PM Prayut urges all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem

webfact

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure the most of the prostitutes studies Medicine or Engineering, had a great quality of education and graduated with at least a Bachelor degree. That is exactly why they willing choose to enter the sex industry.

Till this date, I have not heard any Thai barely suggesting increasing expenditure for public schools or sending a team to another country to study how they can improve the quality of their  teachers and teaching methodology. No one has ever come out with a 5 year pan to attract foreign investors for the country.These buffoons do not give a shit about their own people and given the chance to drive, they are exactly the ones who would speed zig zag while texting or playing pokemon , a game deeply meaningful and profound to them.

On 3/1/2018 at 3:01 PM, srchino said:

Most family tourism is much more annoying to me than what comes along with the sex tourism, and I don’t partake in either; people pushing kids in strollers that are perfectly old enough to walk or small enough to carry in very crowded areas, screaming kids in hotels, families leaving tables in restaurants filthy like pigs, etc etc.

Ban family tourism, there are places for that sort of ilk, like Disneyland. I like Thailand how it traditionally has been - a place for adults to enjoy a variety of pleasures, whether that’s serene relaxation and clean massage or something of the more stimulating variety where there’s a mutually consensual exchange of money for service one cannot usually find in their home country.

Yes, and what do you tell the Thai parents what to do with their kids? Leave them at home? They can be just as noisy and often more undisciplined an obnoxious than the tourists' kids.

Anyway, you're not the only one calling for "Peace and Order" in Thailand, are you?

I still don't get why some people complain about Pattaya should be made 'family friendly'. If they don't like it go somewhere else. There are plenty of Russian families go anyway.

As to family friendly, what does that mean? What is wrong with going there with children? I am not suggesting there should be no age limit for bars and go-gos but just that the world should not be so puritanical about what essentially a natural act. Again, the puritanical seem to have lost the logic that it is just sex and why should it be covered up? This is a world-wide phenomena and not just Thailand but these people just need to step back and see the irrationality of trying to cover up that people have sex, enjoy it and are prepared to pay for it.   

I know this girl, 22 year old and has 2 kids by run-away Thai man fathers.......

She was tired of selling her body in a massage shop and I helped he re-locate back to living in Udon with her Grandma....... She found work in a local restaruant for 6,000 baht, 8,000 after 3 months...... Working about 2 weeks a male customer was touching her body sexually and offered 2,000 baht for her to go to a hotel with her...... She complained to the boss and she laid out of work for a couple days....... about that time I called her and she 

told me the story........ I suggested that she tell the Thai Guy to 'back-off' or she will talk to the police............... guess............. She replied to me........... He is a POLICE..........

And our present PM (who Probably is in the same class as that cop) is talking to Thai's about trying to wipe out prostitution and clean up Thailand's 'Face'.............

My Thai wife has 2 of her 3 brothers that are Thai RTP Cops...... and they are just as bad....

Funny or not????????? 

3 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

I know this girl, 22 year old and has 2 kids by run-away Thai man fathers.......

She was tired of selling her body in a massage shop and I helped he re-locate back to living in Udon with her Grandma....... She found work in a local restaruant for 6,000 baht, 8,000 after 3 months...... Working about 2 weeks a male customer was touching her body sexually and offered 2,000 baht for her to go to a hotel with her...... She complained to the boss and she laid out of work for a couple days....... about that time I called her and she 

told me the story........ I suggested that she tell the Thai Guy to 'back-off' or she will talk to the police............... guess............. She replied to me........... He is a POLICE..........

And our present PM (who Probably is in the same class as that cop) is talking to Thai's about trying to wipe out prostitution and clean up Thailand's 'Face'.............

My Thai wife has 2 of her 3 brothers that are Thai RTP Cops...... and they are just as bad....

Funny or not????????? 

Probably wants the staff discount rate too. 

Although Thai staffs are not much to boast about. 

(so I have been told haha) 

3 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Funny or not????????? 

Sometimes the girls are run away girls and let the moms do the job with their kids . Girls from Udon Thani seem one way the other dangerous, the web is full of stories about dramas between Thai girls and foreigners but also about too early deaths killings etc...

6 K for working in a restaurant is pretty good for Isaan, generally speaking, and topping it by 2 K might be when the girls say yes to go with the customer. Do you even know how "serious" the restaurant is? A male customer was "touching her body sexually" shouldn't be a problem for a woman who knows how to deal with men, please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make her bad now.

Such an incident would never be the reason to stop working for a couple of days. If the customer grabs also other girls it's very easy to get rid off him, there are other ways than calling the cops.  

What I don't understand is that you seem to believe the whole story as it was told . Would the girl be a friend of your wife then your wife would have helped her to relocate. No Thai wife would be willing to help her foreign husband to help a girl who made money with helping men to feel better. 

Did you help the girl without the knowledge of your wife, or are you on your way to go away from your wife just to stay with a younger girl? 

Why did you write funny under your post? It's not funny when you're trying to help somebody who only tells you lies. And I'm not somebody who comes to Thailand for a week every year. I live here for 15 years. 

14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

or seen through the pretense, false orgasms are so off putting. I remember a comical pamphlet doing the rounds once in my office in Germany about why it is better being a man from 1 to 10 the tenth was "your orgasms are real".

