Video: Renting a motorbike in Pattaya? Watch this first.....

webfact

3 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

I really want to reconsider how to travel around Thailand. Most lethal in order I’m guessing is....

1Motorbike

2 Mini vans ( because the drivers go too fast)

3 Cars

4 Buses

Is bus travel the ‘safest’? (obviously they crash too) 

Probably .. Just try and get one that doesn't suffer brake failure as that does happen here quite a lot .. Apparently .. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JAZZDOG said:

Exactly what I meant. Climb on an underpowered scooter on roads congested with careless, uneducated people driving with impunity to any laws and you have a very good chance ending up like a crash dummy having little control over your fate. To think otherwise I believe would be ignorant.

Golden!

but the last time I made this very same point I was slammed as a thai basher, because these bikes are all that can be afforded etc etc.... I also went on to condemn the three wheel death traps.... which was seen as OTT!

comments even included the usual “ this is Thailand, if you don’t like it, leave”.... well... I’m guessing that some of these people shown, have in fact, left the building.

anyway.... things like this really make me consider selling the ol steed (although I might keep the helmet and start wearing it in the car)

7 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Probably .. Just try and get one that doesn't suffer brake failure as that does happen here quite a lot .. Apparently .. 

Lol... apparently?

this video clearly shows lots of brakes not doing what they are supposed to do. 

<deleted> is wrong with these morons...unbelievable.....all of these accidents could have been avoided (in my opinion).....the motorcycles riders must be blind...or stupid...or both...I am speechless!!!

One thing that struck me in the video, that most of those who were wearing motorbike helmets, the helmets were flung off during impact. This either means they did not fasten their helmets or what are usually cheap plastic buckles are simply not up to the job. My guess is that the plastic buckles will not hold together under strain. Something to consider very seriously when purchasing a motorbike helmet.

58 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Whoever thinks this is funny are absolutely sick and twisted in their heads, including the warped moran who uploaded these horrifying still images of young people that by all odds were killed and those who can find humour in people being maimed, seriously injured or killed. You stand for so many people I hate and detest in society.

I hope an opportunity arises when all who can find a humorous side to other people`s tragedies, experience similar occurrences to themselves and I can click the ha, ha, like of their suffering.

I

Has that 3rd photo been altered? 

Good grief, so many tragic and easily avoidable collisions, they just had to look where they are going and judge speed and position a little better.

It used to wolves and hyenas that thinned out the weak and the foolish, now they do it for themselves.

10 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

None of the drivers except the bus driver stopped unless their car was immobilized. 

Every single scooter driver wearing  a helmet didn't have it fastened. 

quite a few did. especially the guy at 6.00 wearing what seems like a proper helmet and that with out doubt saved his life

6 minutes ago, stament said:

Has that 3rd photo been altered? 

Now looking at it again, it sure looks like those images have been photoshopped. How sick can a person get? Gone through all that effort to make light of people getting killed. Creeps.

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

as painful as a crash on a bike is is, its still better than being stuck in a car in pattaya.

i just hope it havnt gotten even worse in the past 3 years

Ending up losing a limb or a being a paraplegic is better that sitting in a car? I hope you never have to make that comparison.

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Now looking at it again, it sure looks like those images have been photoshopped. How sick can a person get? Gone through all that effort to make light of people getting killed. Creeps.

I went back to the video and it's not been altered actually genuine. 

Well I can say that I do drive a motor bike in Pattaya.  I have a full face shoei(index) helmet.  

Yes I do know I am putting my life on the line the second I get on that thing.

And while I do drive cautiously and defenseivly 99% of the time I have to remember that being that cautious and defensive will result in me being run over by a car at some point in this country.  

I do not race into the intersection at light changes.  I do not drive at night because that to me feels the most dangerous.  I look all the time before turning and I actually stop and look before pulling into traffic which results in the motorbike behind me undertaking or overtaking me on the turn which is more dangerous because they think I don't know how to drive.  Sadly one figured out differently when they plowed into a car that I was waiting to pass me.

The main problem is that the majority of drivers in this country do not know how to drive period!  Knowing where the gas and brake is doesn't mean you know how to drive.   

Everybody in this country needs to pass a physical driving course with out being able to bribe your way into a license.  Then they need to enforce those laws 100%. Stop worrying about the vapers and sting operations and any other nonsense shit they have their pocket books set on.

Part of me belives that they don't enforce traffic laws is because it will make the offender loose face which I guess is worse then death or bodily injury.

Motorbikes are for max 2 people.  Start enforcement of that.  Start ticketing people loading up the bike with so much shopping shit they can't see or control the bike anymore.

