Arsenal

MiG16

wow congrats on the new baby soihok

its become tradition on this forum to share baby pics, so i look forward to seeing some lovely pics in 2 weeks time

by the way...twouble can be fun at times :o

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess that result was to be expected.

Although Arsenal fielded a largely second team,,,they looked like they play in a different leugue.

The quality between the two sides was massive,,Sheff Utd had moments ,,but it was only that,how long they can allow such defensive mistakes to on for ?

Stead had a good game I thought.

It looked as if they were afraid to keep hold of the ball and intent on ,mostly,aimelessly knocking it forward . Gave the opposition too much room.(Other than C. Armstrong on Walcott).

The best team won.......by a country mile.

Oh well,,,its Burnley on Saturday.....yippee

thankyou guys. I saw only the first half of the game, that too amidst crazy dance halloween music.

Ill be in silly germany and wont be able to watch the games in the coming weeks. please keep me posted on the results through this thread :D

cmon....you can help me update it in my absence. there dont seem to be other Gooners about :o so will have to rely on my closet gooner friends like yourselves :D

thankyou thankyou :D

thankyou guys. I saw only the first half of the game, that too amidst crazy dance halloween music.

Ill be in silly germany and wont be able to watch the games in the coming weeks. please keep me posted on the results through this thread :D

cmon....you can help me update it in my absence. there dont seem to be other Gooners about :D so will have to rely on my closet gooner friends like yourselves :D

thankyou thankyou :bah:

Why are you travelling to Germany in November? If you were more sensible and had planned it, like myself, the work trip would have been in October in Munich. :o

Women......... :D

Im dreading the cold :o

Im told its already 5c at the moment and getting colder over the coming weeks :D

but the worse part is....they have no football on TV. well certainly no EPL. grrrrrrrr

Im dreading the cold :o

Im told its already 5c at the moment and getting colder over the coming weeks :D

but the worse part is....they have no football on TV. well certainly no EPL. grrrrrrrr

You still not picked what I'm sayin about October? :D:D

Im dreading the cold :D

Im told its already 5c at the moment and getting colder over the coming weeks :bah:

You still not picked what I'm sayin about October? :bah::D

M1G, they have Octoberfest in Munich. It's a big drinking festival :D

As for football. Are you sure they don't show EPL games? The majority of the modern world does......oh wait a minute your'e probably right :D

They will be showing the weekly "X-Factor lederhosen" show :o

they have some crazy shows on Tv. i cant even make sense of what it is...and its not cos i dont understand german. well i dont. but thats beside the point

anyway, not heading to munich this time. besides isnt it now november?

i have to pack. grrrrrrrrrrrr

i hate packing

Arsenal vs Man UTD

:D well what do u expect....this is the Arsenal thread

Key Battles: The players to watch on Saturday

Over the last decade few matches have been as eagerly anticipated as that of Arsenal v Manchester United. This weekend’s top-of-the-table clash, between the Premier League's most successful clubs, pits Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsène Wenger against each other for the 34th time. Last season's double over the Red Devils has swung the balance in Wenger's favour - 13 wins to Ferguson's 11, and with both teams in awesome form, Saturday's early kick-off is unlikely to disappoint. This season Arsenal.com will be identifying the key battles for each Premier League game and bringing you all the statistics and information a fan could need. Swot up now and come Sunday you'll be impressing anyone who'll listen with your new-found knowledge.

Mathieu Flamini v Michael Carrick

With Paul Scholes injured and Roy Keane long departed, Manchester United’s central midfield pair is an unfamiliar one. Reportedly costing nearly £40million Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves are bound to be a threat. Carrick is the creative element and it will be up to Arsenal’s tireless No 16, Mathieu Flamini, to ensure the former Spurs man is kept quiet. He has been absent with an elbow injury for several weeks, but prior to that he had looked good. Working the goalkeeper on five occasions, as well as picking out a team-mate 43 times, he certainly has a penchant for the front foot. He is though aware of his defensive duties, making 10 clearances and nine tackles. Arsenal’s tough-tackling no-nonsense midfielder cost a fraction of his rival but has had an equally impressive impact this season. Matching Carrick’s ‘shots on goal’ tally and surpassing the assists of the United star, he would appear to be a similarly attack-minded player. His strengths though have been in breaking up play and neutering the attacks of the opposition. He has made eight clearances and twelve important tackles. The Frenchman has no qualms carrying the ball either — he has completed 60 per cent of his attempted dribbles.

