BOI Non-Imm B + Work permit employment via third party

There are a number of BOI-approved companies now offering to employ farangs on their books in return for a Non-Im B + Work Permit, the usual pitch is that you work for them but you continue working for whatever it was you were doing before and either pay a percent of what you earn to them or set fees. Because of Thaivisa's rules I won't name them. 

What I wanted to know is that once having obtained the work permit, how strict are work permits in regards to doing multiple jobs. For example, a freelancer who is working mostly for overseas companies but picks up a side gig (not full time) in Thailand for example. Specifically, one online as opposed to physically working in a location different to the Work Permit sponsor. 

I do know that work permits are tied to a specific job but likewise a number of these offerings tend to offer broad definitions on their work permits. From what I've heard is that the biggest consideration by Immigration/ Dept of Labor etc in terms of working legally is that you have a work permit to start with and are declaring money earned/ paying tax.

Thoughts welcome. 

1 hour ago, lordblackader said:

There are a number of BOI-approved companies now offering to employ farangs on their books in return for a Non-Im B + Work Permit, the usual pitch is that you work for them but you continue working for whatever it was you were doing before and either pay a percent of what you earn to them or set fees

The fact that you "work for them" but you don't says a lot!

2 hours ago, lordblackader said:

There are a number of BOI-approved companies now offering to employ farangs on their books in return for a Non-Im B + Work Permit, the usual pitch is that you work for them but you continue working for whatever it was you were doing before and either pay a percent of what you earn to them or set fees

This is done quite legally by a company called Iglu in Chang Mai - but the price is steep - 30% (or is it 33%?) of gross-receipts on a minimum of ~$2000 USD/mo.   The way it works, is they act as "invoicer" - so your clients are paying them for the service, and they are paying you for doing the work.

I don't know if they are allowed to Invoice a Thai Company, or if their charter is only for "outsourcing" work for foreign clients.  The concern of the Dept of Labor is that you only work for (and are paid by) a Thai Company which is specified on your Work Permit.  If the Thai company can bill through a company like Iglu, and Iglu pays you, then it should not be a problem.

I'm not sure how the others work (haven't heard of any) or if they operate within the rules - or just hand over an envelope or two and the rules suddenly don't matter.

Edited by JackThompson