So much needs to be done to fix that carnage.

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Whoever thinks this is funny are absolutely sick and twisted in their heads, including the warped moran who uploaded these horrifying still images of young people that by all odds were killed and those who can find humour in people being maimed, seriously injured or killed. You stand for so many people I hate and detest in society.

I hope an opportunity arises when all who can find a humorous side to other people`s tragedies, experience similar occurrences to themselves and I can click the ha, ha, like of their suffering.

I

Nothing sick or warped about still framing them .. That is the reality of a frightening collision twixt a car and bike .. If anything the Thai authorities should show shocking images of accidents caught on camera to try and drive the message home about road safety in the same way that cigarette's sold here have very graphic images of what smoking can do to the body .. And this should not be overlooked .. Thailand has the 2nd worse fatality rate for traffic accidents in the WORLD second only to Libya with an estimated 24000 deaths on the roads in 2017 and nearly 3/4's of those were  motorcyclists .. Factor in the utterly blatant disregard shown by some here on the roads be that by drunk driving , playing with phone , road racing , lack of correct documentation , badly , badly maintained vehicles and the list goes on .. So if showing graphic uncomfortable images like that hammer's home the message of what damage or worse that a motorcycle accident can do to you then bring them on .. And having been on the receiving end of a very weighty traffic accident 30 odd years ago that put me in HSPL for 4 mths I feel reasonably qualified to pass a ringside comment .. Respect to NCC1701A for putting them up  rather than the churlish disrespectful comments you cast his way at the end of you're reply to his post ..

13 hours ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

You are looking at death, injury and you twits want to make snide comments.  It is so easy to make fun of these people, isn't it.  Damn, I get disgusted by the attitudes of so many farangs sometimes.

We are not the only ones looking at it are we, but thats all we are doing guess who is killing themselves, go on have a guess

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I

Options options options..... like laugh or cry.

in discovering the truth behind the slogans describing Thailand... land of smiles... amazing thailand, most of us have gone from disbelief that this happens... to disgust that the police ( and other responsible bodies) do nothing to stop it... to amazement that Thais accept this as preordained fate, and are happy enough for it to continue.... and finally to acceptance of the stupidly.

thais in power, don’t care

thais being killed, don’t care 

Thais react at farangs suggestions of ways to fix the problem, with anger and indignation, calling on those making suggestions to mind their own farang tongues and leave the kingdom

we cried... and cried... but tears eventually run out, so to maintain sanity, regardless of the hurt, that option is disqualified... so laughing it is

The laughing is more at the fact that this is avoidable, if Thais want to, (but they don’t seem to), than at the hurt.... I bet every person viewing this cringed and gasped at most of it... meaning that the hurt is not funny

the laughing is more about the government instigating crackdowns that have very little chance of working, because the keystone cops ( designed to illicit laughter) don’t do their job 

the laughter is at the fact that safety systems, like traffic lights, are turned off as they don’t control the traffic, but supposedly (according to authorities) cause more accidents ( is that not hilarious?)

the laughter is at the land transport who installed traffic cameras, but couldn’t print enough infringment tickets... so they turned of the cameras.

the laughter is at the supply of chicken essence to drivers, to reduce accidents

the laughter is at threatening to stop folk riding in the back of a pick ups, but backflip during the most deadly time of the year ( what <deleted>???)

the laughter is all that’s left, once you run out of tears.... sometimes, yes, it’s about the more stupid accidents.... but rarely is it actually about the hurt

perhaps we are jaded.... but that doesn’t mean we are heartless... just fed up with seeing this over and over and over, with promises of change, which turn out to be outright lies, when the solutions to stop this are not discussed with any real seriousness.... and let’s face it, thailand is ignoring the lessons of every other country on the planet, to maintain its rating as the worlds worst roads

if the Thais don’t take this seriously, it’s really hard for others to take it seriously... they don’t care... yet we should... and be abused for it

on the weekend gone, I stopped to tell another motorist that he had a flat tire... abuse is what I got in return.... and if that had of resulted in an accident... well... yes... I would have laughed

theres a show on Japanese tv.... comedy involving people doing stunts that usually result in pain.... there’s similar stuff that’s mainstream in the West.... and let’s not forget the three stooges, or America’s funniest videos, which invariably involves painful mistakes

personally, I think you should save your hate for the people in power, who allow this to continue... who are ultimately responsible for the deaths and other hurts of their own people (and tourist... I’m pretty sure the flying todger was a tourist). but maybe you have enough hate to cover all your bases.

