North v South

wilai

Apparently Lukaku's idea....I hope he didn't expect to  be picked himself:cheesy:

Anyway, even though City's first XI would arguably be the best North team on their own, I've tried to include others. So, players from a minimum of 4 different teams please. Injured players ie Mendy can be included.

Here's an initial go:

North Team

De Gea    

Coleman Van Dijk   Mee Mendy

de Bruyne Matic Silva  

Salah Aguero Firmino  

South         
    Courtois    

Azpilicueta Alderweirald   Vertonghen Davies

Eriksen Dembele Arnautovic  

Aubamayang Kane Hazard  

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That's a pretty strong North line up that Wilai. Think we'd do the Suvverners with that. Mendy's a gamble as we haven't really seen much of him to form an opinion and I would swap De Gea for Ederson though :thumbsup:

Me too....Can't replace de Gea tho'....without him Maureen would be facing a relegation battle.:clap2:As for Mendy, the little I saw was very impressive. Other than him I'd have put Robertson in...and been accused of bias no doubt:smile:

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Can't replace de Gea tho'....without him Maureen would be facing a relegation battle.

Very true but at least De Gea has a defence in front of him. Ederson is often left on his own to guard the whole of his own half. Playing either CB/GK doesn't phase him :smile:

This would be my North:

De Gea

Valencia Mee Bailly Walker

De Bruyne Fernandinho Pogba

Salah         Aguero        Alexis

Assuming everyone fit and on form... so probably not to 'all star' guidelines. 

^^ Fair enough, I have always gotten Rose and Walker confused - as to who is RB and LB. Who is a decent LB then? No suggestions and I'll have to stick Ashley Young in :) 

As said it is based on being on form. Pogba has had some average games but I think we know what he is capable of. 

Great thread.

Oop  North

De Gea

Valencia VVD Lascelles Young

Ferdandinho De Bruyne Silva

Salah Aguerro Sterling

Manager. Phil Parkinson, Bolton.

Darn Sarf

Curtois

Trippier Azpilacueta Alderwierald Kolasinac

Kante Ramsey Erikson

Zaha Kane Hazard

Manager. Ian Holloway, QPR.

De Gea

TAA                VVD              Mee             Robertson

Fernandinho         De Bruyne           Silva

Salah                       Firnino                         Mane

This team would beat anything you put together from the South.

Just now, wilai said:

^ Triple LFC defence....pundits will have a field day:clap2:

That's right Willers, the lazy ones, still referring to capitulationS of last season.

We've only had 2 this season, that was Arsenal and Savilla, we drew those. Now with VVD (the greatest CB in the history of football) we are poetry in motion. Also the boys at the back are there to feed and link up with the 3 assassins up top, they know their game??

Honestly though, I find it hard to watch other teams besides City. That United, Chelsea match was so boring. We are a fantastic football team and we are getting better. Sorry to hijack, but I really love our football ?

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Thanks Champers. Lascelles is a good call...I didn't think of him. Don't like Sterling on the left (and he wouldn't get in front of Mo on the right) that's why he didn't make mine.

Interesting that City play their wingers on their natural sides and Liverpool don't. Both methods seem equally effective.

Sterling is 50% less effective on the left compared to his natural right. Sane can't play on his unnatural right side. Bernardo is always played on the right so consequently has to check backwards. Play players on their natural side - far more effective.

47 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

with VVD (the greatest CB in the history of football) we are poetry in motion.

Comedy gold.

Liverpool have conceded nearly double the goals of both United and City, yet you have three Liverpool defenders in your all star team. Not taken this too seriously have you? ^__^

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sterling is 50% less effective on the left compared to his natural right. Sane can't play on his unnatural right side. Bernardo is always played on the right so consequently has to check backwards. Play players on their natural side - far more effective.

Mo Salah says Hello Trigg:cheesy:

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Comedy gold.

Liverpool have conceded nearly double the goals of both United and City, yet you have three Liverpool defenders in your all star team. Not taken this too seriously have you? ^__^

we haven't conceded nearly more than double about 50% more and that's where it gets distorted 9 of those goals were conceded in 2 matches. 1 of which we were on top of City away until we had a man sent off. 

We've attained 44 points in 19 matches since losing to Spurs in October.

You're GD is no better than ours. And we create more chances than your team do. And we now have VVD, we are getting better in defence, but I don't expect us to be a park the bus and hope for a break from a big man up top type team any time soon. We just need to concede a few less not a lot less.

And as I said those back 3 were chosen to go forward not sit deep.

11 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

we haven't conceded nearly more than double about 50% more and that's where it gets distorted 9 of those goals were conceded in 2 matches. 1 of which we were on top of City away until we had a man sent off. 

We've attained 44 points in 19 matches since losing to Spurs in October.

You're GD is no better than ours. And we create more chances than your team do. And we now have VVD, we are getting better in defence, but I don't expect us to be a park the bus and hope for a break from a big man up top type team any time soon. We just need to concede a few less not a lot less.

And as I said those back 3 were chosen to go forward not sit deep.

I admire your effort in trying to spin it, but United have conceded 20 goals, Liverpool 32.

And you are right - your attack is better, hence GD being the same.

So.... shall we just agree that United have the better defence, Liverpool the better attack, and that you should probably have more United defenders than Liverpool defenders in an all star team?

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I admire your effort in trying to spin it, but United have conceded 20 goals, Liverpool 32.

And you are right - your attack is better, hence GD being the same.

So.... shall we just agree that United have the better defence, Liverpool the better attack, and that you should probably have more United defenders than Liverpool defenders in an all star team?

Yes, I can agree you have better defence, but I cannot agree to having more United defenders. Our game is not based around defending, we don’t have a defensive midfielder, we play a different game. United’s game is generally based around defending. 

If we played the same tactics as you we might have a better defensive record. 

What I will say is, sure we had a horror run with personal that were not up to the system Klopp employeed, but that’s  being fixed,  you just need to look at the transformation under VVD. This is the beginning, it’s only going to get tighter at the back, next stop best goalie on the continent ?

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"1 of which we were on top of City away until we had a man sent off"

Yep you were losing 1v0 at the time :-)

Sure, plenty of matches are like that. Liverpool were getting in behind and causing problems. 

We proved we are capable of thrashing you in the return leg?

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Sure, plenty of matches are like that. Liverpool were getting in behind and causing problems. 

We proved we are capable of thrashing you in the return leg?

1st game City were leading but having a problem with Mendy leaving Salah 1 on 1 with Otamendi.

Yeah you played well in the 2nd game and City's defence played kamikaze football for 10mins. 

Archived