Video: Renting a motorbike in Pattaya? Watch this first.....

webfact

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing to watch! Regardless of who is to blame in each scene it seems that each and every one of them could have been easily avoided if just one party had paid any attention to what is happening around them. No Attention, no foresight and sadly zero skills in driving a vehicle. The only thing thatwill ever stop this is education, eduction, eduction!

2 hours ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

You are looking at death, injury and you twits want to make snide comments.  It is so easy to make fun of these people, isn't it.  Damn, I get disgusted by the attitudes of so many farangs sometimes.

If you happen to read the whole list you will understand most of the responses are related to the video none of whom have been confirmed dead and are reasonable responses

ok i will tell you my secret, then i will have to kill you, he he, and it is -- i always wait for a few Thais to go first, you know how it is you pull up at what you think is the front of the traffic, no its not, as half a dozen will pull in front of you, i let them go, hey presto the junction is clear, oh maybe a few bodies strewn here and there but you are safe from the ensuing carnage

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Were those people riding and driving? A pack of buffaloes would have more road sense.

speeding - ignoring traffic lights - using mobile devices and just blatant stupidity, all breaking the law at will because there is no law enforcement, the police believe their job is to clean up the carnage after it happens and charge people ..................... prevention (is there even a Thai word) and proactive law enforcement.........before it happens, simple concept - why don't they get it ?

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

this needs only a great sound track  ,may I suggest the theme to ''benny hill'',or ''we are the champions'' by queen..

As a biker, i dont see a funny side to this.  

32 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

As a biker, i dont see a funny side to this.  

Sorry, but you have to laugh at the absurdity of it. I laugh at those Youtube videos where skateboarders who try and ride down railings slip and get their balls crushed. Hilarious.

As if I needed more encouragement . . . I moved back to Pattaya in early January from Vietnam. Rented a moto three times. I have many years of riding here, Cambodia and VN, but the Pattaya traffic is now even more chaotic with all the heavy buses, stark displays of ineptitude by the locals and even more numerous inexpert, overreaching foreigners riding motos -- the latter almost comedic in their lack of experience and skills if weren't for the drastic consequences.

I won't be renewing my 5-year licence next month, because it seems to me that an accident is a matter of when, not if.  

I have two falang neighbours who have both suffered serious accidents. Both are long time residents and experienced bike riders, yet their luck finally ran out. One suffered serious brain damage and will never recover.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I have two falang neighbours who have both suffered serious accidents. Both are long time residents and experienced bike riders, yet their luck finally ran out. One suffered serious brain damage and will never recover.

A Scandinavian friend told me the sad story of two of his friends. While waiting at a red light, a car plowed into them from behind. One was killed and the other had catastrophic injuries. I don't doubt there are many such stories of foreigners being killed or severely injured.

17 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Of the few riders wearing helmets you will see that they all came off !  This video is scary and should be shown repeatedly on National TV every night.

Thais only have a crash helmet on to keep the sun or rain off them,

no point in doing the strap up.

No point in showing it on tv,  it will only be  entertainment for them,

to laugh at there fellow citizens,  bad luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing that matters is,  money,    so hit them hard in the pocket and you will get there attention. 

Remember Money Number One. in Thailand. :thumbsup:

Just saying :jap:

46 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, but you have to laugh at the absurdity of it. I laugh at those Youtube videos where skateboarders who try and ride down railings slip and get their balls crushed. Hilarious.

Sorry but i don't laugh at crushed limbs, broken backs and ruined lives.

4 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Sorry but i don't laugh at crushed limbs, broken backs and ruined lives.

I laugh at the sheer stupidity of it. All avoidable if one scintilla of common sense was used. I don't take any pleasure from the thought of ruined lives either.

I cant't laugh about this slaughterhouse.

My estimate for brain dead ratio is 75% motorcycle riders vs. 25% four wheelers.

Some scenes are simply unbelievable.

What I learned quickly here: don't be first at the light, take extreme caution at any turn.

The rest is bad fortune (brain dead driver plowing in from behind etc.).

Be sober, avoid night drives when possible.

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

I know some of it was painful just to watch .. And Thailand is hosting a Motogp Grand Prix later this year .!.!

Yes cant wait for it i've already booked my hotel in Buriram.

So whats the problem with that, there are no Thais in the race and no traffic light junctions either no idiots in these races 5555.

I don't have any pity for these people in the accidents if they don't care about there own lives then why should I they want to take the risks then pay the consequences at least they wont be a danger to other innocent people on the roads.

I see many falangs driving in the same way as Thais, and sometimes I shout out of the car window at them "DRIVE LIKE A THAI DIE LIKE A THAI"

For example the falang that gets hits by a car at the crossing he has got a big bike showing off wants to be first, the car that hit him was in the wrong going threw red lights, but if he would have set off more steady knowing that here you have to be very careful at any crossroads he wouldn't of got hit.

5 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

I watched this video several times. How about the mbike that hits the BIG bus right in the centre? That's a VERY clear example of the stupidity of Thai driving. A bus!! Broadside!!!

Yes, and the bus had green light also.

Archived