Regardless of the outcome of what may happen within a few seconds of the attached picture below... you gotta laugh... even though tragedy is surely on the cards... and if that makes us (or me) dispicable, then there you have it.... but.... stupidly is often funny... and Darwin is watching

3CFD4F7E-50EE-49FB-B268-0E2D82D56E7A.png

59089283-377F-408C-8A31-CD5D2B2761E5.jpeg

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

nothing altered. again i was not making light of the people.

7 hours ago, farcanell said:

Options options options..... like laugh or cry.

in discovering the truth behind the slogans describing Thailand... land of smiles... amazing thailand, most of us have gone from disbelief that this happens... to disgust that the police ( and other responsible bodies) do nothing to stop it... to amazement that Thais accept this as preordained fate, and are happy enough for it to continue.... and finally to acceptance of the stupidly.

thais in power, don’t care

thais being killed, don’t care 

Thais react at farangs suggestions of ways to fix the problem, with anger and indignation, calling on those making suggestions to mind their own farang tongues and leave the kingdom

we cried... and cried... but tears eventually run out, so to maintain sanity, regardless of the hurt, that option is disqualified... so laughing it is

The laughing is more at the fact that this is avoidable, if Thais want to, (but they don’t seem to), than at the hurt.... I bet every person viewing this cringed and gasped at most of it... meaning that the hurt is not funny

the laughing is more about the government instigating crackdowns that have very little chance of working, because the keystone cops ( designed to illicit laughter) don’t do their job 

the laughter is at the fact that safety systems, like traffic lights, are turned off as they don’t control the traffic, but supposedly (according to authorities) cause more accidents ( is that not hilarious?)

the laughter is at the land transport who installed traffic cameras, but couldn’t print enough infringment tickets... so they turned of the cameras.

the laughter is at the supply of chicken essence to drivers, to reduce accidents

the laughter is at threatening to stop folk riding in the back of a pick ups, but backflip during the most deadly time of the year ( what <deleted>???)

the laughter is all that’s left, once you run out of tears.... sometimes, yes, it’s about the more stupid accidents.... but rarely is it actually about the hurt

perhaps we are jaded.... but that doesn’t mean we are heartless... just fed up with seeing this over and over and over, with promises of change, which turn out to be outright lies, when the solutions to stop this are not discussed with any real seriousness.... and let’s face it, thailand is ignoring the lessons of every other country on the planet, to maintain its rating as the worlds worst roads

if the Thais don’t take this seriously, it’s really hard for others to take it seriously... they don’t care... yet we should... and be abused for it

on the weekend gone, I stopped to tell another motorist that he had a flat tire... abuse is what I got in return.... and if that had of resulted in an accident... well... yes... I would have laughed

theres a show on Japanese tv.... comedy involving people doing stunts that usually result in pain.... there’s similar stuff that’s mainstream in the West.... and let’s not forget the three stooges, or America’s funniest videos, which invariably involves painful mistakes

personally, I think you should save your hate for the people in power, who allow this to continue... who are ultimately responsible for the deaths and other hurts of their own people (and tourist... I’m pretty sure the flying todger was a tourist). but maybe you have enough hate to cover all your bases.

Regardless of the outcome of what may happen within a few seconds of the attached picture below... you gotta laugh... even though tragedy is surely on the cards... and if that makes us (or me) dispicable, then there you have it.... but.... stupidly is often funny... and Darwin is watching

3CFD4F7E-50EE-49FB-B268-0E2D82D56E7A.png

59089283-377F-408C-8A31-CD5D2B2761E5.jpeg

? ? .. bang on Farca' .. Best one yet on the subject ..

14 hours ago, Hooliganzone said:

Yes cant wait for it i've already booked my hotel in Buriram.

So whats the problem with that, there are no Thais in the race and no traffic light junctions either no idiots in these races 5555.

I don't have any pity for these people in the accidents if they don't care about there own lives then why should I they want to take the risks then pay the consequences at least they wont be a danger to other innocent people on the roads.

I see many falangs driving in the same way as Thais, and sometimes I shout out of the car window at them "DRIVE LIKE A THAI DIE LIKE A THAI"

For example the falang that gets hits by a car at the crossing he has got a big bike showing off wants to be first, the car that hit him was in the wrong going threw red lights, but if he would have set off more steady knowing that here you have to be very careful at any crossroads he wouldn't of got hit.

Its not the event itself .. It will be the likelihood of the youth wanting to replicate what they have just witnessed on the track out on the roads and highways on their own machines .. 

Archived