of for Thailand. Perfect start to the week :D

a draw vs liverpool.

was quite an ordeal trying to find a place that would 1) have the game live (hotels didnt!! checked more than one), 2) would stay open until 2 oclock on the sunday night in singapore

and there I was thinking singaporeans being crazy footie fans I wouldnt have trouble at all

so off I go, first from my own hotel, to another hotel, to a bar at the esplanade..sure enough its on, BUT we will close at 1am. this is sunday. laws. grrrrrrr. anyhow, end up at a nice bar, huge screen, got the other clients to leave :o so I could have the music turned off, and the footie volume turned up :D

bar closes at 1am too, staff lemme stay while they pack up.

anyhow this is my short version of the ordeal I went to to watch that game :D

got home/hotel about 2.30am, all this while being sick sick sick :D

was a good game.....and well worth the effort :bah:

only complain I have is....getting out of taxi, entering the hotel, I notice this little deli across the road from hotel, and guess what :D

HUGEEEEEEEE TV with the footie on HAHAHHA

MiG16

Are you ready for Thursday mornings (4 here in Singers) demolition.

As I am in Singers and at work a few hours later,,I will be up and hoping,,,

:o

That it wont be more than 5-0.

I do remember that the last time The Gunners visited Sheffield they lost,,, :D

How embarrasing would it be to lose again.

I cant see it happening though :D

Please be gentle

Cheers

wait..singers as in singapore???

if I had known.... would have saved me quite an ordeal :D surely you would have recited me names of lotsss of bars that would stay open til 2am until the footie game ends! even IF its a sunday night :o wouldnt you....well........

what kind of place does that ...let a footie fan taxi hop around town for a decent game of football!!!

I do remember that the last time The Gunners visited Sheffield they lost,,, :o

How embarrasing would it be to lose again.

I truly hope not :D

Please be gentle

Cheers

I like your style....so will pass on message to the boys :D

but anyway, all jokes aside...I never like to be overly confident.....and will always predict pessimistic result (secretly hoping and quietly confident for a win ofcourse!) :D

Fair play.

Judging by the form of Sheff Utd. at the moment ,I am secretly hoping that we dont lose by double figures.

But,,,,you never know :D

I,m sorry ..I could,nt help you out with bars that stay open at two here.

With kids and work I got no chance

Baby no. two arrives in two weeks.

Dont think her in doors would be too impressed if I told her I was off out to watch the footy at two :D:o

Just as well,,,,I,d only get into trouble :D

Cheers

Archived