Arsenal

MiG16

Good Morning.

A very swanky 3-1 (particular second half.) Win over Leicester at  The Emirates

Ozil was on song. with a sublime performance .!!!!

Perhaps the responsibilty of donning the Captan.s Arm Band has lifted him out of his so called Slumber.

All 3 goals were easy on the eye stuff.

Now to get our Wobbly defence in order.

If so. a  C/L place. is on the cards ..

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Good Morning.

A very swanky 3-1 (particular second half.) Win over Leicester at  The Emirates

Ozil was on song. with a sublime performance .!!!!

Perhaps the responsibilty of donning the Captan.s Arm Band has lifted him out of his so called Slumber.

All 3 goals were easy on the eye stuff.

Now to get our Wobbly defence in order.

If so. a  C/L place. is on the cards ..

Hold on, reality check........who have you actually played?  You have simply been gifted a long run of games against lesser opposition.  You played City and were easily beaten and you have another big clash coming up which you'll probably lose too.  Unai Emery seems to be doing a good job but you are nowhere near as good as you seem to think you are, particularly in defense.

The brussel sprout who's your highest paid player always goes missing in the big games or when it gets a bit feisty.  Not surprised he had a good game at home against Leicester but he'll just bottle it in the big games, especially away from home.

You won't qualify in the top four by being flat track bullies.

Let's see Carmine .... You can't deny that we are the most interesting team to watch for a neutral taken overall so far this season (I'm sure you will). Liverpool will be the acid test in 2 weeks time and I don't think they will be as comfortable as you are about our 'flat track bully' limitations. Haven't done the maths but would not be surprised if it showed that beating every team below us from this point on means a pretty certain CL place anyway😉

Didn't watch the game as I'm on family holiday and also just got diagnosed with a slipped disc and needing surgery. Good sleep is at a premium for the time being! Saw the extended highlights on YT though on waking in Khao Yai. Third goal - another absolute peach of a team goal. That's now at least 2 goals that would be in the running for goal of the season. As always I worry about the next game (Palace, even though [email protected] so far, they're gonna surprise someone sometime soon). Not an original thought, but the test will be how we react after our next setback.

I gather (from watching Robbie's fanTV this am - I know you love that so much Carmine) that even the diehard "in-wenger-we-trust" merchants are coming round to Unai. If you consider what he started with and where he's got to, he's probably manager of the season so far (repeatedly priceless early 2nd half substitutions, whereas Arsene had a faith in his starting eleven that oft defied belief). But that award is a close run thing with Sarri and Klopp.

Since I'm please to see that maximuss 99 has sticking power in here, just a word of welcome from me, which is overdue. Since you've probably gathered by now that I'm a bit of a 'plastic' I'm sure you'll get frustrated by my postings occasionally!

36 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Let's see Carmine .... You can't deny that we are the most interesting team to watch for a neutral taken overall so far this season (I'm sure you will). Liverpool will be the acid test in 2 weeks time and I don't think they will be as comfortable as you are about our 'flat track bully' limitations. Haven't done the maths but would not be surprised if it showed that beating every team below us from this point on means a pretty certain CL place anyway😉

Didn't watch the game as I'm on family holiday and also just got diagnosed with a slipped disc and needing surgery. Good sleep is at a premium for the time being! Saw the extended highlights on YT though on waking in Khao Yai. Third goal - another absolute peach of a team goal. That's now at least 2 goals that would be in the running for goal of the season. As always I worry about the next game (Palace, even though [email protected] so far, they're gonna surprise someone sometime soon). Not an original thought, but the test will be how we react after our next setback.

I gather (from watching Robbie's fanTV this am - I know you love that so much Carmine) that even the diehard "in-wenger-we-trust" merchants are coming round to Unai. If you consider what he started with and where he's got to, he's probably manager of the season so far (repeatedly priceless early 2nd half substitutions, whereas Arsene had a faith in his starting eleven that oft defied belief). But that award is a close run thing with Sarri and Klopp.

Since I'm please to see that maximuss 99 has sticking power in here, just a word of welcome from me, which is overdue. Since you've probably gathered by now that I'm a bit of a 'plastic' I'm sure you'll get frustrated by my postings occasionally!

Firstly best wishes and hopefully a positive outcome from your upcoming surgery Santi....back troubles are a debilitating injury.

On to your team and yes they can't be faulted at this point but sterner tests will come....I won't be judging any team until Boxing Day is over....then we will have a clear idea of who is really in the running.

Your new manager has done well to bring the misfits together but I still feel that team could well fold under some real pressure.

Jury out for me!

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

Palace aren't going to surprise Arsenal, you need to score goals, Palace don't.

Looking forward to the Arsenal match, they look revitalized and entertaining to watch.

Maybe you'll be the first team to actually score a league at Anfield, no one has done that since February. 

I see you roughly where Liverpool were before they bought in the lines of Vigil, as good as anyone going forward (maybe with exception of City) but still look like conceding. 

That said no doubting that you are going the right way at a greater rate of knots than most expected. 

Getting Ozil playing like he is and enjoying his football again is a real bonus. He is some player when he’s up for it. 

Sterner tests to come for sure but Arsenal fans must be well pleased with what they are seeing so far this season, weaker opposition or not.  

15 hours ago, jellydog said:

The Gunners are beating clubs they're supposed to beat. A far cry from last season and surely reasons for optimism.

Thats exactly my sentiments.  I just don't think anyone should get carried away just yet is all!!!

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thats exactly my sentiments.  I just don't think anyone should get carried away just yet is all!!!

What are you confused about Max?

Look, you've won ten in a row.  You can only beat the team you are playing and credit where credits due.  OK?

But, all i'm saying is, start talking top four, Arsenal are back and all that crap when you actually beat some of the big boys.  City beat you never having to move out of second gear and Liverpool are likely to beat you too.  And you concede soft goals.

Nothing to be confused about, its there for all to see.  But, doubtless, there are clear signs of improvement.

1 hour ago, maximuss99 said:

Another win away to Sporting + a clean sheet.

and ( barring a Totts serial choke)are through their group.

Torreira man of the match

have a lovely day to all

Watched that one 39,000 feet in the air. Live TV is nice on a flight !

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Details....

Thai Air flight from Milan to Bangkok. Three stations available, BBC, a Japanese broadcaster, and a sports channel, the name I forget. Sport 4 or something like that. They had the Marseille vs. Lazio game as well. It came in handy because 95% of the available movies were crap.

Another poor first half showing from Arsenal but Palace are playing well (didn't I tell y'all that sometime soon they would surprise a team just like Arsenal?)

Let's see if Unai can sort this one out. I don't like the look of Xhaka at left back one bit 'cos Guendozhi is OK as a defending midfielder but doesn't seem to have the eye for the long forward ball that exposes defences the way that Xhaka does (ok Xhaka also does a few stray passes as well but he is net more positive as defensive midfielder than Guendozhi). Not much clean ball is getting to Lacazette or Aubamayang.

Good boy Granit. Best quality we've got in the back half from a technical quality viewpoint IMO despite regular bloopers IMO.

Bladdy 'ell we're doing it again (when I thought otherwise at half time).

Archived