Arsenal

MiG16

If I was an Arsenal supporter and had paid good money to go to the Man U Cup game I would not be at all happy.

The radio commentator on the BBC world service this morning described them as "feeble" and not even bothering to give the impression of trying.

The so called big clubs have realised that apart from finishing in the top 4 of the League and progress the Champions League, nothing else is important, right?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I was an Arsenal supporter and had paid good money to go to the Man U Cup game I would not be at all happy.

The radio commentator on the BBC world service this morning described them as "feeble" and not even bothering to give the impression of trying.

The so called big clubs have realised that apart from finishing in the top 4 of the League and progress the Champions League, nothing else is important, right?

Well, I would suggest that United took it pretty seriously, as they were very much up for it. Probably the best they have played this season IMO, although Arsenal were poor, I think credit has to go to United who were better in every department.

I wasn't going to type in this forum today, as I fear the wrath of Mig, but oh well. What a great morning it has been so far.

United 4 - 0 Arsenal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7247143.stm

Some of the Arsenal players were angry when United midfielder Nani began showboating after his side had gone 4-0 ahead.

But Wenger defended his side, explaining: "We were incensed and most rightly so.

"It is difficult enough to swallow when you are three or four goals down - you do not want to be teased or humiliated."

Can someone pass Arsene Whinger a box of Kleenex?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7247143.stm

Some of the Arsenal players were angry when United midfielder Nani began showboating after his side had gone 4-0 ahead.

But Wenger defended his side, explaining: "We were incensed and most rightly so.

"It is difficult enough to swallow when you are three or four goals down - you do not want to be teased or humiliated."

Can someone pass Arsene Whinger a box of Kleenex?

:o

I'm just wondering if the Kleenex is for the tears, or because he's a total Merchant Banker.

I wasn't going to type in this forum today, as I fear the wrath of Mig, but oh well. What a great morning it has been so far.

as well you should :o

imagine...going to bed at 2.30am...wake up at 4am...only to see my team beaten 4 nil GRRRRRRRRRR

talk about a bad morning

imagine...going to bed at 2.30am...wake up at 4am...only to see my team beaten 4 nil GRRRRRRRRRR

talk about a bad morning

Watching football in Oz is just no fun. Especially if you get beat. :D

Mig, it must have been awful watching at that time of the morning, so if you missed it because of bleary eyes here it is. :D

post-31474-1203318433_thumb.jpg

The start of the anihalation

post-31474-1203318410_thumb.jpg

Oh dear.....

post-31474-1203318451_thumb.jpg

Easy, Easy... :o

post-31474-1203318460_thumb.jpg

Whose this happy chappy? :D

^^ :o

anyway.... moving on....

Wenger - When we are written off, we always respond well

Arsenal v AC Milan

"They will bounce back, don't worry. I'm highly confident in the quality, the mental strength and the ambition of this team. Many people have written us off from the start of the season up to now and we have always responded well." (Wenger)

want more?

• 2 weeks later...

AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal (agg 0-2)

Arsenal struck twice late on to become the first English team to beat AC Milan in the San Siro and deservedly reach the last eight of the Champions League.

Arsene Wenger's side produced a virtuoso display but had to wait until the 84th minute before Cesc Fabregas fired in a low 30-yard finish.

Emmanuel Adebayor then turned in Theo Walcott's cross in injury time to send the holders crashing out.

Fabregas hit the bar in the first-half as Arsenal dominated almost throughout.

Milan opened brightly, with Fabregas clearing off the line from Paolo Maldini's header at the near post, but once Arsenal found their stride they controlled the first 45 minutes in composed fashion.

Fabregas dictated affairs in midfield to even outshine Kaka, but the Brazilian escaped to set up Alexandre Pato after 18 minutes, but his finish was poor.

Arsenal were understandably furious after 32 minutes when Alexander Hleb was shown the yellow card for diving by Austrian official Konrad Plautz, even though he had been blatantly upended on the edge of the area by Alessandro Nesta.

And they were frustrated seconds later when Fabregas saw a rising drive from 20 yards rebound off the crossbar with Zeljko Kalac well beaten.

Arsenal could have taken the lead seconds after the break when Fabregas's corner landed at the feet of Senderos, but he could only send an instinctive finish straight at Kalac.

Emmanuel Eboue then wasted another glorious chance as Andrea Pirlo sent an awful pass straight to Adebayor. He found Eboue in space only 10 yards out, but he shot wastefully wide.

Milan had faded as an attacking force, but Pirlo kept Manuel Almunia on his toes with a dipping free-kick that was turned around the post by Arsenal's keeper.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger made a bold substitution with 20 minutes left, sending on Walcott for Eboue.

And within four minutes he almost set up a goal, only for keeper Kalac to stretch out a leg and block his cross with a collection of Arsenal players waiting to pounce.

Arsenal almost paid the price for their profligacy in front of goal with 12 minutes left when Pato was only inches off target with an angled shot that took a deflection off Senderos.

Arsenal finally got the goal they so richly deserved with six minutes left when Fabregas advanced and sent a low shot into the corner past the despairing dive of Kalac.

And a stunning performance got the final flourish it deserved when Walcott crossed perfectly for Adebayor to turn in at the far post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7272514.stm

LaoPo

please note the change in my signature. post ManU, and now post Milan

:o

:D

Good win, and well deserved Mig.

I'll be watching the FA cup quarter finals in Chimes(Sillypore) this weekend, who are Arsenal playing? :D:D

I'll be watching the FA cup quarter finals in Chimes(Sillypore) this weekend, who are Arsenal playing? :D:D

:o:D

BT

:o:D

BT

I think I'm going to cops some flack for that other post BT, when Mig is back online.

Archived