Video: Renting a motorbike in Pattaya? Watch this first.....

webfact

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty bad for sure.  One thing I noticed when I am there and just walking around ( I am from the USA), when I cross a street, I sometimes have missed seeing or detecting or whatever some traffic coming from the "other" direction.  We drive on the right side here and over there, by habit, while I do look both ways, I still have seen a few times where I just didn't register the traffic.  Same thing on a bike too, although riding with the pack usually keeps me straight

Most of this is just due to a basic lack of common sense and awareness. A couple of incidents are downright reckless like the motorbike driver going full speed when traffic is turning. Not sure what speed he was going but looked fast @1m 20 and 2mins 20. The latter had a kid on the bike too and it actually accelerated!! ?

13 minutes ago, fullcave said:

If the lower the speed limit to let's say 15km then most of these accidents could be avoided. 

yes cos everyone would be at a snails pace, would be quicker to walk. its easy for all of those accidents to be avoided.

enforce the law ! teach the Thais how to drive and ride bikes like its done in Europe all those accidents could of been avoided with the proper road education and correct driving skills taught.

Out of interest I wonder how many of these accidents were foreigners? Impossible to tell really I guess.

I have noticed what appears to be foreigners in TH  letting their guard down and driving differently (more recklessly) to how they would drive in their own countries.  Surely they don't drive like that in their own countries too?

52 minutes ago, BEngBKK said:

Thailand have many buffolo drivers

to me it seems buffalo and horse are more careful, also, they are intelligent enough to know how to share the road.

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That should read Thais in Pattaya. Go to the real Thailand and meet many good honest people.

Yes i agree,   Pattaya is worse now,   than any other city in Thailand

for lawlessness on the roads.

Cops are shameful, parents are shameful,  the list is long.

and no sign of it changing soon.

What about all the morons who go around train crossings when the gates are down and the train is approaching? Saw a video last month of a guy that did that and there were two trains. It was also in Thailand. He did not see the train in back of the other one and got clobbered. Cannot find link for the video. 

1 hour ago, stament said:

Out of interest I wonder how many of these accidents were foreigners? Impossible to tell really I guess.

I have noticed what appears to be foreigners in TH  letting their guard down and driving differently (more recklessly) to how they would drive in their own countries.  Surely they don't drive like that in their own countries too?

I only saw one, The guy went thru the windshield and hopped away on one leg. Only one with full face helmet which most likely saved his life. Also appeared the car ran a red light. There can be no debate that Thais are awful drivers with very little common sense/awareness. 

Several cruel but essentially fair comments. Most of the problems here were caused by stupid or unsighted riders. Three possibly four were due to stupid car/van drivers.

Maybe Deputy PM Rolex can be made to serve time working on this problem rather than daunting around fabricating his defence.

Is it an oxymoron that the same helmet-less biker then dons his lycra outfit and then his cycle helmet when he's out on the pedal? Not sure whether I'm bemused by this scenario or question how many neurones are synapsing with these folk.  Whatever  -  their philosophy will be "live for the day" !

2 hours ago, Humpy said:

I notice the helmets , those that were wearing them, nearly always came off ........I wonder why  !!!!!!!

Because they don't strap them on. Just put on so do not get ticket. Police don't strap theirs either. It is a common theme with Thais. They don't like helmets and will often take them on and hold them on smaller sois. Haven't you seen the passengers on moto taxis that simply hold the helmet above their head and don't actually put it on? Too afraid of messing up their hair.

21 hours ago, jackbox said:

Thais rarely use the strap. I have never seen a RTP officer who used the strap. The most ridiculous is when you see someone with a full face helmet just sitting on the top of their head like a cap. Many Thais also hate helmets. At night when no cops are around they don't use them and often I see them taking them off and holding them when they turn from main streets onto sois. They don't seem to understand the helmet is to protect their head from being smashed open.

...i get amazed when i see young students on motor cys holding the helmet up to shield their faces from the sun.

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

Well, only the super stupid die ,......the majority of stupid drivers can still make a u-turn without looking , ignore red lights, drive 10cm behind you,take turns while speeding and steering with 1 hand(holding a baby and operate a cell phone....) 

Those idiots are not saved by Bhuda ......but by us ! Because we brake, avoid,horn,.......and save ten's of lives every day by doing this .

So the saying :"Bhuda protects us" is only for the super stupid witch even we can not save.

If this is not clear to you, .....Bhuda will take care of you.

1 hour ago, lucjoker said:

Well, only the super stupid die ,......the majority of stupid drivers can still make a u-turn without looking , ignore red lights, drive 10cm behind you,take turns while speeding and steering with 1 hand(holding a baby and operate a cell phone....) 

Those idiots are not saved by Bhuda ......but by us ! Because we brake, avoid,horn,.......and save ten's of lives every day by doing this .

So the saying :"Bhuda protects us" is only for the super stupid witch even we can not save.

If this is not clear to you, .....Bhuda will take care of you.

Are you a Buddhist?

Where does the saying, "Buddha protects us" come from?

What I find really scary more than being involved in an accident it’s-self, that in this day and age there could be me or people closest to me lying in the road suffering horrific injuries or dead, and the whole event videoed then published online on gore websites, the social media and even here on TV, whereas my tragedy becomes no more then of entertainment value for the ghoulish pleasures of the sadistic.

Try to imagine you go online and suddenly come across photos or videos of your son, or daughter, a sibling, a parent, wife or anyone else close to you, either been involved in a terrible accident, murdered, beaten up or raped, with a*seholes making stupid insensitive comments under the photos or videos.

Fair enough, it’s a good thing to show on film exactly what’s going on as a warning for others to be aware and try to stay safe out there, but what I have seen changed over the years, especially since most people are now armed with smart phones with cameras and video, is the total insensitivity of it all and the many that seem to revel in it. There are even websites dedicated to the sadistic and the weird.

This I find very unsettling and disturbing. Imagine for example, you go to visit your mother’s grave and sitting on top of the burial site are strangers having a picnic, so what’s the difference?

For me personally society is changing in ways that I don’t like, something has gone wrong somewhere, respect and sensitivity towards others is diminishing. It is and will always be my opinion that those who try to exploit the tragedies of others are creeps, no matter how many excuses they use to try and justify themselves.

Archived