[............]

Please note: These statistics are from the 2007/08 Premier League season.

from Arsenal.com

Im still in a dilemma between heading out to airport since 7pm, watch the full game there spending 5 hrs at the airport :D

OR

watch only first half at home, listen to the rest on radio in the cab :o grrrr

OR

find somewhere in between......leave whereever that spot is at 10pm, and keep my fingers crossed Ill make it to airport in 20minutes :D

• 2 weeks later...

the only football I managed to watch while in germany was the champions league the other week. and this is what it was like.....

german team vs some other team ....main game that is showing...ofcourse in german

then after 15minutes...it switches to arsenal vs somebody, then somebody else vs somebody else, and another somebody vs yet another somebody :D all this for a split 1 minute each. huh?!?! :o what are we suppose to be able to watch in that time? grrrrr

anyway............

and I noticed no one is updating my thread! grrrrrrrrr

Nobody dared putting anything on your thread whilst you were away Migs.

In fact we were all personally cautioned by the Super Moderators and threatened with

supplying you with a lifetime's collection of chocolate if we contravened the rules.

Informing you of these details has not come cheap - 3 Cartons of Lindt Pralines are being expressly couriered to you as I write. !!

the only football I managed to watch while in germany was the champions league the other week. and this is what it was like.....

german team vs some other team ....main game that is showing...ofcourse in german

then after 15minutes...it switches to arsenal vs somebody, then somebody else vs somebody else, and another somebody vs yet another somebody :D all this for a split 1 minute each. huh?!?! :D what are we suppose to be able to watch in that time? grrrrr

anyway............

and I noticed no one is updating my thread! grrrrrrrrr

Mig this is a sacred thread. I wouldn't want to be accused of desecrating it. :o

Rules? what rules!! :o

Cole to silence Arsenal fans

England players received a heavy dose of verbal abuse at the weekend; however Ashley Cole believes he will be on the end of worse tirade when Chelsea take on Arsenal in December.

The failure to reach Euro 2008 saw fans up and down the country boo those that represented England in their 12 qualifying games.

However, Blues left-back Cole is sure that when his side travel to The Emirates on 16th December, the home fans will give him a much more hostile reception.

The 26-year-old missed last season's trip to North London through injury, but he insists that this time round he is eagerly anticipating coming up against his old club.

"Compared to what happened to the England guys, I am sure I will get much worse when I go back to Arsenal," Cole said in the Daily Mail.

"But I am used to it, and I am looking forward to the game. I want to go there and play them because I did not get to play there earlier this year.

"I will go there and front up. I am a grown man. They (the Arsenal fans) threw money at me at Stamford Bridge, and that was bad, but I get that every game. I love it.

"It would be nice to go there and shut some people up. It's going to be tough though.

"To be honest, I am really not bothered about the reception I will get, even though I know the crowd will get on my back.

"I don't think I have anything to prove to them. They know how good I was when I was with them and what I did for the club. It is not about that.

"Of course Arsenal still means something to me. I don't hate the club or the players.

"I love the club, but it has finished for me there now. I need to look at myself and Chelsea and do as well as I can and win as many things as I can here."

:o

whats been going on :D

we lost?? huh????did we lose??? what?!?!!

grrrrrrrr. see this is what happens when Im not able to watch the game. sighhhhhhh

anyway.....this saturday......vs Villa... are you boys gonna be watching it for the Bkk n Beer night? Ill be on a plane! yes again!!!! we better be winning this. and you boys better be cheering us on! grrrrrr

ok rant over :D

:o

whats been going on :D

we lost?? huh????did we lose??? what?!?!!

grrrrrrrr. see this is what happens when Im not able to watch the game. sighhhhhhh

anyway.....this saturday......vs Villa... are you boys gonna be watching it for the Bkk n Beer night? Ill be on a plane! yes again!!!! we better be winning this. and you boys better be cheering us on! grrrrrr

ok rant over :D

No sorry Mgg....a Villa win to upset the apple cart.......maybe we'll watch maybe we wont.......not telling :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived