BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MiG16

Arsenal

Truly disastrous! Might as well be owned by a loan shark. Knows nothing about football. He's a sharp financier and has probably spotted that the only clubs that make mega money out of football are the ones who spend big and, critically, are already at the very top of the tree. Getting there by splashing out is unlikely to put you there  ...  or at least is a high risk strategy, financially.

So, doing just about enough to keep in all the competitions (already downgraded to Europa not CL) and adding a dose of making money on cute buying/selling and the academy is the likely prescription. I give Emery 2 seasons at most before he goes somewhere else out of frustration - can't see him being a wingman for Kroenke's financial prudence a la Wenger.

Spot on Carmine - was quite looking forward to the season until that news came out. Unfortunately no died-in-the-wool Spurs-hating fans remain on this thread for you to wreak well-earned revenge on :-) 

44 minutes ago, carmine said:

Just when gooners thought things were finally on the up!!!!  ?

There does seem a lot of disheartenment about this. Although I think they might suprise us on the park this season. 

We'll still be an attractive team to watch .... as long as Aubamayang stays fit and injury free. Could be lots of high scoring games (both ways), particularly in the first few weeks, until Monreal or Kalashnikov regain fitness. A few of the talented youngsters might surprise too. You're right BB - a few good results could remove the pervading gloom.

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As long as you don't click on sunday, I'm ok for you to play some good stuff after that ?

They are one team I wouldn’t fancy playing first up. Stoked for you guys though ?

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As long as you don't click on sunday, I'm ok for you to play some good stuff after that ?

I'm almost hoping they beat you.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm almost hoping they beat you.

I wouldn't want you feeling any other way. ?

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

They are one team I wouldn’t fancy playing first up. Stoked for you guys though ?

Yeah. Could have had easier starts than Arsenal at their gaff but hey ho.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I wouldn't want you feeling any other way. ?

4-0 and bottom of the league for me to spend the season taunting you with it. ?

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

4-0 and bottom of the league for me to spend the season taunting you with it. ?

But could you live with the gloating from the other half? ?

Some great strengthening this season and a great forward line with lacazette and aubeymang. Expect Arsenal to be a lot closer than last 10 years this season. 

On 8/10/2018 at 12:26 PM, BangrakBob said:

Why not, City are a much stronger and settled side.  They have also strengthen with a proven midfielder.  Arsenal on the other hand will need time to show their best form.

It might go well for Arsenal,who knows but theres not a lot to suggest anything other than a City win

51 minutes ago, carmine said:

Why not, City are a much stronger and settled side.  They have also strengthen with a proven midfielder.  Arsenal on the other hand will need time to show their best form.

It might go well for Arsenal,who knows but theres not a lot to suggest anything other than a City win

Arsenal's back line is in tatters at the moment. Could be a few goals scored tonight.