Video: Renting a motorbike in Pattaya? Watch this first.....

webfact

Video: Renting a motorbike in Pattaya? Watch this first.....

222.jpg

video screenshot

A video issued by the Pattaya City authorities should act as a warning to any tourists thinking of renting a motorcycle or otherwise taking to the roads in the resort.

In six minutes of horror it shows around a dozen accidents involving motorcycles at intersections in the city.

Some are clearly the fault of the riders themselves while in others the blame can be laid at the door of other vehicles.

Several feature an old adage not missed on Thai posters making comments on the Pattaya News page on Facebook.

"Always wait a few seconds when your light turns green".

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-02

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

What about " ragdoll " by the 4 Seasons .. 

mabey  one of our talented tvf members could set this up to music....we await your choice maestro...

Sad to say, because so many serious accidents, but this might be a comedy hit at Cannes Film Festival. Just a bunch of morons with no sense at all in traffic.

Regarding the choice of music, it will in many cases be a good choice of R Kelly with I Believe I can Fly.

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Sad to say, because so many serious accidents, but this might be a comedy hit at Cannes Film Festival. Just a bunch of morons with no sense at all in traffic.

Regarding the choice of music, it will in many cases be a good choice of R Kelly with I Believe I can Fly.

Not to mention " Broken bones " by Kaleo 

It has always amazed me how motorcycle riders can look directly at on coming traffic and wait until the traffic is close then dart in front of it. Dad, Mom and two kids on a motorcycle and make a u-turn without looking for traffic is another unbelievable problem.

Most of these accidents were easily preventable... No one was driving defensively... Reaction times were absolutely shockingly slow... The silver car drove slowly several more meters with motorbike and people underneath them! Just awful driving all around. They got more money now.. To buy thier very own car or truck or motorcycle... but they have zero clue as how to safely drive the vehicle!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They can't all be drunk some have to be stupid, hard to fix . More attention has to be given to those that run red lights. Don't assume it's safe to go just because you have a green light make sure everybody else has stopped. When making a left turn look both ways as there may be somebody coming on the wrong side.

13 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

at 2:59 the silver car actually veers the WRONG way to avoid the collision! Stupid people on bike.. but the driver had no clue how to avoid them

I suspect (though we cant see) there where U turners in the furthest right hand lane so the car driver unfortunately for the bikers  chose the other way...but no sign of any attempt to apply breaks !!!!

just plowed straight into them...must have hurt a bit !!!

Quite a few of those accidents are the fault of motorbike drivers who are just plain dumb and as a motorbike drivers should be more careful, hence the accidents were easily preventable on their part.

The one @3.00 is truly shocking the motorbike passengers flew up in the air a long way from the accident itself. That should be a warning to all.

After seeing the original post  I've banned my wife from driving a motorbike in CM. She's only allowed to drive in the village from now on ??

Archived