Video: Renting a motorbike in Pattaya? Watch this first.....

webfact

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

That is a shocking video.

Red lights and junctions seems to be the common theme.

Unfortunately I can’t see how some people who went flying through the air survived. 

I am going to try and avoid motorbike taxis in the future. 

No, when people go 'ragdoll' like that, there will not be many happy endings.

7 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Majority seem to be excessive speeding or running red lights.

Is your life that important that you can't slow down and get where you are going a minute or two later.

Most of them have no place they have to be, it's just the way they roll.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What has that got to do with anything?

Not just Pattaya, but today in Khon Keen some lottery(or drunk)guy, who looked no younger than 70, pulled out in front of me with what looked like his grand daughter on the back. If it wasn't for my radar and auto braking system he could have been hit. 

I have a m/c but would never drive it in a city, apart from Sunday. Seen so many deaths over the years.

Are Sundays immune from crashes? ??

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What has that got to do with anything?

Not just Pattaya, but today in Khon Keen some lottery(or drunk)guy, who looked no younger than 70, pulled out in front of me with what looked like his grand daughter on the back. If it wasn't for my radar and auto braking system he could have been hit. 

I have a m/c but would never drive it in a city, apart from Sunday. Seen so many deaths over the years.

I would suggest that an anticipated 6 figure attendance at a Motogp event to watch Rossi , Marquez , Lorenzo et-al blasting 220 mph missiles around a track will leave a lasting impression on yer average Somchai yoof who upon leaving the event may well wish to emulate what they have just witnessed on their Honda Waves with predictably disastrous results particularly if they choose to try copying Marquez's death or glory riding style .. That's all I'm sayin' ..

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You might find it insensitive but it's a sad fact. The more people who realise that riding a motorcycle is inherently dangerous the better. It may add extra caution to their riding habits and save their lives. Or you can just go on pretending that it won't happen to you.

Exactly what I meant. Climb on an underpowered scooter on roads congested with careless, uneducated people driving with impunity to any laws and you have a very good chance ending up like a crash dummy having little control over your fate. To think otherwise I believe would be ignorant.

6 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

That comment shows you lack the intelligence to understand inherent danger.

Wrong, A lack of intelligence is actually believing that riding a moto in Pattaya is not inherently dangerous. Especially in comparison to a 3 ton SUV. You must have studied physics here in Thailand. Best of luck to you on your scooter, knock yourself out.

Just falling and hitting your head on a hard surface can kill, speed is not required. Everyone should learn this, and those who will not wear correct helmets correctly secured, must be fined, to pay for the cost to society of head injuries. Similar to taxes on smokes and alcohol. Economists can calculate what the fines should be.

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i had to stop watching... screen grabs:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Whoever thinks this is funny are absolutely sick and twisted in their heads, including the warped moran who uploaded these horrifying still images of young people that by all odds were killed and those who can find humour in people being maimed, seriously injured or killed. You stand for so many people I hate and detest in society.

I hope an opportunity arises when all who can find a humorous side to other people`s tragedies, experience similar occurrences to themselves and I can click the ha, ha, like of their suffering.

I

I do not remember waiting at that crossing in Pattaya, without anyone trying something stupid.
Maybe it were worthwhile to analyse the traffic flow and start adjusting the crossroads accordingly, instead of showing this funny, if it were so sad, compilation and not address the underlying cause
( I know, there is no cure for stupidity. ).

9 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

including the warped moran who uploaded these horrifying still images

I am the warped "moran". What is a "moran" anyway?

and I did say I could not watch anymore of the video.

nothing humorous in these videos. many people are dying right in front of our eyes.

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

nothing humorous in these videos. many people are dying right in front of our eyes.

moran is a female moron.

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

As least you know I was referring to you, whichever way it was spelt.

You took the effort to screen capture 2 young people experiencing an horrific ordeal and then upload the images onto a public forum for what you probably consider has entertainment value.  I still stand by my word. Maybe one day it will be you flung 15 ft into the air, ripped apart, videoed and others given the chance to click the, ha, ha button to your suffering.

Archived