BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MiG16

Arsenal

One nil up playing against ten men after ten minutes, then concede a late goal through poor inept defending.  You don't knock out Athletico Madrid like that.  Arsenal not out of course but with Simeone's rigid, narrow, highly disciplined defense and the worry of a quick Greizeman/ Costa break its a bit of a mountain to climb.

Yet again, Wenger scant disregard for his defense and the obvious new blood needed last summer return to haunt Arsenal.  

If ever there was an explanation of why his time is up it was last night.  

27 minutes ago, carmine said:

One nil up playing against ten men after ten minutes, then concede a late goal through poor inept defending.  You don't knock out Athletico Madrid like that.  Arsenal not out of course but with Simeone's rigid, narrow, highly disciplined defense and the worry of a quick Greizeman/ Costa break its a bit of a mountain to climb.

Yet again, Wenger scant disregard for his defense and the obvious new blood needed last summer return to haunt Arsenal.  

If ever there was an explanation of why his time is up it was last night.  

I thought it was a very poor performance by arsenal,they dominated the first half but nobody knew how to score.

or was it a good performance by A.T.M.with a man down shortly after the start they pulled down the shutters and left arsenal to find they key,yes they scored 1,but atm.done better.to be honest I cant see simeone let this slip,hope I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, meatboy said:

I thought it was a very poor performance by arsenal,they dominated the first half but nobody knew how to score.

or was it a good performance by A.T.M.with a man down shortly after the start they pulled down the shutters and left arsenal to find they key,yes they scored 1,but atm.done better.to be honest I cant see simeone let this slip,hope I am wrong.

Well Chelsea went there and got a result but the circumstances were very different and Arsenal have nothing like the discipline that Chelsea possess.

There is no way that Arsenal side is going to Atletico and getting a result. Sums up the last couple of years that performance. 

On hols in UK/Europe. Family sucking the oxygen out of my footy watching and my tight schedule found me driving the girls from Cambridge to Luton while the game was on. No surprise we couldn't raise the game enough and will soon have been out of the big boys league for 2 years running. 10% chance of miracle game at their gaff! 

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

There is no way that Arsenal side is going to Atletico and getting a result. Sums up the last couple of years that performance. 

Stranger things have happened. Like how the hell did Wenger survive the last 22 years.

21 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

In many ways that performance mirrored the Wenger era of recent years.  Purely on a footballing point.....oh no can't do it, was going to say i have some sympathy for Arsenal fans, but i just can't.

I wish you many years in the doldrums and you all can stick your St Totteringham's day jibes right up your rear ends.

On 27/04/2018 at 11:39 PM, Rc2702 said:

Stranger things have happened. Like how the hell did Wenger survive the last 22 years.

A nonsense post or someone who doesn't recall how talented Wenger once was in England! 

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Buvac to manage Arsenal, sly dog

BBob on the red phone with Edin Dzeko.:shock1:

That would be a shocker.

I'd go with Viera, but I doubt the American owner is going to sign off on that one.

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Buvac to manage Arsenal, sly dog

Story is coming from Serbia sources but given Arsenal's Head of Recruitment worked with him at BVB, you never know!

Just now, wilai said:

Story is coming from Serbia sources but given Arsenal's Head of Recruitment worked with him at BVB, you never know!

Yeah, I saw those reports from the homeland. Funny, I was wondering if there was any connection between the new Arsenal big wigs and Buvac. Seems there is !

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

BBob on the red phone with Edin Dzeko.:shock1:

That would be a shocker.

I'd go with Viera, but I doubt the American owner is going to sign off on that one.

Viera answers to Sheik Mansour (bless him).

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, I saw those reports from the homeland. Funny, I was wondering if there was any connection between the new Arsenal big wigs and Buvac. Seems there is !

Probably not connected to his 'leave' from Anfield for remainder of the season. Apparently his father is unwell and he has been spending more and more time in Bosnia of late.

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Probably not connected to his 'leave' from Anfield for remainder of the season. Apparently his father is unwell and he has been spending more and more time in Bosnia of late.

Now that makes more sense.