Arsenal

MiG16

it will be antique! :o

thats the whole point :D

Ive got one signed with Petit's siggie.......he wasnt my first choice :D but he was available :D

Ok, I work with a few Gooners, I will let you know if they have any shirts going! how much are you willing to pay me? :D

Antique shirt tittle tattle

An old mate whos a gooner has a terrific collection of antique shirts. Dont think many would be for sale though unless he was to fall on real hard times.

His grandad played for Arsenal in the 50s and when he died he left him his memorabilia amongst his championship and FA cup winners medals and england caps were some shirts, his england shirts were as worn on the day..dirt and all.

With that background I guess he was never gunner be a spurs fan!

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His grandad played for Arsenal in the 50s and when he died he left him his memorabilia amongst his championship and FA cup winners medals and england caps were some shirts, his england shirts were as worn on the day..dirt and all.

Id so luvvvvvvvvvv to meet him.......even online :o just to chat about it and he can show me his collection :D

Some pre-season fixtures

as per usual Arsenal will be part of the Amsterdam tournament (have to say its my fav friendly type thing.......having 2 of my fav teams Arsenal and Ajax!!) I almost went there in 2005 :o

but prior to that theres also this........

"The first-team squad then travel to Austria where they will spend eight days at a training camp and during which time will play matches against Turkish team Genclerbirligi in Bad Waltersdorf before visiting Austrian side FC Red Bull Salzburg."

this was one of those things I really really made an effort to go to....ok maybe not enough of an effort......while i was still struggling with Austria's regional train system to this unheard of place Bad Waltersdorf.......meantime tickets had all been sold out :D sighhhhh and I was hoping for it to be another opportunity for time with my fav squad....imagine when they hear I had travelled all the way from thailand to Bad Waltersdorf to watch their training game :D

but ofcourse it wasnt to be.....

now whos taking me to Amsterdam this year :D (i visited an empty stadium last year :D

• 3 weeks later...

Emirates Cup

Forthcoming Emirates Cup pre- season tournament, to be played at Emirates Stadium over the weekend of Saturday 28th July and Sunday 29th July 2007.

Saturday 28th July 2007

Inter Milan v Valencia (2pm)

Arsenal v Paris Saint-Germain (4.15pm)

Sunday 29th July 2007

Paris Saint-Germain v Valencia (2pm)

Arsenal v Inter Milan (4.15pm)

:o anyone gonna watch these games for me :D

End of an era Mig :o

Henry confirms Barcelona transfer

Thierry Henry says he is quitting Arsenal to join Spanish giants Barcelona on a four-year deal.

"I still must pass a medical on Monday but yes, I have chosen Barcelona," the 29-year-old striker told French sports daily L'Equipe.

Barcelona had already revealed that they were close to bringing Henry to the Nou Camp in a £16m deal.

Barca vice-president Ferran Soriano told Spanish sports newspaper Marca that talks were at an "advanced" stage.

Soriano added it was "the wish of all parties" for an agreement to be reached for the transfer of Henry.

He also insisted that Barcelona waited for the green light from Arsenal before making a move for the France international, who is the club's all-time record goalscorer.

"We don't want to point a gun at anybody," said Soriano. "We have good relationships with the European clubs."

Henry, who only agreed a lucrative new deal with Arsenal 12 months ago, also confirmed his exit in The Sun newspaper.

In an open letter, he blamed the shock departure of Gunners vice-chairman David Dein and continuing doubts over the future of manager Arsene Wenger as the main reasons for his decision to leave.

"Arsene has been part of my life for as long as I can remember," he wrote.

"Unfortunately and understandably, he has said that at this moment he will not commit to the club past the expiration of his current deal, which finishes at the end of the coming season.

"I respect his decision and his honesty but I will be 31 at the end of next season and I cannot take the chance to be there without Arsene Wenger and David Dein.

"This is solely my decision, no-one has forced me to do anything and I will represent myself in this transaction. I feel it is something I just had to do."

Henry, who has also been linked with European champions AC Milan, has also revealed why he decided to move to the Nou Camp ahead of other possible destinations.

"Barcelona are a wonderful club steeped in tradition and play beautiful football. I'm sure I will be very happy there," he continued.

"But I will miss the Arsenal fans dearly, they have supported me through thick and thin.

"They will always be in my heart, as will all the fans who make the game here so special. I will always have a special bond with Arsenal Football Club."

Henry began his career as a winger with Monaco in 1994 - under the supervision of current Arsenal boss Wenger.

He was in France's 1998 World Cup-winning squad and went on to join Juventus the following season.

But his time in Turin was a largely unsuccessful one and the player was soon heading to north London, with Wenger keen to get the best out of the prodigious talent.

The France international has since blossomed into one of the greatest talents in world football.

He helped Arsenal to two league titles and three FA Cups and led the Gunners to the finals of the 2000 Uefa Cup and 2006 Champions League.

In February 2006, he became the first Arsenal player to score over 200 goals for the club, with a strike against Birmingham, and has bagged a club record 226 goals in 364 appearances for the Gunners.

His consistency in front of goal ensured he finished as the Premier League's top scorer on four occasions.

He has won the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year title on two occasions and the football writers' player of the year three times. He has also twice finished runner-up in the Fifa world player of the year.

