Recent enquiry by me to Craiglist.co.th Advert for Motorcycle ; Suspicious ?

Dear Fellow Thaivisa.com Posters.

Please find below essence of email just received by me.
Some details -- Make, Model, Price -- of Motorcycle I have omitted.

This reply follows enquiry by me to "Craiglist.co.th" Advert for Motorcycle ;
Suspicious ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HELLO
I just read your mail regarding the sale of my bike ...
I confirm that it is still available to ... bath last price.
The bike  has no mechanical or electronic problem
And all its papers are
in order.
It is not rugged and or stolen,
the bike  is well maintained,
its interior is also clean,
and it presents the features and photos below:
(Characteristic of the bike 

I'm Doc i worked in Thaïlande for 2 years  
and i'm assigned now to another country
 Currently I am abroad  .
I'm here in FRANCE  where i have to do 3 years for work in
medecine before come back to bangkok  
the bike is still my home at bangkok
Before moving, I have entrusted my bike to a colleague IN  bangkok
that the proxy from the sale and you will meet him to finalize the
sale.
I don't sell it for money because it's worth more than that.
My colleague will come to you in order to deliver the bike with :
all its papers in orders
&
a copy of my identity card.

Regarding the deed of sale I had already pre-established and signed
the seller part so you will fulfill only the buyer part with my
colleague.

If you still interested, leave me your contact information as follows.
I will convey my colleague who will contact you to finalize the sale

NAME .............................
FIRSTNAME .......................
PHONE NUMBERS...
DELIVERY ADDRESS OR APPOINTMENT..OR   .public location near you...........

Waiting for your coordinate if you are a serious buyer

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ABOVE REDACTED BY "Our Man in the Tropics" FOR THAIVISA.COM POSTERS MORE EASE OF READING

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics

What I don't like: you should give your personal information/phone/address, while he and his "colleague" still hide in anonymity.

Why doesn't he give you a contact information of his colleague?

Why this detour?

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

What I don't like: you should give your personal information/phone/address, while he and his "colleague" still hide in anonymity.

Why doesn't he give you a contact information of his colleague?

Why this detour?

Thanks for the insight....

47 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

It's a nicked bike. Note the transaction location - your place or a public location.

Yes, another strange method.

Every seller would be happy if you come to the place where the bike is, do the paperwork at the DLT and take the bike with you.

Total scam, I would never buy any vehicle if I can not see and talk to the owner that has his name on the green book....pass.

When I went to change the green book to my name from my friend who sold the bike to me, he had left the country just a few days before that day and after giving me all the forms he filled up and signed in front of me. But the copy of his passport's visa page (required) was 1 day passed on that day. The guys at the land transport office noticed it right away and said the owner has left the country as his visa expired yesterday....!?! He had signed a power of attorney but that was not enough.

They went back and forth and called the main boss, he came over and said where is the owner and I said he is my friend and left yesterday but I couldn't come yesterday, it's just one day for heaven sake. He said if the visa of the buyer or seller expired they don't do the transaction, but as it is only one day it's okay..... what luck !

Although office by office may differ, that is what they said in Phuket. (I bet Thai agency guys do this stuff all the time, after farang owners have left, but they know how and where to pass the tea money....)

Hello im Martin from Belgium ,abouth the Yamaha Tricity for abouth thb 25000 They ask to me ,and the same story ,i contackt him an he send me the same info like you ,first whe meet us in Pattaya ,after in Bkk ,yes he is a french medic lives now back in France and a friend gonna do all the paperwork ,no problelm ,he ask for monny ,and i answer yes you come to Bkk ore Pattaya ,and whe make the deal when everything is ok ,green book exetera also i ask his friend mobile nr ,and yes a miracle ,he never answer again an the ads was deleted the same day ,now a question for all the buyers ,look outh because on Craiglist are manny SCAMS ,just answer when they give a legal addres and mobile nr for contact , not give your info tho the man before you have the bike and the papers ath the registration office then you now its ok 

Best Regards 

Martin 

• 1 month later...

