North v South

wilai

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually Bob in the game at Anfield wasn't it 1v1 and City dominating after halftime (I remember thinking we were going to go on and win it) THEN our defence committed harikiri. 

we are the only team to open you a new one and that was alll about our attack. 4-1 against arguably the best team in Europe and we let you have 2 silly goals to make it look respectable.

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You can't predict the outcome of one game, by a crazy 10 minutes in a different game Bob

Yes it’s a shame we didn’t get see 11 on 11 that day.

2 of the most entertaining teams in Europe. And we are both in the last 8 now. 

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

we are the only team to open you a new one and that was alll about our attack. 4-1 against arguably the best team in Europe and we let you have 2 silly goals to make it look respectable.

I know we are BOTH biased towards our teams but "open you a new one and that was alll about our attack" your clearly having a laugh. We weren't great. Liverpool were better. You deserved to lead at HT but Sane levelled it. We were on top first 10mins or so of second half and looked the most likely to score THEN softlad Stones was weak vs Firmino, a decent shot from Mane and a gift from Ederson to Salah and we were 3 down all by comedy defending more than about your attack (granted they put away the gifts away we presented them with) before we woke up and pulled 2 back. The best team on the day won but come on recall it as it was not through rose coloured glasses.

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yes it’s a shame we didn’t get see 11 on 11 that day.

2 of the most entertaining teams in Europe. And we are both in the last 8 now. 

Do you need to see a pic of Ederson's stitched up face again to recall why you deservedly went down to 10 men?

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sterling is 50% less effective on the left compared to his natural right. Sane can't play on his unnatural right side. Bernardo is always played on the right so consequently has to check backwards. Play players on their natural side - far more effective.

So, by your reasoning, do you think Salah would have been 50% more effective if he had played on his natural left side rather than playing on the right? If so, that means he would have scored 45 goals by now instead of only 31. Herr Klopp take note.

1 hour ago, champers said:

So, by your reasoning, do you think Salah would have been 50% more effective if he had played on his natural left side rather than playing on the right? If so, that means he would have scored 45 goals by now instead of only 31. Herr Klopp take note.

Strange how Jurgen has missed that....especially as he would have seen Arjen Robben playing on the left for a few years:wink:

"Bernardo is always played on the right so consequently has to check backwards. Play players on their natural side - far more effective."

Didn't look like that when he buried the first last night!... nice one Trigg. Keep on giving!:clap2:

1 hour ago, champers said:

I have no idea whether  "Salah would have been 50% more effective if he had played on his natural left side rather than playing on the right" as I only see him occasionally when I bother to watch a bit of liverpool. I gave you examples of City players which I think most City fans would agree with.

As City and Liverpool are alight right now, (in fact City have been all season and I keep waiting for them to hit a brick wall, but it isn't happening and it doesn't seem that it will), United are plodding along in second and the 'South' powerhouses are in a semblance of turmoil, you can't stop talking about yourselves. A far cry from last season when Chelsea and Spurs dominated. However, I'll have a go at picking a team from the South so here goes (4 - 3 -3):

Lloris, Azpilicueta....Vertonghen....Alderweireld.....Monreal.

Eriksen ......Kante........Dembele

Arnautovic........Kane.........Hazard

Archived