Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

PM Prayut urges all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem

Recommended Posts

Most family tourism is much more annoying to me than what comes along with the sex tourism, and I don’t partake in either; people pushing kids in strollers that are perfectly old enough to walk or small enough to carry in very crowded areas, screaming kids in hotels, families leaving tables in restaurants filthy like pigs, etc etc.

 

Ban family tourism, there are places for that sort of ilk, like Disneyland. I like Thailand how it traditionally has been - a place for adults to enjoy a variety of pleasures, whether that’s serene relaxation and clean massage or something of the more stimulating variety where there’s a mutually consensual exchange of money for service one cannot usually find in their home country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In 1967 was it notorious among US troops in Vietnam as a place to go for fun? I can find no evidence now, that it was.

In fact, there is very little about the early days of Pattaya, other than it was a beach with a fishing village till about the late 60s.

The internet does NOT have the answer to everything.

I'd certainly be interested if someone started a thread that was actually there then.

I am not aware that it was notorious for US troops in 1967. As I mentioned in another post, we went on a recommendation from an old American we met in Bangkok who had a guesthouse in Pattaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, srchino said:

Most family tourism is much more annoying to me than what comes along with the sex tourism, and I don’t partake in either; people pushing kids in strollers that are perfectly old enough to walk or small enough to carry in very crowded areas, screaming kids in hotels, families leaving tables in restaurants filthy like pigs, etc etc.

 

Ban family tourism, there are places for that sort of ilk, like Disneyland. I like Thailand how it traditionally has been - a place for adults to enjoy a variety of pleasures, whether that’s serene relaxation and clean massage or something of the more stimulating variety where there’s a mutually consensual exchange of money for service one cannot usually find in their home country.

 

One of the things I always liked about Pattaya was that there were no families with their prams blocking the pavements, and their shrieking offspring in restaurants. I fear that is changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One of the things I always liked about Pattaya was that there were no families with their prams blocking the pavements, and their shrieking offspring in restaurants. I fear that is changing.

I rarely encounter these families. They mostly go to tourist traps. Not sure how expats would have a problem with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People sell their body for money. 99% of prostitutes in thailand catering to locals or longnoses are POOR girls. Im not saying 100% because on tvf there's always 1 who will claim "he knew a girl who did it for the fun"... so if Prayutosaurus wants to deal with it he must deal with poverty. Unfortunately this man and his supporters NEED poverty (and ignorance) in order to exist. In other words: kin khao yang?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean government officials are no longer allowed to have 

sex with prostitutes / second wife .
Or is it just a rule for the rest of the Thailand's citizens :shock1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which will cause all the plans to turn sow's ear Pattaya into a silk purse to fail.

Hurrah!

Umm, no.   The plans continue...and might even be accelerating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I disagree. The scene is but a pale resemblance of what it once was when it was a large component of a small town. Now, it is a business struggling to fill too many bars while the girls are going on line.

It could become something like Hua Hin with a very small scene and it would not be as severe as you think for the larger city that has a very small area actively involved in the night life.

    Well, something we agree on.   Pattaya used to be a much smaller city and the bar scene was a big part of it.  Now, Pattaya is much larger, continuing to grow, and the bar scene is a smaller part of it and growing smaller with each passing year.  

     However, you continue to believe that the only reason to visit Pattaya is for the bar scene--which seems to be at odds with what is driving Pattaya's tremendous growth and attracting the millions of non-bar scene tourists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The foreigners using thai prostitutes is maybe 10% of the business? Thai girls will always do this work if they see it as easy money and they gain face back home by supporting whole families, tourists or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys (rightly) pointing out that the vast majority of men utilizing prostitutes are Thai are missing the point: it’s not the actual prostitution that’s bothering Prayut, otherwise this would’ve become a thing much much earlier; it’s the loss of face he and the country suffered as a result of some politician from Africa disparaging Thailand for its (well deserved?) worldwide reputation. That is all about the 10% of foreigners who go home to their own countries raving about how nice it is to P4P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

??????????????????????

Other than a few rather sad gogos on Soi 6/7/8 and Yamato/ Post Office/ Boystown area, the only gogo of significance is Tahitian Queen that is not in Walking St area or LK Metro. Hardly "dominating" but even if they were, so what? Is that a problem?

Last time I looked there were 2 soapies on Second, and almost opposite each other. Hardly an overabundance, and even if there were, so what? Would that be a problem?

Hookers on Beach, yes, but spread out and hardly any north of Central Rd. Not exactly a "problem" for any that are not interested.

 

I fail to see why bars are so unsettling given it's a party town, and people know that before they set foot in the place. It's like being critical that Las Vegas has casinos and gambling.

"It's like being critical that Las Vegas has casinos and gambling." Excellent simile!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, srchino said:

You guys (rightly) pointing out that the vast majority of men utilizing prostitutes are Thai are missing the point: it’s not the actual prostitution that’s bothering Prayut, otherwise this would’ve become a thing much much earlier; it’s the loss of face he and the country suffered as a result of some politician from Africa disparaging Thailand for its (well deserved?) worldwide reputation. That is all about the 10% of foreigners who go home to their own countries raving about how nice it is to P4P.

 

And aint that always the case in the Land of Smiles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM Prayut urges all parties concerned to help solve prostitution problem

......meanwhile.....all prostitutes urge Prayut to help solve the corruption and election problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...