This guy seems to be still active on Craiglist, just sent me the exact same email above about a Honda Forza which he is selling a bit under the usual price. I asked him to send his friend and bike to Phuket and he went quiet... lol

3 hours ago, Our Man in the Tropics said:

Maybe the advertiser is trying to hack email accounts of those who engage with them using their email accounts ?

That is a very good point, when you email him on Craigslist email address for the ad he does not give you any information but instead asks you "could you please send me your email address and I will send you more info directly" !

I didn't think about it much but that is correct that he wants your email. Well, he has mine but nothing else. Perhaps he can sell it off so I receive a lot of junk but that is not an important email of mine, I receive a lot of junk on that anyway....

• 1 month later...

It is the same who wont to sel me first a tricity and secand a forza ,

jackson penth ([email protected])

Are you the same person who make every thime the same story ,im a doc hahahahahah you scumbag 

MK
movic karma <[email protected]>

Beantwoorden|
do 4/01, 13:28
U

U hebt geantwoord op 6/01/2018 12:33.
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE2ZjkxLTI1MmQtZjQwNi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAOZ96I7N%2B1vSq9iMG36AcQ8BwDV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAACQCsAAADV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAFiiMSBAAAAARIAEABI7OKuZB6XQrH%2B9GnDANE4&X-OWA-CANARY=ArQ-2Ei04kCGYP724ue7DKC6HEg5ydUYSk7HymOYHj3Jtaq8O5cP5a1iSVWRmPU-vUzCf5WjYwY.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.X-WC6FJBfQtiGVmvQ23adQiabejiTUdr4lUnz4eVYsomZvEYtI1fa5G_R27QRzbzf6DgEeLx3tVLOe8UeG0do_u2srYD_SDWyjR8TssyFZyt0-SV4FR3Kv86D--LZbU6sSmKYYcDjbyTqz5lciGwGxxJT2M9c6TlSG_ZOM7GuzjiVNzD4vmSTSRNSBSB17B76iLTtt0qGdfo5KfKzd2Ny_YtuuAJUla1I1CD_ZRRoC0niRldx2RFQz4kGdv7ttZE0vey7lDMbeccHNC-5nZsYoscWkP9DVoaD8MksOixCiIUUQTJL0t4Cj4QDzq90c7BMtfELL5fCYWqeOGh0d-k4A&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE2ZjkxLTI1MmQtZjQwNi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAOZ96I7N%2B1vSq9iMG36AcQ8BwDV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAACQCsAAADV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAFiiMSBAAAAARIAEABh3nvRBxtgS4qrQmoUEayE&X-OWA-CANARY=ArQ-2Ei04kCGYP724ue7DKC6HEg5ydUYSk7HymOYHj3Jtaq8O5cP5a1iSVWRmPU-vUzCf5WjYwY.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.X-WC6FJBfQtiGVmvQ23adQiabejiTUdr4lUnz4eVYsomZvEYtI1fa5G_R27QRzbzf6DgEeLx3tVLOe8UeG0do_u2srYD_SDWyjR8TssyFZyt0-SV4FR3Kv86D--LZbU6sSmKYYcDjbyTqz5lciGwGxxJT2M9c6TlSG_ZOM7GuzjiVNzD4vmSTSRNSBSB17B76iLTtt0qGdfo5KfKzd2Ny_YtuuAJUla1I1CD_ZRRoC0niRldx2RFQz4kGdv7ttZE0vey7lDMbeccHNC-5nZsYoscWkP9DVoaD8MksOixCiIUUQTJL0t4Cj4QDzq90c7BMtfELL5fCYWqeOGh0d-k4A&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE2ZjkxLTI1MmQtZjQwNi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAOZ96I7N%2B1vSq9iMG36AcQ8BwDV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAACQCsAAADV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAFiiMSBAAAAARIAEAAu3U6ieWYOR7pVTGLeBBc9&X-OWA-CANARY=ArQ-2Ei04kCGYP724ue7DKC6HEg5ydUYSk7HymOYHj3Jtaq8O5cP5a1iSVWRmPU-vUzCf5WjYwY.