Aren't Germans obsessed with the 'backdoor'? Not surprised that their partners tend to fake it :laugh:.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:01 PM, thaiguzzi said:

The sex industry set up for Westerners is but a drop in the ocean here, compared to the "domestic" market set up Thais and SE Asians. I doubt more than 5%. It's just highly visible, ie Pattaya, Phuket, Nana, Cowboy etc.

Every Thai knows where the high class Soapy massage establishments are in EVERY city here. Every market town will have 5-10-15 knocking shops which double up as karaoke bars, many run or owned by the cops.

There was a cat house about 5 houses up from my first rented house in Loei back in 1977.  It was just a regular house but you could tell from the line of guys outside on paydays. On one slow day, one of the gals got curious and stopped by my house.  Gave me a free sample. 

During (U.S.) Peace Corps training, our Thai teacher took some of us to a place in Khon Kaen.  They had girls sitting in rows of bleachers in a lit-up, glassed-in booth.  They wore numbered badges.  The viewing room was dark.  One low price, just pick a winning number.  Afterwards, our teacher said we had "arrived" at Khon Kaen.  Thai expression. 

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Arrest the foreign johns and the reputation would dry up in a month. Anything short of that is meaningless. 

Except that, in this age of information, Thailand's huge internal prostitution racket would still get flagged up. Or maybe you are being cynical?

25 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Except that, in this age of information, Thailand's huge internal prostitution racket would still get flagged up. Or maybe you are being cynical?

I really don't know what you're on about.

The stated problem was the international reputation as a major draw for sex TOURISTS from abroad.

Mass arrests of those very same sex TOURISTS and that reputation changes to someplace for sex TOURISTS to be sure to AVOID at all costs. 

What happens between Thais would be irrelevant.

They could also of course close down all the sex tourism businesses that mostly cater to non-Thais.

If the Thai authorities were actually SERIOUS about this, this is a "problem" that would super easy and quick to fix.

But they're not serious.

The economic impact of such a move would not be acceptable. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

I really don't know what you're on about.

The stated problem was the international reputation as a major draw for sex TOURISTS from abroad.

Mass arrests of those very same sex TOURISTS and that reputation changes to someplace for sex TOURISTS to be sure to AVOID at all costs. 

What happens between Thais would be irrelevant.

Huh?? The op is about the gobsh1te-in-chief asking people to help eradicate prostitution. Thailand could eradicate it's sextourism by doing what you say. But all the human rights organisations would still be on it's case because Thailand taking your advice would only remove about five percent of prostitution in Thailand, and human rights organisations are not stupid, and they would still be flagging up Thailand's prostitution problem to the world's media.

58 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Huh?? The op is about the gobsh1te-in-chief asking people to help eradicate prostitution. Thailand could eradicate it's sextourism by doing what you say. But all the human rights organisations would still be on it's case because Thailand taking your advice would only remove about five percent of prostitution in Thailand, and human rights organisations are not stupid, and they would still be flagging up Thailand's prostitution problem to the world's media.

Again, what are you on about?

From the OP --

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha urged all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem so that Thailand will not be seen as a sex destination by foreign tourists.

This is about foreigner perception. Like I said, easy to fix if they really wanted to. Won't be though. Because the desire is obviously to wipe away the embarrassing face losing image without actually doing anything hard that would kill the golden goose for so many Thais including some very rich and powerful ones.

Next ... 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again, what are you on about?

From the OP --

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha urged all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem so that Thailand will not be seen as a sex destination by foreign tourists.

This is about foreigner perception. Like I said, easy to fix if they really wanted to. Won't be though. Because the desire is obviously to wipe away the embarrassing face losing image without actually doing anything hard that would kill the golden goose for so many Thais including some very rich and powerful ones.

Next ... 

Fair point, but they are not going to wipe away foreign perceptions, because of the reasons that I have pointed out.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

Fair point, but they are not going to wipe away foreign perceptions, because of the reasons that I have pointed out.

I don't agree. If they did the obvious, as I mentioned, Thailand would almost instantly lose it's reputation as the leading SEX TOURISM destination on the planet and instead have a reputation of a country that arrests sex tourists. That's what they want -- they CAN do it.

Again, everyone knows that they won't. 

Just now, Khun Han said:

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree, unless you can come up with some empirical evidence which points the debate in a different direction.

You're not talking about the topic. You're talking about another issue of much less international pop culture interest. You don't see jokes in Hollywood movies about the stuff you're talking about. You see it often about Thailand sex tourism. The topic is the SEX TOURISM reputation. No interest either in further "debate" with someone that just wants to deflect from the topic. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You're not talking about the topic. You're talking about another issue of much less international pop culture interest. You don't see jokes in Hollywood movies about the stuff you're talking about. You see it often about Thailand sex tourism. The topic is the SEX TOURISM reputation. No interest either in further "debate" with someone that just wants to deflect from the topic. 

I would love to be able to make sense of the above post.

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

i personally see no problem if a country or region or area was known for prostitution.  If the prostitutes give good service, charge a fair price, and treat their customers well, then let adults do what adults want

Holland is well known for prostitution. Never been a problem and also a draw card for tourists.

Archived