BANGKOK 24 March 2019 20:24

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

PM Prayut urges all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem

1 hour ago, steve2112 said:

Perhaps he's thinking there is another reason to come to Thailand.

I came for the food and the temples! :smile:...........oh!.........and the smiles.

7 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

So called?  What would you call morals?  Is there such a thing? 

To forget one's morals is to contribute to the decadence of society.  More importantly, it is to be willfully ignorant of one's eternal interests--to sacrifice one's hope of eternal existence for a few very short moments of pleasure.  I say it's not worth it.  The eternal prize is worth risking everything for, and giving up everything in the effort, as an olympian does in seeking the gold medal.

And that statement right there alludes to the solution.  I think, as unpopular as their efforts have been portrayed, the attempts by the Shinawatras to strengthen the economy among the poorer classes were as much effective toward alleviating the core basis for prostitution as any.  Very few women desire such an ignominious and disagreeable "job."  Providing them better means of supporting themselves and their families would be the most efficient method of elevating the country out of its shame.

And who decides on the "Morals" question of what is right and what is wrong...YOU? Before getting on your high horse and deciding how everyone else should live..Think about what you are saying...History is littered with people going on "Moral" crusades and the net result is normally oppression or worse. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your "holier than thou" attitude is ridiculous. It is not called the oldest profession in the world for nothing, but of course you think everyone should bow to your way of thinking, behave how you approve. The Netherlands, Germany, Poland has legalised this business...I do not see them falling apart at the seams.     

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I came for the food and the temples! :smile:...........oh!.........and the smiles.

His delusional and not suited to drive the wheel. He will break these people

6 hours ago, gbswales said:

There will be some token clean ups in places  not contributing enough tea money. Then the prices charged will rise and nothing will have changed except the takings. Just accept the sec trade and that many of the tourists (including some of their older kids) walk the streets specifically to gasp at it. Amsterdam has the same kind of tourist but it doesn't damage anything there.

Just clamp down on the number of garish signs and designate specific areas. Even if you do that you will still see family tourists going to look.

As for people with young kids they will spend 90% of their days at the beach or hotel pool. I don't remember my kids ever wanting to walk around the town or visit markets

In Amsterdam the Red Light district is only having tourists taking pictures. If Thailand would legalize cannabis it would more look like it. Coffeeshops in Amsterdam are loaded with tourists.

So it will be the end of Walking Street, Soi Cowboy, Nana and PatPong. No more "Me so h*rny, me love you long time" will be ending Thailand's tourism, but the high quality Chinese tourists will keep coming to World's high class resort town called Pattaya. 

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Is this man for real?

He opens his mouth 1 day, there is no prostitution here, next time he speaks, he wants people help solve the problem that  he says does not exist.

Better for him just shut up say nothing.

The guy can't be serious to speak about Pattaya only. Then they'd have to shot down Bangkok, the places we foreigners know are quite different to the places the Thai men, girls, lb go to.

But you need a Thai guy to show you where all these places really are.

BTW, what does one night in Bangkok for people who are not living here actually  mean? The whole country's reputation is based on their usually beautiful ( prostitute) women, with partly shady character. 

One night in Bangkok has hardly anything to do with temple sightseeing, isn't it? Soi Cowboy seems to be clean, good job, general. 

Soi Cowboi.jpg

2 minutes ago, Herbie 100 said:

And who decides on the "Morals" question of what is right and what is wrong...YOU? Before getting on your high horse and deciding how everyone else should live..Think about what you are saying...History is littered with people going on "Moral" crusades and the net result is normally oppression or worse. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your "holier than thou" attitude is ridiculous. It is not called the oldest profession in the world for nothing, but of course you think everyone should bow to your way of thinking, behave how you approve. The Netherlands, Germany, Poland has legalised this business...I do not see them falling apart at the seams.     

I let the Ministry of Culture decide what is right and what is wrong....they are well versed in morality. :tongue:

4 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

In Amsterdam the Red Light district is only having tourists taking pictures. If Thailand would legalize cannabis it would more look like it. Coffeeshops in Amsterdam are loaded with tourists.

So it will be the end of Walking Street, Soi Cowboy, Nana and PatPong. No more "Me so h*rny, me love you long time" will be ending Thailand's tourism, but the high quality Chinese tourists will keep coming to World's high class resort town called Pattaya. 

Not everybody's choice....I've been to A'dam many times, but never took a photograph of the red light area. 

amsterdam-red-light-district.jpg

all Mr PM has to do is show some strength,

and order all Thai wives to lock down and curfew their somchai

that will end it... as 'there is no prostitution in Thailand' 

In the world theatre's eyes

8 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Stop seeing it as a problem and the issue will go away. Most of the population does not see it as a problem.

Yup.  When the ‘great’ PM finds a suitable substitute way of earning money for these poor and under educated girls........ he could have success.  

Just asking the sex workers to learn for their families to live with starvation..... to save his and Thai ‘face’ won’t do it.  

17 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

The temples give me the creeps, the food the runs and the smiles; well time to check if the wallet is still there. I came for the fishing and the world class sports.

Then enforce the rule of law! But you might need a lot of new police.

Everywhere has it.  Not just Thailand.

my home in San Bernardino, California has loads of it. Holland, Germany , Philippines, Norway , Italy, Kenya, Nigeria, Australia, Moscow.  They all got it. It is ‘Everywhere’

Even if he thinks he is a magician he can’t make it go away.

By offering these girls alternatives and making THAI boys/men support the babies they make for these girls so prolifically. 

Suggest he transfer cash earmarked for submarines to education a dn training The poor standard of education leads young girls to seek out money via prostitution

If he won't do that then I suggest he keep his mouth shut

How long have these guys been in power? Isn't it a bit late and a weak way to solve this problem? Let me hypothesize that these guys have taken advantage of the situation before. Maybe there are too many the economic viability of the business for the Thais that run it? Is this vote getting?

Has the situation worsened or improved during their mandate? I rarely visit these areas, but I do not recall seeing Africans doing business in those areas in the past. Just observing.