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.X-WC6FJBfQtiGVmvQ23adQiabejiTUdr4lUnz4eVYsomZvEYtI1fa5G_R27QRzbzf6DgEeLx3tVLOe8UeG0do_u2srYD_SDWyjR8TssyFZyt0-SV4FR3Kv86D--LZbU6sSmKYYcDjbyTqz5lciGwGxxJT2M9c6TlSG_ZOM7GuzjiVNzD4vmSTSRNSBSB17B76iLTtt0qGdfo5KfKzd2Ny_YtuuAJUla1I1CD_ZRRoC0niRldx2RFQz4kGdv7ttZE0vey7lDMbeccHNC-5nZsYoscWkP9DVoaD8MksOixCiIUUQTJL0t4Cj4QDzq90c7BMtfELL5fCYWqeOGh0d-k4A&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE2ZjkxLTI1MmQtZjQwNi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAOZ96I7N%2B1vSq9iMG36AcQ8BwDV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAACQCsAAADV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAFiiMSBAAAAARIAEAAiuEbRGs4FQLoUyfV1Xthj&X-OWA-CANARY=ArQ-2Ei04kCGYP724ue7DKC6HEg5ydUYSk7HymOYHj3Jtaq8O5cP5a1iSVWRmPU-vUzCf5WjYwY.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.X-WC6FJBfQtiGVmvQ23adQiabejiTUdr4lUnz4eVYsomZvEYtI1fa5G_R27QRzbzf6DgEeLx3tVLOe8UeG0do_u2srYD_SDWyjR8TssyFZyt0-SV4FR3Kv86D--LZbU6sSmKYYcDjbyTqz5lciGwGxxJT2M9c6TlSG_ZOM7GuzjiVNzD4vmSTSRNSBSB17B76iLTtt0qGdfo5KfKzd2Ny_YtuuAJUla1I1CD_ZRRoC0niRldx2RFQz4kGdv7ttZE0vey7lDMbeccHNC-5nZsYoscWkP9DVoaD8MksOixCiIUUQTJL0t4Cj4QDzq90c7BMtfELL5fCYWqeOGh0d-k4A&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE2ZjkxLTI1MmQtZjQwNi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAOZ96I7N%2B1vSq9iMG36AcQ8BwDV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAACQCsAAADV%2BGuhV84qQLOLAORZdvrtAAFiiMSBAAAAARIAEACuWassFKNFR5fzlWh%2BzgS4&X-OWA-CANARY=ArQ-2Ei04kCGYP724ue7DKC6HEg5ydUYSk7HymOYHj3Jtaq8O5cP5a1iSVWRmPU-vUzCf5WjYwY.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.X-WC6FJBfQtiGVmvQ23adQiabejiTUdr4lUnz4eVYsomZvEYtI1fa5G_R27QRzbzf6DgEeLx3tVLOe8UeG0do_u2srYD_SDWyjR8TssyFZyt0-SV4FR3Kv86D--LZbU6sSmKYYcDjbyTqz5lciGwGxxJT2M9c6TlSG_ZOM7GuzjiVNzD4vmSTSRNSBSB17B76iLTtt0qGdfo5KfKzd2Ny_YtuuAJUla1I1CD_ZRRoC0niRldx2RFQz4kGdv7ttZE0vey7lDMbeccHNC-5nZsYoscWkP9DVoaD8MksOixCiIUUQTJL0t4Cj4QDzq90c7BMtfELL5fCYWqeOGh0d-k4A&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Alle 5 bijlagen (915 kB) weergeven Alle downloaden 
Alles opslaan in OneDrive - Persoonlijk

HELLO
I just read your mail regarding the sale of my bike Yamaha TriCity  . I
confirm that it is still available to 25 000 bath last price. The
bike  has no mechanical or electronic problem and all its papers are
in order. It is not rugged and or stolen, the bike  is well
maintained, its interior is also clean, and it presents the features
and photos below:
(Characteristic of the bike ) 

2016 TriCity with 55,00 km  
 I'm Doc i worked in Thaïlande
for 2 years  and i'm assigned now to another country  Currently I am
abroad  . I'm here in FRANCE  where i have to do 3 years for work in
medecine before come back to bangkok  the bike is still my home at bangkok
Before moving, I have entrusted my bike to a colleague IN  bangkok
sale. I don't sell it for money because it's worth more than that. My
colleague will come to you in order to deliver the bike with all
its papers in orders And a copy of my identity card.
colleague.
PHONE NUMBERS...
DELIVERY ADDRESS OR APPOINTMENT..OR   .public location near you...........

