Arsenal

MiG16

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, champers said:

Arsenal were great to watch. The key for me was that Spurs had a tough Champs League game in midweek and Arsenal rested most of their first XI in Kiev. The last 25-30 minutes took it's toll on Spurs.

Agreed, that's the way i saw it.  Unfortunately we didn't have the luxury of resting certain players with the Inter game being a must min.  Arsenal played very well and were worthy of the win nonetheless, i just wish we'd had played less football these past couple of weeks.

Agreed with all the above, including that both the Son pen and Vertonghen sending off arguably should not have happened and acknowledging that we were lucky to face Spurs after a gruelling CL first team appearance vs a mickey mouse tie in Ukraine easily sorted by our B team+academy line-up.

What now for Ozil? Respect to hard-ass Unai! The team that was playing at the end is the Arsenal best line-up IMO (Koscielney may eventually fight his way back in for Sokratis or Holding if he regains full fitness). That means re-contracting Ramsey and demoting Mustafi to B team or limited rotation. Iwobi, who was not quite as effective this time round, won the Bournemouth tie for us to my mind and would still be one of the main front men facing lower table line-ups.

Arsenal are awesome up front if both Lacazette and Aubama are on form/fit. Still suspect at the back - after Spurs' second I thought our defence were looking decidedly like the panic-stricken suckers that one remembers suffering 4 to 6 against by top 4 teams 2-5 seasons ago.

We might be talking about 'top 5 teams' in a couple of weeks time at this rate - with Everton, Man U and Bournemouth falling further behind. Long way to go yet though.

2 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Agreed with all the above, including that both the Son pen and Vertonghen sending off arguably should not have happened and acknowledging that we were lucky to face Spurs after a gruelling CL first team appearance vs a mickey mouse tie in Ukraine easily sorted by our B team+academy line-up.

What now for Ozil? Respect to hard-ass Unai! The team that was playing at the end is the Arsenal best line-up IMO (Koscielney may eventually fight his way back in for Sokratis or Holding if he regains full fitness). That means re-contracting Ramsey and demoting Mustafi to B team or limited rotation. Iwobi, who was not quite as effective this time round, won the Bournemouth tie for us to my mind and would still be one of the main front men facing lower table line-ups.

Arsenal are awesome up front if both Lacazette and Aubama are on form/fit. Still suspect at the back - after Spurs' second I thought our defence were looking decidedly like the panic-stricken suckers that one remembers suffering 4 to 6 against by top 4 teams 2-5 seasons ago.

We might be talking about 'top 5 teams' in a couple of weeks time at this rate - with Everton, Man U and Bournemouth falling further behind. Long way to go yet though.

I don't think Ozil fits in with Emery and the new Arsenal.  Doesn't appear you miss him either.

Would miss the one in 5 gorgeous performances, but you can't carry someone like him if the pressing game is being played up front. He'll either react positively and increase his consistency or be gone in Summer. His attitude to date leads me to suspect the latter - seems he thinks it's always the other guys fault!

Archived