What a difference a season makes, from I'm here for life to Adios! :o

Henry Thrilled by Barca move

Thierry Henry has described his impending move to Barcelona as "incredible".

Barcelona have had a £16million offer accepted by Arsenal for the 29-year-old striker, who is set to sign a four-year deal with the Catalan giants.

Henry, who arrived in the city on Sunday night, is to undergo a routine medical on Monday and barring any unexpected hiccups will be presented to the supporters and media later in the day.

"It means a lot to come here and play with some of the best players in the world," Henry told Barcelona's official website.

"It is incredible and I am looking forward to playing in the Camp Nou and helping the team in every way I can.

"It is an honour to be here and I am sure I will represent FC Barcelona the best I can."

The website also claims Henry discussed the move with Arsenal team-mate Cesc Fabregas, who had been on Barca's books as a schoolboy, before agreeing to end his eight year stay in north London.

"Barca is more than a club. Everybody knows about Barca," added Henry.

"The most important thing that has made me come is the way Barca plays, the fans and the support they give.

"Without good fans it is difficult to have a good team and vice-versa. Their style of play is very attractive and has attracted me."

Henry, who missed the latter part of the Premiership season through injury, is expected to begin training in a fortnight's time and hopes to be fully fit when Frank Rijkaard's squad resume training on 20th July.

so as said.....the team will still make it without Henry......but whats crucial right now is that Wenger stays...and ofcourse the club realise how important that is too

they have extended his contract by another 3 years, with a 50% raise, and etc etc, plus some pocket money to buy new players......

those that have talked to me would know that much as I admire and fancy the skills of quite a number of Arsenal players over the years, I contribute most of the club's success to Arsene Wenger.....spotting young talent....putting them into a team.....and building quite a few to stars and some superstars level :o

Henry leaves......

The former captain made a massive contribution to the Club since moving to Highbury from Juventus in August 1999.

During his time at Arsenal, Thierry became the Club’s all-time leading goalscorer with 226 goals from his 370 appearances. He was also an integral part of the 2003/04 ‘unbeaten’ League season, won the Premiership twice, the FA Cup twice, the Premiership ‘Golden Boot’ four times, was voted the PFA Player of the Year twice and won the FWA Player of the Year on three occasions.

source: Arsenal.com

• 4 weeks later...

Ive not been here that much

but I came in to report that after initially getting excited, and then disappointed.....about the Arsenal vs Inter Milan game of the Emirates Cup (friendly) on Sunday 29th .....

I can now be YAYYYY hooray happy again :o:D

as a friend managed to get me ticket to the game....despite the Arsenal website showing this game as being sold out :D

so YAYYY Im pretty excited!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my cable TV is not working today :o of all days :D

so now I have to search for some place to watch it!! and yeh MrBoJ ...... see u on the field!!!

go gunners go gunners!! woohooo!!!

Arsenal vs ManCity

IMPRESSIONS OF ARSENAL

"Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Freddie Ljungberg, Dennis Bergkamp — look at the luminaries who have gone in recent seasons. And William Gallas and Jens Lehmann are out injured. You have to say it is a team in transition but we saw firsthand at City three seasons ago when Arsenal brought up an Under-21 side for League Cup game and knocked a full-strength City team out. You could see then that they’re not going to struggle for players coming through. I expect Arsenal to finish in the top four again because they play some of best football in the League, the kind you’d pay to watch. But it will be a good game on Saturday. City are a more confident team than Arsenal will have faced and they’ve not given a goal away yet. It should be a close contest."

source

OI!

this isnt the prediction thread grrrrr!!

i hate to say this...but Im thinking it might be 1:1

(always predicts pessimistic so as not to cast a jinx on her team) :o

ahhhhh hooray!!!

Arsenal 1: 0 ManCity :o:D

sorry Mrbo

by the way I went to watch it at Gullivers...and I wasnt too pleased with it. there was too much going on........

those that were questioning and concerned for Arsenal's chances without the so-called big stars can now stop worrying :D anyway to me they are just the more experienced players.....Arsenal will continue to build new young stars :o Henry was no super star when he arrived Arsenal.......

Sunday game

2nd Sept 2007

will someone report on this match for me when the time comes please :o Ill be somewhat ermmm occupied......and wont exactly be able to access the game on TV

thanks

I cant believe you've got him, he is a quality player, he was going to be our new Maka! oh well we will see! :o

Arsenal take Diarra from Chelsea

Arsenal completed a late move to sign midfielder Lassana Diarra from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

The Gunners say the 22-year-old Frenchman, who can play at right-back, has signed a long-term deal.

The former Le Harve player said: "I have great respect for the manager Arsene Wenger and am attracted by the style of football that the team plays.

"Of course I am excited by what the future holds and keen to play my part in helping Arsenal fight for trophies."

Lassana Diarra, who has played for France in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign, will wear the number eight shirt.

Wenger added: "Lassana is a multi-functional player, making him a great addition to our squad. Not only is he hard working, he has a creative edge and is comfortable playing in the middle of the pitch or at right-back."

Fabregas scoops Player of the Month award

Cesc Fabregas has won the Arsenal.com Player of the Month award for August polling over 50 per cent of the vote.

bergkhamp has trained him well :o

read more here :D

Archived