Van: jackson penth <[email protected]>
Verzonden: zondag 3 juni 2018 9:14
A
Onderwerp: HONDA FORZA 300

HELLO
I just read your mail regarding the sale of my bike Honda Forza  . I
confirm that it is still available to 60 000 bath last price. The
bike  has no mechanical or electronic problem and all its papers are
in order. It is not rugged and or stolen, the bike  is well
maintained, its interior is also clean, and it presents the features
and photos below:
(Characteristic of the bike ) 

2016  Honda Forza with 3200  km  
 I'm Doc i worked in Thaïlande
for 2 years  and i'm assigned now to another country  Currently I am
abroad  . I'm here in FRANCE  where i have to do 3 years for work in
medecine before come back to Pattaya  the bike is still my home at Chonburi
Before moving, I have entrusted my bike to a colleague IN  Chonburi
sale. I don't sell it for money because it's worth more than that. My
colleague will come to you in order to deliver the bike with all
its papers in orders And a copy of my identity card.
colleague.
PHONE NUMBERS...
DELIVERY ADDRESS OR APPOINTMENT..OR   .public location near you...........

He’s still trying the same story to sell 2 underpriced Suzuki boulevards on Craig’s list..... bloody chancers everywhere, recently had some muppet expecting me to make a deposit on a 250cc centaur I saw in a local FB  buy/sell group before i’d even been out to look at (the probably non-exsistent) bike. 

Police authorities around the world should have very sharp teams to pursue advertisers like this ;

And,  get proper international co-operation when necessary.

Of course, the relevant premises apply per the police jurisdictions in question

e.g.

Innocent until proven guilty

Anyway, the hosts -- free or not -- should secure particular security information from advertisers ahead of allowing the advert to offer up on their publication.

Thanks for ur interest in this phenomenon ;

The dodgey / dubious internet advert, & even dodgier / dubiousier follow-up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I thinking more that that a likely intent -- if actually dodgey / dubious -- is for to hack into :

responder's internet account

& / or

responder's computer / smart-phone

So it seems all the underpriced vehicle on craiglist is suspected as scammer ? I also notice about this from few months ago on bikes categories and we even communicate by SMS, they just replied that the bikes is still available and the price is correct, location mostly on Pattaya.

One strange guy on Craigslist has been selling slightly obscure cars like Opels or VWs for years. He pretends in the ad that the cars are his and he has owned them for awhile. Clearly just working off commission for a car lot somewhere. Uses different phone numbers. His ads always have weirdly placed capitalization. I think he is legitimately selling the cars, probably, just lying out hos ass about their history.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

One strange guy on Craigslist has been selling slightly obscure cars like Opels or VWs for years. He pretends in the ad that the cars are his and he has owned them for awhile. Clearly just working off commission for a car lot somewhere. Uses different phone numbers. His ads always have weirdly placed capitalization. I think he is legitimately selling the cars, probably, just lying out hos ass about their history.

https://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/cto/d/hot-deal-beautiful-vw-passat/6611549177.html

So here's the second stage of the scam.

This was a Yamaha - it was seriously underpriced.  I did a Google Image search and found that it was from a genuine sale on Bahtsold in Phuket from April.

So the idea is to get the buyer to send the money in advance, thinking they are getting a great deal.

I reported the ads (there's two) to Craigslist and they've been suspended - but a search on the email address found the same scam for cars in Cyprus and more bikes in Thailand.  Also reported the gmail address to Google - but I guess it's easy for the scammer to set up another account.

