BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

PM Prayut urges all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem

PM Prayut urges all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem

Maybe he is referring to mostly ugly overweight and old newbies joining the business? This is a real problem!

5 minutes ago, tigermoth said:

Not only will Thailand lose a significant amount of their national income but so will the police who receive a handout from almost a 100% of all the night spots here, ask anyone in the trade.

Precisely, which makes his comments even more ludicrous. 

Actually- most of the bars and GoGo clubs are supplied with girls by agents and recruiters.

33 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

Please.. whilst I don't agree with people who grossly exaggerate the sex tourism figures in regards to GDP, if there is one place where the shit would hit the fan after a serious crackdown on prostitution, then it is certainly Pattaya. I certainly would not want to be around to see the aftermath.

"Of the 17%, non sex tourism would be the vast majority of it."

Source? you didn't put one................ after barking at  a guy for similar

4 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

So? Close it all down, how hard can it be? It's all a bit passé anyway. A 'playground' for uneducated ne'erdowells, and slobbering drunkards. 

Is that so ?

So tell me when did the mantel of god settle on your shoulders.

I happen to know plenty of farang guys who play in LoS,  many of them tertiary qualified professionals, some retired others not so.

I can number Doctors, Naval Officers; Lawyers and Barristers; Army officers (including myself) and successful businessmen among others who actively monger in Thailand.

IMO the drunken fools seen around Pattaya are only the loud and visible minority, something for the media to feed on rather than reality.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Some might think; why kill the golden goose? Take the girls away from the centers and the pussy chasers would go elsewhere.

The way to go is too pay the girls more to keep their legs closed than to open them up. I favour a voucher system but I doubt than Ch-o-cha could get his head around that. He is after all a soldier who has not mastered any English.

"I favour a voucher system "    Gift vouchers, what a great idea !  555

1 hour ago, RKASA said:

There is as much if not more prostitution in the us and any other country as Thailand - The only real difference is the price, most of the most successful girls in the US have good lawyers.  You can change the style and the location, but in the end it is about easy money at the level you can find it. 

There is no shortage of women looking out to hook up a guy with the cash, car, house or what ever she can get out of it.  By any other name it is the same thing.  That is not saying all women all like that - it is just saying a certain % will always go that route if they have the equipment for it. 

They (here or there) are just as moral as any politician I know of.

That is such horse sh.i.t.

In the UK, similar sized population, get a semi-ugly fat brown dude (colour opposite as this debate is CLEARLY about white farang on the whole and majority of UK residents are white...) spam ten chicks on a dating site and offer $50 for a night of sex, see how many bite your hand off. Do it in BKK, watch that number double.

Similar size population. Completely different culture.

Just to stop repeatedly talking about sex-tourism as a problem would probably change focus.

And I believe it would be much more beneficial in the overall image to do something to about tourist-scams, like overpriced this and that – including taxis not driving on the meter – and the feeling of safety, with attacks on tourists (several incidents reported in media over the past few years), and the fear of stray bullets when Thai rivals shoots on each other (not only thinking of yesterday's Jet-ski episode, but also that a young tourist was hit and died a few years ago), which may damage more than some redlight area dancers...:whistling:

Another case of being seen to be done. An impossible instruction to relevant authorities.

But even if they just address commercial areas, and are successful in making a difference to what we have now, what are the long term ramifications of these actions?

Stand by for a stampede of freelance product, which will certainly be a bigger deterrent for normal family tourism that it is now with at least most of the girls (and boys) behind closed doors.

This just isn't going away.

Nevertheless, the prime minister suggested that Thai people should not prolong the talk on this issue which would only serve to cast the country in a bad light.

Yes but Thai people concerning anything else need to be quiet good little sheep or face the wrath. Thailand's self imposed leadership and hypocritical regime already casts a shade of bad light. this guy is way too much!

Reality for him, you would think fastest way to another coup is stop all soldiers from having their R&R with bar girls. Then this leads to economical disaster as it spreads out. 

6 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

That is such horse sh.i.t.

In the UK, similar sized population, get a semi-ugly fat brown dude (colour opposite as this debate is CLEARLY about white farang on the whole and majority of UK residents are white...) spam ten chicks on a dating site and offer $50 for a night of sex, see how many bite your hand off. Do it in BKK, watch that number double.

Similar size population. Completely different culture.

Does not matter whom, color of client or location - the problem of prostitution is the same everywhere and the only difference is cost.  That is why some come here and why it it here even if they didn't come here.  You confuse bottom feeders with real pro's - their are places all over A.L. and the rest of the world that would never allow you in the door without a visa card checked.  Ask any pro basketball player or others - been in the news countless times over - haidy flis or what ever her name is among just a few.  Same thing in England - sorry if that pops a moral bobble for you - but the number of women that do this does not matter about the economy - only the level at which they work. The only real problem is whom gets a cut of the action.  As far as places like Pattaya - if you go to the dump you find trash.  People that can't afford it at home come to Pattaya or in it - something like that.

4 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Do you imply that Thai men tend to pump all into the same hole?

Might as well be, all look same same.