But if we report all the suspicious ads we happen to see, we can at least reduce the impact of the scum.

HE DELIVERY IS CONFIRMED  FOR THE TOMOROW  EVENING AT 17PM   TO THE

ADDRESS OF THE APPOINTMENT.  (Note - no place for appointment was agreed yet)

BUT YOU MUST KNOW THAT HE DOES NOT WISH TO RECEIVE THE MONEY IN

CASH BECAUSE IT IS NOT SAFE FOR HIM. THIS IS WHY I SUGGEST YOU THIS :

BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF MY COLLEAGUE, YOU WOULD PREPARE A CHEQUE OF  25 000 THB

, IT IS MEAN THAT YOU WILL GO TO A BANK  (this was not the price in the ad - so seems to be a standard text)

OR MONEYGRAM TO MAKE A MONEYGRAM OF 25 000 THB   AND AFTER THAT YOU WILL KEEP

JEALOUSLY THE RECEIPT THAT THE BANK WILL GIVE TO YOU .

ONCE YOU HAVE THE RECEIPT, THERE WILL BE A SECRET INFORMATION WHICH IS

THE MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER (REFERENCE NUMBER ). THIS IS YOUR

SAFETY AND WARRANTY AND THAT IS TO BE CONSIDERED AS THE LIQUIDITY OF

THE MONEY.  (this is nonsense)

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT UNTIL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION (REFERENCE

NUMBER ),NOBODY CAN TOUCH YOUR MONEY. EXCEPT YOU COMMUNICATE IT TO THE

BENEFICIARY, SO WITHOUT GIVING IT TO ME BEFORE I CAN NOT RECEIVE THE

MONEY. YOU WILL GIVE THE INFORMATION (REFERENCE NUMBER ) ONLY WHEN THE

BIKE  WILL BE AT YOUR DOOR TOMOROW EVENING. THEN IF EVERYTHING IS OK ,

YOU WILL CONTACT ME IN ORDER TO GIVE ME HE INFORMATION

(REFERENCE NUMBER ) SO THAT I CAN WITHDRAW THE MONEY.

YOU KEEP YOUR RECEIPT WITH THE SECRET INFORMATION (REFERENCE NUMBER )

WITH YOU AND WHEN MY COLLEAGUE WILL COME WITH THE BIKE  TOMORROW EVENING

AT 17PM ,WHEN HE ARRIVED,YOU WILL MAKE THE TEST-DRIVE OF THE BIKE  DURING

1 HOUR AND TAKE A TIME TO CONTROL ALL ITS DOCUMENTS. BUT IF THE BIKE  IS

NOT SUCH AS YOU WANT,YOU CAN RETURN TO THE BANK AND WITHDRAW YOUR

MONEY  WITHOUT FEAR BECAUSE YOU ALONE KEPT ALL THE INFORMATIONS

(REFERENCE  NUMBER) ABOUT YOUR MONEY. IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS CONDITION

LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS IN ORDER TO PREPARE YOUR

RECEIPT AT THE BANK TOMOROW MORNING, THIS WILL BE FOR ME THE

CONFIRMATION THAT YOU HAVE REALLY THE FUNDS (MONEY) AND YOU ARE ALSO A

SERIOUS BUYER.

NB : YOU ARE FREE TO REFUSE TO PURCHASE IF AT THE DELIVERY OF THE BIKE 

YOU  DISCOVER ANY FAILURE. YOU CAN MAKE SURE THE BIKE  IS CONTROLED BY

YOUR MECHANIC BEFORE BUYING, ALL THIS FOR YOUR SATISFATCION

SEE THE WHEBSITE

http://www.cimbthai.com/en/personal/products/money-transfer/money-gram.html

(no name on the mail, no contact details)

• 2 months later...

Scam. Convoluted & bizarre story. The "owner" is neither  a doctor nor educated. Nor is it a biker. No biker would describe his bike in that way...

ID theft comes to mind. More and more Nigerians want you to open a bank account instead of the usual prepayment scams.

• 1 month later...

Archived